Trailer Trash

Shake it up Fridaily (Read 41 times)

Sandy-2

I know it’s nothing to you Bay Area folks, but experienced a little tremor here in Yokohama yesterday.  It got a little quiet in the restaurant until everyone realized it was just a little shaking and not a big one (also good since my hotel room is on the 64th floor).

I decided to let my colleagues do some work today and I’m just taking it easy until my afternoon flight back to Texas.  So of course that meant a nice 18 mile run around the streets of Yokohama.  It really was an anti-trail run.  Headed east of downtown Yokohama out on a peninsula where once thru the large buildings and tangle of houses you get to lovely refineries, big tank farms, container storage yards, light industry, power generating stations, shipping wharfs, and of course nice wide roads with lots of big trucks.  I thought, this must be what it would be like to run next to the Houston ship channel.  Like I said, the anti-trail.

Here’s a photo I took from my hotel.  I took that big road angling off to the left out to the horizon where you can perhaps make out the water, then took a right and went along the waterfront.  I went to the upper right past the edge of the photo, then reversed track and came back.  I guess about 18 to 20 miles based on the time and my easy pace.

Actually I make fun, but since I did it so early in the morning there wasn’t much traffic and it actually wasn't that bad.  And there were a few areas of “green” along the way.

Also, here's a little treat for ya, a green tea KitKat bar (think white chocolate that's really kinda green).

Have a nice weekend everyone.

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning all,

Sandy - I bet you would have felt that earthquake pretty good if you would have been in your hotel room.  I was in San Diego and felt a small earthquake...everybody else just went about their business and I was kind of freaking out.  Also, great view...really cool to just look out and say "I'm going to run to there and back"

Enjoyed my rest day yesterday and my legs certainly appreciated it.  I'm either going to do another 2.6  mile "5k test" run after work or a nice easy 6 or 7.  Might be best just to wing the 5k next weekend.

QOTD: Do you ever run with other people?  What %?

I don't.  I would consider it, but I have not actively looked for anyone or a group to run with. 1% - races only

**Ask me about streaking**

Marley decided to sleep in while I ran 6 miles of muddy trail in the pouring rain.

QOTD: Seldom unless you count Marley, but when I do it is usually only me and one other person.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Tested out some speed on my legs this morning on the way to the gym. I'm feeling like my race this weekend will go well.

QOTD: I run with guys from my running club on occasion. I never really ran with other people until we moved to Utah and I've come to really love it.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Heading to a cabin near State College with some friends for the weekend.

QOTD:  Yes, this weekend.  I run with DW about 25% of the time.  Have a few running buddies that I will get together with on occasion.  They are marathoners so when our long runs match up we'll do a long fire road run in the mountains.  I have not done many group runs, but wold like to do more.  I like the social vibe from running with a big group.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Supposed to be SRD, but thinking about doing my long run this evening instead of tomorrow.  Would be wet and muddy, but that's part of the fun, right?

QOTD:  For most of my life I've been a solitary runner.  The past year I've started running with a group on Sundays on my favorite trails and have enjoyed it - fun group of people, no one too serious and it's large enough to split into different pace groups so that everyone's comfortable.

Ultra Cowboy

Last night's trail run was a good one. I met my fast trailrunner buddy who has a 50k this Sunday and we did 7.3 miles in the State park in the evening.  His "Take it easy" pace is still a push for me, especially the uphills. I can hang with him on the downhills.  I told him that I was what was gonna keep him tapering for his race.

Saw a couple of bucks in velvet.  Two were spikes, and one was a 3 point (Western count) I'd seen earlier in the year.  Too dark for good pictures.  It is not going to be a "big antler" year for the local deer.  Feed has dried up early.

QOTD :  Running is a big part of my social life.  Probably one half of my Facebook Friends are runners I've run, trained, or drank beer with.  The positive reinforcement has encouraged me to increase my distances.  I run more miles when I have people to run with.  Not that I talk much since I seem to always be trying to keep up with people a little bit faster than me!

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

12.6 miles this morning in the warm fog. I got wet all over, but it was a nice run, with lots of up and down. Many salamanders and frogs were out today because of the humidity - I had to be careful not to step on the little guys!

Sandy: Love the green KitKat bar. Can you send me one? Just kidding.

Have fun with the quakes until boarding the plane - plenty of quakes in Japan!

Zilla: Have a great run later!

