Trailer Trash

Fridaily The Thirteenth (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Getting ready for another fun filled day at work. I am hoping for a few miles in the dark after I get home tonight.

qotd: When you run any night do you find yourself running  anywhere near your daytime speeds?

I am slow anyway....but I find d my night runs are much slower. Will this get better with time?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I'm working with running clients this morning, so I'll have a mix of things. Some track work with the slow folks and some trail miles with the others. It's not very fun.

QOTD: With all things being equal, I lose about 20-30 seconds per mile in the dark.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good Morning trailers.  Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

I took yesterday off due to family stuff last evening.  Looking forward to some miles around the neighborhood tonight.

QOTD:  yep....I'm a little slower at night...probably 30 seconds per mile or so.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Wonderful weather, and I'll be heading out soon. Gotta grab the opportunity when it comes knocking on my door!

moonlight: Have fun at work, and a great run later!

lace: Interesting part of the job... Have fun anyway!

QOTD: I don't really monitor my pace at all, so I am not sure. I just take the overall time, door-to-door. On gravel roads and pavement, I'm about the same speed as in the daylight. On our technical trails, I notice that I might be slower on the downhills, not on the uphills or flats. But I'm slow at any given time, so I guess how much you slow down at night also depends on what your daylight pace is. Wink

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Still healing up here from last weekend's race. Everything feels great with the exception of what I think are my extensor tendons based on internet doctoring. Still some swelling down there and some pain but heck I am not training right now. I think I will be fine for some dog walking this weekend.

QOTD: Definitely slower by some degree. It depends on the terrain I suppose. The only times I can recall running normal pace at night was a road relay race where I pretty much knocked out normal tempo pace for 7-9 mile road sections. There is something pretty fun about chasing down red blinkies down the road at night. Roadkill. Yum.

Couch - Enjoy the mild weather.

Lace - Running with clients. Ha. What ever happened to golfing with clients?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

good morning!  rest day for me.  I got in very late (early) due to weather-delayed flights and am running a trail half marathon tomorrow am.  (VHTRC women's trail HM).  My mileage hasn't been where it needs to be, so it might not be pretty, but I'm sure I'll have fun.

On the less fun, urban side of things, there have been two incidents in the past week on a trail that I run fairly regularly.  Two women have been attacked-- thankfully, both got away each time and an arrest was made.  However, it's unclear whether it was the same person both times.  I always felt safe on the trail and it is well trafficked (at least the paved sections).  crap.

qotd:  I tend to go faster, but at night, I'm on roads not trails (see above).

DigDug2

6.8 on rail trail/real trail this a.m.  Cooler weather coming through, making me a happier runner.

runtraildc:  good luck on the race!

qotd:  I've never run in the "real" dark - early mornings with the headlamp and some pre-dawn light, I run pretty much the same pace, I think.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trashers,

SRD for me, right quad has a little twinge and my legs feel kinda beat so this

rest day is well deserved.

Good luck to our weekend racers; mtwarden on his 50K and runtraildc on her HM, have

fun out there.

XT: Golfing is just a venue for fat guys to brag to each other about their latest investments, no

offense though.

QOTD: My night running has been on roads, but I really like the change in perspective with running

in the dark and don't pay much attention to pace.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today, heading to Big Sky after work for the Rut Run- weather is calling for mid 60's highs w/ chance of thunderstorms- could be interesting Smile

qotd: definitely slower in the dark, even w/ two lamps the lighting is just not the same as daylight- a couple of trips on rocks/roots/etc is all it takes to insure the pace is slowed a little Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and will run at lunch today.  Depending on just how hot it is I may even stay in on the TM (uuuuugh, but I did bring the iPod just in case).  We're supposed to get up to 97 today, I think I just may have reached my hot weather limit for this summer.

Hey DigDug2, I got your PM.  Very cool.

qotd: I know that I go slower in the dark, but it FEELS like I'm going faster and that's all that matters.  Wink

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Lace - Running with clients. Ha. What ever happened to golfing with clients?

Yeah...I'm coaching a bunch of people and I have to schedule the personal sessions whenever I'm in town, so they all end up stacked back to back until I burn through them all.

5 really nice cool trail miles this morning.  I woke up with sore muscles and generally feeling blah.  Marley nagged/guilted me in to getting out for a run,  I was glad she did since it was cool and pleasant with a light rain falling.  So much nicer than the last few sticky mornings.

QOTD: Yes slower, but how much depends on the terrain.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I slept right through my darn alarm clock this morning & missed my run.  I'm hoping that the 30% chance of rain today will give us some wet & cool weather for running this evening after work rather than the 91 degrees we had yesterday evening.

QOTD:  I haven't run at night since last winter.  In the summer, I run in the mornings to avoid the high temperatures, and I think I am faster in the morning than I am in the evening.  So, I couldn't say if this is a daylight/dark thing or if it's a morning/evening thing.

muppy

Plan on 5 or so after work on the rail trail.

Ran last night around 9:00 and there were toads everywhere on the sidewalk, in one mile I bet I saw 30 of them (and lucky I didn't step on any), was weird!

Good luck runtraildc and mt warden and anyone else racing this weekend!

QOTD I run slower at night, but morning dark runs are on roads and usually about the pace I want.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today, heading to Chincoteague for the weekend, so some flat miles coming up.

Pics from the Catoctin Trail run I did yesterday.  Nice rocks.

Neat bridge on feeder trail from Catoctin Furnace.

And The Furnace - From 1700's.

QOTD:  Yes, and technicality makes a difference.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!