Trailer Trash

not working Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Got a nice 4-ish miles on the trails w/ DW and Tiny E yesterday, on the way back, maybe a 1/4 mile from the truck, we got hit with some wind driven graupel- it's the little round pellets of snow; it's not hail, but it stung like hail Smile

Not working today, so will try and get something in the 6-7 mile range w/ Tiny Elvis.

qotd: building off of yesterday's question, popular places that you wouldn't consider moving to?  anywhere with a lot of people and anywhere that was too hot- that knocks off a lot of places    visit/vacation absolutely, live- no

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning....it's a tired Thursday for me.  The stupid storms come after 1 am and cause the smaller dogs all sorts of upsetness which in turn causes all sorts of sleeplessness.

Went up to gym last night for the personal trainer.  Did 5 miles on the bike before and then we worked on some exercises with the dumbbells.  Nothing over the top but I'm really just wanting him to make sure I'm using the proper form so as not to injure myself.

qotd: I love going back to a certain part of FL for the beach but no way I'd live there...way too many people.  I don't remember much of when we lived in NH but think I liked it...no way now as I hate the cold.

Those of you with back issues...does a bulging disc ever get better?  It's like I feel great for a while and then I fall like I did a few weeks ago and now my back hurts again.  Not as bad but still I'm so tired of this.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Just checking in to say hello!  My heel is slowly improving, but still messed up.  I finally cut a hole in my climbing shoes and am going to go to the gym tonight.

QOTD:  Oh, let's see...NYC, LA, Chicago, <insert any big city here>, Seattle, Portland, the majority of the East coast, the majority of the South, anywhere in the Midwest other than Madison...  Oh, wait, the Midwest is definitely not popular.  Ha!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Got in 25.2 miles on the new bike yesterday. Lovely day out.

Looked out my window right before I left and this is what I saw surrounding my mailbox. And this was before the mail lady had gone.  Neighbors had some type of bash going on. Sometimes ya just gotta wonder what people are thinking .

Image may contain: tree, car, sky, plant, basketball court, outdoor and nature

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59889064_2355520927820982_8388489570571780096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&oh=8781eca82d004c7435511793966b329e&oe=5D60BCDB

Took a picture up on the mountain on one of the plush areas of my favorite trail.  Not quite sure why I didn't take a picture in one of the rock gardens or mud holes I went through .

Image may contain: flower, plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

That was my view while washing off my bike. About 25 years old and we are trying to figure out how to trim it without killing it..

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- glad the "heel is healing" Smile

DD- looks like a possible funeral procession 

dhuffman- I had a bulged disc, took several weeks to diagnosis and I'm the one who did   had severe pain in my chest/tricep/shoulder on one side, the pain would radiate around that area and was also getting numbness.   finally had a MRI done and looked at by a neurologist, yup a disc bulging and not surprisingly the one that was responsible for the area of pain (don't recall the number)

anywho he asked if it was better or worse, well at the juncture it was improving- so he passed on surgery (as did I) and it finally healed; it was so bad at one point that I couldn't do a single pushup due to one side having almost no nerve function- wee bit scary!; I've read since that if it were to ever act up again- immediately apply frequent ice to that disc, not heat- to aid in reducing the inflammation

I know in Europe, and possibly here now???, they have a very no-invasive surgery using lasers to open up the disc to alleviate the pinching of the nerve bundle

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles today at a tempo pace. Wanted to make up for a TURD yesterday as I got too busy to get out over lunch.

Watching Broadchurch on Netflix's. It's been out for a few years, but we never watched it. WOW it's pretty intense.

Warden - happy Friday.   Your winter never wants to end.

dhuff - sent you a PM.  My back has been a mess for years.  Hurt it 2 weeks ago taking out some Holly bushes, and was mildly better before golf trip, then left leg pain started and on Tuesday's run I was miserably.  Started prednisone Tuesday and now 2 bad nights sleeping (Bert, I feel what you are going through) but less leg pain.

Mandy - good luck climbing.  East Coast has some great spots if you get away from the cities.

DD - Mennonite vehicles?

QOTD:  I'd stay away from any big city, and anywhere where leaves don't change colors.  I need season's but not necessarily a lot of snow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in 4+ miles in Rock Creek. It was a slogfest. I donated blood yesterday and did not wait the '24 hours before strenuous exercise' guideline, but I cannot think losing a pint of blood would impact me that much. Just an off day (week?).  Nevertheless, it was a nice day in the woods with few others around.

qotd: Anywhere hot. My ideal temps don't go much over 75, maybe 85-90 for brief summer spells. That rules out half the country. I really liked northern AZ, not Phoenix but heard Tucson is nice (but might be too hot). I am fine with big cities if they have good parks and easy access to getting outdoors (i.e. Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, etc.), but really don't care much for Chicago or NYC.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

non run day..yoga at lunch.