TT: Your pooch knows to pick the raisins out of the cake!

lace: Save your strength for the race - hope it will go well!

AT: Yay - just wanted to say feel free to contact me for a fun run together, then remembered I'll work this weekend, and DS has his birthday party. Sunday perhaps?

DD2: Hope you won't grow webbing between your toes in all that mud!

Rocky: That "easy" pace of some runners can be challenging, especially shortly before a race!

QOTD: I sometimes run with my buddy, about once per week, or every other week. Sometimes we don't get to run together for several weeks in a row, though. And I do the occasional group run with the running club, especially in winter, when the snow drags out far too long to have fun with it. The local FA races are some kind of social event, too, does that count?

Run for fun.

Snowdenrun

I WILL run today! I'm feeling completely unprepared for my marathon. Running was going really great for a few months and I think it still would be if life didn't get in the way. I was just getting back into things from my week in CO when I got sick. I managed to run 3.1 a few days ago. Then I had to work my days off because the "new" airplane came back from the paint shop and needs a lot of work before it heads off to the avionics shop. And I got 4 hours of sleep Wednesday night due to EMT calls. ..Okay I'll stop whining and just go run.

QOTD: I never run with other people. I've tried(halfheartedly) to find some people to run the trails with during the summer because of all the bears. I'm not a super social person in general, but I really don't like talking when I'm running. It's my time, I don't want to wait on someone or be worried I'm slowing them down. Maybe I'd do good in a group run setting where people have different abilities and can spread out a bit. ...but even as I just typed that I know I probably wouldn't show up for a group run.

Sandy- You have the opportunity to run in some pretty amazing places!

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

10k around the neighborhood last night for the dog and I. Plan to get out on the trails this weekend before they close them down Monday morning due to fire danger. Not looking forward to spending most of the summer running roads and flatter trails. Angry

QOTD: Pretty much never. Usually just my dog and sometimes DS in his stroller. Once in a while my wife will join me. Been trying to hook up with a another local forumite for a run, but hasn't worked out yet.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I WILL run today! I'm feeling completely unprepared for my marathon. Running was going really great for a few months and I think it still would be if life didn't get in the way. I was just getting back into things from my week in CO when I got sick. I managed to run 3.1 a few days ago. Then I had to work my days off because the "new" airplane came back from the paint shop and needs a lot of work before it heads off to the avionics shop. And I got 4 hours of sleep Wednesday night due to EMT calls. ..Okay I'll stop whining and just go run.

QOTD: I never run with other people. I've tried(halfheartedly) to find some people to run the trails with during the summer because of all the bears. I'm not a super social person in general, but I really don't like talking when I'm running. It's my time, I don't want to wait on someone or be worried I'm slowing them down. Maybe I'd do good in a group run setting where people have different abilities and can spread out a bit. ...but even as I just typed that I know I probably wouldn't show up for a group run.

#1 When is the marathon?

#2 LOL, I'm the same way...I typed and deleted a similar statement that I realized wasn't going to happen for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

Snowdenrun

#1 When is the marathon?

#2 LOL, I'm the same way...I typed and deleted a similar statement that I realized wasn't going to happen for me.

Marathon is August 3rd. So I have a bit. I still feel so new at running that when life throws a curve ball it seems to take me forever to get back to where I was at running-wise. I'm not hoping for some awesome time in the race. It's my first ever race, I'm mainly hoping I don't blow up and die.

Brian Runner

Hyper Extended my knee back on Tuesday. Could barely walk the next day. Feared the worse, but after the swelling went down and I could bend the knee I learned that the damange was mostly just the very upper part of muscle on the back of the leg just below the knee. Haven't run since Tuesday, but i'm confident I'll be back on the trails this weekend.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Afternoon! Been a super busy work week.  Next week looks worse.  Rest for me today.  Will celebrate kids last day of school later.  I expect total chaos from them.

QOTD: Rarely due to my crazy schedule and early morning running.  Few people seem to get up so early and run.  I wouldn't mind some company on occasional runs but until I find a like minded early morning crazy runner, I will continue to go it alone.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Chnaiur

No running today - just driving up to Tahoe to get out into Desolation WIlderness early tomorrow morning. Planning to do 20 miles Sat, sleep on Dick's peak, and then do 15 on the way back to the car.

If anyone is near and wants to meet up for beer/dinner tonight or run a bit tomorrow, that would be real fun.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k