Trailer Trash

Misty Mondaily (Read 262 times)

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Good day fine people!

Plan is for a hour trail run tonight unless the trails are to muddy.  otherwise i'll be using road shoes and running on tarmac. 

QOTD- Luckly i don't eat sweats except when working or or at races. 

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Weegee

What EDRW said.

QOTD: WORMS!  I'm eating worms!  Stupid Hardrock with its stupid lottery…

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6.5 miles in balmy 48 degrees. Almost too warm, now that I'm used to running in the cold.

Almost lost my key from the pocket of my jacket, fortunately it dropped while I was still on the pavement, so I heard it and could find it quickly again. Rest of the run I had the key attached to a zipper, which made me sound like a jingle horse. Very Christmas-y! Big grin

Birdwell: Love your avatar!

traildc: Enjoy the muscle building!

lace: Oops, snow. Some trails are much easier to run when they are covered in a fairly thick layer of snow. Or get out the snow shoes!

Mandy: Nice walk. It's not running, but at least it's something!

Sandy: That ankle is quite stubborn. If you can't do the long distances, doing fast short miles is almost quite as good.

warden: I'd switch. But I know I'm a whimp.

Jamie: Nice hill run. Long or short, as long as it's fun, it counts!

Harrier: Sounds like a good weekend. Hope you'll catch up with the snow soon!

Flyer: Nice workouts. Does the gym have a track?

sugnim: I hope your DH checked on you every 5 minutes while you were shoveling. I just learned from a neighbor that it is totally negligent not to do so, just in case. I think I have never ever checked on DH when he was shoveling snow, and I am pretty sure neither has he checked on me. Such is life.

Smith: Enjoy the rest!

EDRW: Brave weekend runs!

Endurance: Have a nice run later, trail or road!

Weegee: Hope your knee will cooperate soon again!

QOTD: It changes, but generally I prefer the creamy flavors over the fruity ones. Coffee with brownie crumbs and cream swirls is one of my favorites.

Hope your start into the new week is a good one!

Run for fun.

runfastandie

Hello Everyone!

Foot is still in quite a bit of major pain.  I'm avoiding using it. Definitely not a "sore muscle to work through" kind of thing.  I'm very afraid I'm going to have to do weight training on the "circuit" tomorrow so that I don't have to put any pressure on the foot. Better than nothing I guess.

qotd: I love vanilla with cookie dough, but a good mint chip or oreo is on my list- ooooh and that peppermint that only comes out at Christmas with the little crunchy bits, and the Moose tracks with caramel or peanut butter cup.......the list goes one! (just no fruit or chocolate base).

FurShirtFlyer

@FTYC - Yeah. Our little gym is really nice for a remote installation. It used to be a warehouse but was converted to a gym after the base (Grifiss AFB) closed down. We have 3 lane, ~200m indoor track. The turns are a little tight. When I first got here, I didn't like it. Our 1.5 mile run test means 12 laps and a little extra. That is a lot of turning. But I've grown to love it for the PT test. It is nice because lap time feedback is much quicker. I'm usually shooting for around 9:00 for the 1.5 miles, which equals 45 second laps. It makes it easy to readjust during the test.

Ultra Cowboy

Still trying to figure out where I'll get my 6 miles in tonight. 

As for Ice cream flavors, I've seldom found one I didn't like.  Maybe any with coconut but I'm an equal opportunity Frozen Dairy consumer. 

Andie, good luck with that foot. Maybe you and Lace up can start a support group...;-D

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

sugnim: I hope your DH checked on you every 5 minutes while you were shoveling. I just learned from a neighbor that it is totally negligent not to do so, just in case. I think I have never ever checked on DH when he was shoveling snow, and I am pretty sure neither has he checked on me. Such is life.

My DW knows better than to bug me when I'm in the middle of shoveling.  The dog, however, thinks it is play time.  The best part is that on weekends, I get to double dip on coffee when I shovel snow.  My neighbors who are in their 80's will always repay me with a hot cup of joe in their living room after I shovel their driveway.  Then, after I've had some good coffee & conversation, I go back inside our house.  By this time, it seems as though I have been shoveling for a very long time.  My DW will make me another cup of coffee (she doesn't drink coffee, but somehow makes the best coffee on the planet) and maybe even breakfast.  

Sandy-2

Sandy, whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, I just think of poor, fat, beer drinking Gerber, who is on rest day #100 something for his messed up back. 

Yea it really sux that you and Gerber are in the middle of injuries.  Glad to see that you really knew what I meant.....  my little ankle niggle is nothing compared to what you guys are going thru. 

I hope you're back to "normal" soon.

tbd.

Rest day today, which I almost bagged because the snow was better than ever--big picture-book flakes clumping together. Still went downtown and wandered around in it for a while, Christmas shopping and looking at the lights.

QOTD: New York Super Fudge Chunk.

Watoni

Maybe another wet ride today in the hills ... trading speed for a bit of volume near the holidays ...

Going to the doc to follow-up on ankle and stomach issues tomorrow.

QOTD: I am really liking three twins ice cream lately. My favorite is hazelnut and chocolate gelato ... need to get a gelato maker

Ultra Cowboy

Watoni,

Their production facility is in my home town.  Great product as well! 

WYBMADIITY

Save

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was windy and raining this am so I am going to hit the treadmill tonight.  Still a little stiff and sore from Saturday. 

QOTD:  Currently Haagen Daaz White Chocolate with Rasberry swirls...Safeway has a fancy brand in the small container called Salted Carmael.  So good too.

Sandy:  Approve on your MM comment.

Mandy:  Poor chubbs.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Monday is a off day, got some bug from the kids at school.  Maybe the snow shoes by the end of the weekWink.

Birdwell

strength training today, but I may switch that out for a run this afternoon as tomorrow is calling for very windy weather (15-20 mph w/ gusts near 40 Sad)- probably a better day to hit the gym 

qotd: Blue Bunny makes a Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate that is very good

Ah yes, blue bunnys Bordeaux cherry chocolate. Another of my favorites. I have the wonderful opportunity to work at a Blue Bunny production facility on occasion (I take care of HVAC issues for them) and we often get free samples while on site. 

They keep telling me about a flavor they make, that I've never been able to try or find, its a white chocolate macadamia nut ice cream. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden: I'd switch. But I know I'm a whimp. 

I guess I am too Big grin  decided to run instead, got a really nice 8.5 miles in the hills

I'll hit the gym tomorrow when the wind is howling at 30mph Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √