Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I ran 4 before sunrise.

QOTD: Have you run into any creepy things in the woods lately?

Last week, I was running down a country road, pretty much deserted. It reminds me of that new race course in PA, except no tunnels. Anyway, I ran past this guy's truck; he was deer hunting. Apparently, he could see the road from his stand. I ran on by, and about a mile later, I see that truck barreling down the road in my direction. He stopped; I took an earbud out and he just starts cursing and freaking out. He said he thought he was dreaming and saw someone running down the GD road. I told him his dream had come true; I was running down the road. Then, he took off and went back to his deer stand. I guess he thought I messed up his hunt, but if you are dumb enough to put your stand that close to a public road, don't blame me for messing up your hunt, especially when you get off the stand, drive down the road, drive back, walk back to the stand, etc. He never accused me of messing up his hunt, and he never cursed me. He was just sort of crazy.

Yesterday, in the same area, I ran across this creepy guy who is the constable for that ward. This dude makes the guys on Deliverance look sophisticated. He is virtually toothless, illiterate, and an all around outlaw. He has been caught on video stealing deer stands from people's property; it has been rumored that he has shot about 20 deer at night this year. I am pretty sure that is accurate, but he does have a daughter who somehow turned out to be quite attractive. She works for the district attorney. They are rumored to be very close. Anyway, lots of rumors around here. Rumors or not, I know he is a creepy guy. I saw him parked on the side of the road yesterday evening near some guy's hunting lease. We didn't speak, but I get a weird feeling every time I see him. And he is the constable... That is a strange area. Interestingly enough, the creep has a brother who is a normal, rational, and all around good person. I guess every family has a black sheep.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Planning on about 6 miles sometime early this afternoon before I head into work. Planning on doing some intervals. Did some of those on Sunday and at the end I felt really good.

QOTD:  For one to run into something creepy in the woods one would have to be actually running in the woods. Which I have not done in quite a while .  For that matter I haven't even been getting out for any night runs so nothing has been creeping me out there either.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Our break from the Arctic cold was short lived, highs in the single digits today, so it's the treadmill this evening from me 

qotd: nothing for me; LB - I think I'd be running armed in that area

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

qotd: nothing for me; LB - I think I'd be running armed in that area

My wife told me the same thing last night. I just can't seem to find a holster that won't bounce. I have a 44 Special revolver and a 1911 .45. I think the special would be the best option.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

small pack or waist pack?  I don't use a holster for running, just want it decently accessible

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

small pack or waist pack?  I don't use a holster for running, just want it decently accessible

I have a small pack I could use.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Or........  tell the wife she's right and pick up a new little Glock 9 with one of those fancy clips on it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up and loaded the wood bin instead of running because the rain is coming.   May run at lunch and skip the gym...or run on TM and still do gym.  Hmmm...definitely going to run though.

QOTD: Yesterday I saw some little papers on the ground, so when I ran back I picked them up.  It's not creepy but there was a velvet box and one of the papers had a coin in it all wrapped up.  I think some kid in the hood stole his grammas coin collection and dropped this one.  The other slips of paper had notes that named coins from other countries.

AT:  Those sound like normal Louisiana folks!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

17.9 miles on the horseshoe Trail yesterday.  I have the trail had about an inch of snow and the other half is just a plain old fun mud.

QOTD I haven't had anything creepy happen lately, I did see a pair of panties hanging from a tree the other day.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.6ish last night under the stars.  There is something so serene about a clear night.

QOTD: I am with DD.  I haven't been in the woods too much this year.  But there are plenty of creepy people just walking around the neighborhoods.  Not sure how long ago it was, I saw a woman walking in the hood, it was about 9:30 or 10 at night.  She was by herself, no dog, etc.  Not a big deal really except she came to the intersection and rounded each part of the 4-way intersection and then made her way onto a different street from where she came.  I then saw her stand by the telephone pole and it appeared she was talking to it.  Now I didn't stop to verify that to be the case but I was sure she was talking and I saw no evidence of a phone. The first time I saw this, I thought she was lost.  But after seeing her several times, she is not.  Just weird.  Maybe OCD in her routine though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 or 6 after work today.  I need to bring my glasses in to the shop for a minor repair so I'll leave work early for that. Just need to replace the 'fishing line' that they use for part of the frame. Note, glasses don't do so well when you step on them...  oooops.

qotd: nothing too creepy lately.  Yesterday when I was running on a dirt path along a bayou I did come up quietly on a couple walking their dog off leash.  The dog spooked and spun around growled pretty menacingly because I surprised it.  I just said something like "oh come on" to the dog and it started wagging it's tail, so it ended well.  The couple walking up ahead were very apologetic.   Again...  not too creepy.

LB - I hope that you are wearing bright orange out there.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

I guess every family has a black sheep.

Hey, being the black sheep of the family has served me well. 

Well so much for being a compliant patient. Couldn't stand it any longer so I ran yesterday.  It would be considered baby steps but it was a 4 mile effort with some walks mixed in at a slow pace. Very careful with the stride and pushoff but I think I came thru it unscathed so more of the same tomorrow. I see my doc next week and I'm thinking I won't be telling him.

LB--Yeah, if I ran around citizens like that I would want to carry but those handguns seem like they would be way too cumbersome to tote along. I bought myself a Glock 27 in .40 for Christmas. Very light and compact with enough ummph to do the job. Just pulled out my 1911 and put the two side by side and the Glock is half the size and a third the weight. Have a small range at my cabin and have been shooting it some every time up and it has been performing beyond my hopes. Gonna be giving my daughter and son in law my little Ruger 9mm that I used to occasionally carry while running in wolfie habitat.

QOTD--No cool experiences. Life is pretty mundane doing the elliptical in the man cave.

NHLA

6.5 miles to town and back.

qotd  I ran across people haveing sex two different times in the woods.

I was running in a 5k in Asheville NC. The race started early so no one had been on the course. There was a dead girl hanging from a tree in the park. Several runners took her down but she was gone. They don't know what happened.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- glad to hear you're back to running; sounds like your doc maybe not so much    here's hoping it goes well!

note to self: guns or grouse to get NH to post 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Soliciting for advice on snowshoes usually works, too. 

Late to the party today since I didn't know about running as I was busy buying a car, then DMV. Now heading out the door to meet up with the beer running group. Probably 5 miles.

note to self: guns or grouse to get NH to post 

qotd: Like most of you, nothing good lately, which I find highly disappointing. Though I should have run down by the national zoo this afternoon where a 25 lb bobcat was loose by the outdoor bird exhibits.  They caught her.