Trailer Trash

Welcome RWOL trailers - quick question (Read 340 times)

On On

Hello trail runners.  I am curious on the concept of dailies.  Why do you post them and what do people get out of reading them?

Other than that welcome to RA.  I saw on the Tuesday thread that someone is curious if this forum should be combined with the other RA Trail forum.  My .02, rename this group so it doesn't seem so exclusive and then post a link on the other Forum.  Those that want to come over will, and those that don't can keep their own little space. 

I posted a few times to RW but have mostly been over here for the last few years.  I am an RD in NJ and if anyone is interested in the races I put on the links are in my signature.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure what others would say but dailies seem to be a daily way of conecting with each other - seeing how training is going, updates on injuries (unfortunately), offering encouragement, praise, etc.  It really helps in getting to know others.  We have a cool, laid back group of runners - some of which have met in person and others have not but still know each other fairly well.  The Question of the Day (QOTD) seems to facilitate some of the getting to know each other - sometimes running related questions and other times not. 

Thanks for the link to your races.  I hope to make my way over one of these days as I live in PA. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The dailies are our little chat thread every day.  Sometimes we stay very on topic and sometimes we go off on wild tangents.  I like to see what everyone is up to in terms of training and the question of the day (QOTD) is sometimes funny, sometimes thought provoking, sometimes random.  Sometimes we wish people good luck on races, big runs, trips, etc.  We celebrate accomplishments, offer sympathy for injuries, and even share personal stuff.  It's sort of the heart of everything.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Hello trail runners.  I am curious on the concept of dailies.  Why do you post them and what do people get out of reading them?

Other than that welcome to RA.  I saw on the Tuesday thread that someone is curious if this forum should be combined with the other RA Trail forum.  My .02, rename this group so it doesn't seem so exclusive and then post a link on the other Forum.  Those that want to come over will, and those that don't can keep their own little space. 

I posted a few times to RW but have mostly been over here for the last few years.  I am an RD in NJ and if anyone is interested in the races I put on the links are in my signature.

HAHA! I know you Rick! I ran Feabapple 50 last year, came in 3rd overall and wrote your story for Ultra Running Mag.

NorthernHarrier

For me the dailies keep me active in the forum. Even when busy I will take the time to check the daily and see what everyone is up to. Without them I would only check into the forum occasionally.  I've only met 2 people from the forum but I feel like I know many more.

On On

HAHA! I know you Rick! I ran Feabapple 50 last year, came in 3rd overall and wrote your story for Ultra Running Mag.

I know exactly who you are and we are FB "friends".  

Occasional Runner

I know exactly who you are and we are FB "friends".  

Yes, we are. Good to see you around Rick!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

For me the dailies keep me active in the forum. Even when busy I will take the time to check the daily and see what everyone is up to. Without them I would only check into the forum occasionally.  I've only met 2 people from the forum but I feel like I know many more.

You poor thing.  You had to meet me.  Dead  And Scrappy, who is too cool for forums now.  Cry

Running is dumb.

LB2

It is usually just a mental break for me. And it is also the source of some degree of motivation.

LB2

dpc3

I know Harrier, he is that crazy guy up in WI chasing birds with his dog all fall and winter long. Whatever you do don't call his dog ****

Oh and the dailies is a way to connect with like minded beer drinking folks who don't take themselves to serious, unless you start talking about turkeys. Then LB2 gets fired up.

NorthernHarrier

You poor thing.  You had to meet me.  Dead

I know!  Yet somehow I'm still here. Shocked

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It is my way of connecting to other trail runners, and to get some motivation.

I really like the daily posting of runs, how it went, and what else is going on in one's life. The QOTD is the "fun" part, a quick probe to see what others think of a particular topic which often is interesting, but does not really deserve a thread of its own.

While I was banned on RW and could not even access the forums webpage at all, I noticed that it was more difficult to get motivated to go out and run, in any weather and on tough trails, to work hard. This was not the case before I got familiar with the forum, after all, I'd been running for decades without any forum. I guess you call this addiction?

Any way, I love the dailies!

Run for fun.

Wandering Wally

The dailies are just a nice way to touch base each day.  I like seeing what everyone else is up to.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hey Rick. 

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome to RA. 

I like the daily dose of who's doing what, kinda like meeting at a coffee shop before

heading out on the trails. Not to mention, these folks are damn funny and rarely

take anything too seriously. 

Occasional Runner

I like the dailies because i want to make sure I'm running more than Junkie, DPC and especially Mandy. I read in the RWOL BF that Mandy is an ELITE runner, so if I can run more miles and run faster miles than she does, I figure I'm golden.