Trailer Trash

Timid Tuesday (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

Ok, I'll start.  Got in the best 2.5 miles of the year last night with younger DS.  It started out as 'too tired' (after asking me in the morning to take him running later), then deciding he wanted try a one mile loop in the park, then going all out for the originally planned route, proclaiming it a' great day for a run'.   I just went along for the ride, trying not to push.  It worked.  And the near 30 degree drop in temps didn't hurt, either.

qotd:  Did anyone introduce you to running or was key to helping you start?  For me, I started in HS, partly to run track and partly to help my swimming training.  My older brother was a good XC runner, so there was inspiration, but I did start training on my own.

Brian Runner

Mostly just taking it easy this week ahead of The Green Monster 50k ( http://www.greenmonster-trailchallenge.com/home Wink on Sunday morning.

qotd: Nobody introduced me to running. It just sort of happened. I'd been a wrestler since 2nd grade, and in 9th grade I was looking for a change. Ended up running track on spring before giving XC a try the next fall. After high school, and during college, I ran very occasionally. After college though I really got back into it and have been on a rampage ever since.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Nice 5 miler this morning. First day in new NB 1400's, what a sweet ride

they are.

runtrailsdc: that's a perfect thing to hear from your DS 'a great day for a run'

QOTD: I started in 98 after quitting smoking. Noone really introduced me but

I did have some support initially from my unit in the Coast Guard. My step-father

has been a longtime runner, and still a smoker/drinker, but I didn't appreciate

his efforts and dedication until I became one myself.

Occasional Runner

Leisurely road run this morning because I was feeling lazy. I'm not going to do any big runs this month because I have a lot of race mileage coming up.

QOTD: I just stumbled into it on my own.

It was an awesome 52F for our 8 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: My daughter and her friend that rode coast to coast by bicycle with us were both a factor.  Also Bjon Suneson was an inspiration.  We met him on the coast to coast bike trip when he was running coast to coast.  I think he was something like 59 at the time.

I was never able to run in my younger years due to what seemed like constant ankle injuries.  It seemed that I couldn't run even a mile without injuring an ankle.  I finally successfully started running at the age of 57.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Not sure what or when...but plan to run later. The weather is perfect. Making baked apples right now. Seemed the perfect thing to do on a lovely fall day!

qotd: My inspiration to become a runner was a college classmate..who ran marathons!  Back in the early 80s that was a rarity. I never raced back then, but she inspired me to get out to run and have fun doing it. We would go out for a run (roads...it never occurred to me to run a trail) and sing the entire 100 Bottles of Beer while running.  Shouting it...between our laughter and singing...it took my breath away. Great qotd! I had not thought of that in a long time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Spending a long day at work. Splitting time between two different employers and will end up with a combined 24 hours until I'm done. That means no running for me until tomorrow afternoon.

QOTD: Nope. Unfortunately I don't have any close friends who are runners. I've always loved biking and staying in shape in general so trying out running was just a natural thing to do.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

45 minutes this morning.  Felt pretty good.

QOTD: I was "introduced" to running as a kid - growing up near Boston - they had the marathon on TV every year.  Then in HS, a history teacher (also xc coach) thought for sure I was a fast runner and convinced me to join the team.  Well I wasn't fast but that was my introduction. Took many years off and started on my own again in 2008.

Have a blessed day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Chnaiur

Sick day today. Had a great session with the podiatrist, who told me my foot soreness is just tired muscles. He showed me how to tape the arch for support (which I will do), and gave me inserts (which I probably won't use). It was so great to meet a doctor who didn't even raise an eyebrow when I told him I was there because my foot gets sore when I run more than 6-7 hours.

QOTD: running was just one of the things people did when I was growing up. I knew I needed to do it to improve my conditioning for ranger school. Didn't think about it much at the time.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a short run later, if I can squeeze it in.

Yesterday, DS was ill and out of school, so that took up most of my time. Today, it's DH's turn of being sick, so I'm to take care of him, now that I'm home from work (started at 5). So much for a nice recovery, but that's my real life.

QOTD: I started with my dad when I was 10. He was trying to get fit and strong for one more of his many "expeditions" (where he took the family with him), and I felt this was just the right thing for me to do, too. Over many years, we had a lot of fun running together, always on trails (contrary to many other runners, it never occurred to me to run on roads), but we never raced together.

Enjoy another wonderful day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did a really nice 5 or 6 mile run along the East River in NYC this morning.  Sunrise was nice.  Crisp and cool 55 deg, I'm loving it.  Ok it was still a City Run, but it was nice.

qotd: I started way back in Jr. High, my older brother was a great runner.  They thought I'd be too.....  but I showed 'em.  LOL.

tbd.

Wandering Wally

Rested yesterday.  Planning 5-ish with some hard effort fartleks this evening.  I love saying "fartlek"  :-D

QOTD - Not really.  I was just looking for a way to burn the most calories in the least amount of time.  Running seemed to be it.  I resisted for awhile, then tried Couch to 5K and found out running wasn't so bad.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Rolled out of the sack and got 2.2 in. Could have made it 6 but ran into the old guy Bob I often see in the woods....and he's a talker!!! QOTD: I went to a small catholic school and all my friends were on some type of sport. Ski Team was my favorite and one I actually excelled at. But then I joined track, then we created a CC team which I really liked but wasnot good at, and finally they created a volley ball team so I joined that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

I should rest ... not many hours since the Pyrenees, but seven days of running or cycling in a row has not helped me to recover well.

QOTD: I was motivated to run on my own. My mom did not allow me to run x-country in high school. I got more into cycling later on, but now having me run ultras and having my nephew run high school x-country is funny (at least to me).

NorthernHarrier

Killing time at a Culvers in Richland Center Wi. Have to stay up in this region for another half hour in case there is a pickup at one of the usual spots near hear. Hey, if they want to pay me to sit on my butt drinking diet pepsi, what do I care!

Did a somewhat fast paced roadie this morning. Felt great, I have really started to turn things for the better. If I get home with a little light yet maybe some biking and then a workout in the man cave to cap off the day. Again we are in an incredible weather pattern. I love fall. Cool

34th wedding anniversary this weekend. We'll be spending the weekend in Munising, Mi. doing the tourist stuff. If I'm lucky I'll sneak out for some trail running at the Pictured rocks. I hope.

QOTD--Like most other things I am self-taught and self motivated. Can't think of any light bulb moment or any person that lit the fire. It sure has enriched my life I think.