QOTD:  Citiies...no city for me!

DD:  Bautiful flowers...roses or Azalea?

It's pollen season....a perfect outline of Jack.  Looks like he may of been running in his sleep a bit. 

Image may contain: outdoor

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Had to cut my first post short due to the pager going off.  I hate when people get sick.  Makes me have to actually work .

QOTD: Hawaii.  It's nice but there is no way I'd live there. Won't go into the reasons.  I'd move to the Florida Keys first.

The first picture was definitely Mennonites.  That's pretty much all that live around me and most are quite plain especially the ones across the road.  I think they were having some type of plant sale.  While my neighbors are quite considerate of others, apparently some of the others from their church  are not so much.  Couldn't quite believe that they would park in the mailbox like that.

Yes, that is an Azalea bush. My MIL planted it there back in the early to mid 90s and it has really thrived. Lately a lot of our bushes have been dying off so I'm kind of afraid of trimming it because we've trimmed some stuff and it's then died.

Dhuff - I had/have several quite bad discs in my lumbar area.  Back in '05 I was totally laid up from the middle of March until early May and almost lost my ability to walk.  Took a root sleeve block to get me back on my feet and had intermittent problems for years. Still have some neuropathy in my left leg and foot drop.  It keeps getting better but I always know it's there just waiting to rear it's ugly head.

FWIW, when my discs are causing problems I never have back pain. It's always somewhere in my hip and/or down my leg.  If I pull a muscle in my back and have back pain, that can lead to the disc(s) slipping out of place again.

dhuffman63

Trails

DD1 that's probably the best description of why mine "slipped"...hitting the deer, it was huge, probably caused it and then I continued to not do much of anything about it until I was fed up with the pain.  It's always just been my lower back never down my leg or anywhere else.  I'm sure all the times I've come off the horses and getting older hasn't helped.  I'm just glad that it's never been so bad that I've considered surgery.  My mom has had several and they've done nothing for her.  I'm glad Jamie's seems to be helping him.

XtremeTaper

6 miles last night with the Lady out at Warwick Park. She was not sure she wanted to cross French Creek last night. It was slightly high, but she managed. An angler gave us approval for the crossing. I try to be polite most of the time so I asked him if we'd bother his fishing. He was still at it when we looped back 40 minutes later. Easy dog with a faster mile to finish things up.

Grey and cool today. Mowed the yard at lunch and will take the Lady over to the lake trails this evening.

QOTD: Like many, no big cities here. Not a big fan of the plains either, but honestly I haven't been there much. Seems to be a lot of reports of cold, wind, heat, tornadoes, pestilence, flood, you name it. I am sure it's fake news though.

Queenie - Cool pic! The Lady is always running in her sleep. I get kicked often at night.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

My travelog photos continue......   hope you’re not too bored.

Some new wildlife friends I met on my Mumbai morning run today:

The hogs were up on the ridge, the pigeons were near the lake and the dogs were in the park.

There are thousands of lazy dogs laying around here.  They are all quite lazy and calm.  By the way, still didn't see any crocodiles in the lake yet.

I should add, it may look quite serine in the photos, but looks can be deceiving, it's because I get up and run really early before the local folks get up for the day and the traffic gets really heavy.  It's easier to navigate that way (a "pro tip" when running and traveling in Asia.).

tbd.

LB2

Had to get rolling by 5:30 this morning to get my youngest daughter and wife to catch the bus to Houston for the BETA club field trip and drop my other daughter off at her school before driving about 50 miles from there to my job. I was 10 minutes late, but I'll leave 10 minutes early to make up for it. HaHa!! I was going to run after work, but it is storming here. I went to the store on my lunch break to get cash to pay for my portion of the cake for my boss' retirement party. I needed to get cash back at the register, so I bought some beer. He is on leave until his official retirement date at the end of September. Hopefully, it will not be raining in the morning and I can get back on track.

QOTD: I could not live in a large city other than Denver, Colorado. There is something about Denver that I just love. I'm a rural guy, so I could handle anywhere that is rural as long as there are some trees.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - bacon, bacon, bacon!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!