Trailer Trash

Withering Weekender (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Oh boy is it hot here. Maybe even close to LA-TX heat and humidity .  Ugh, got in just under 5 yesterday morning and another 4 ish this morning with the coffee shop group. We started an hour earlier and still only a few of us showed. It was a run out and a slog back. Even my friends who rarely slow down were taking it easy.

qotd: What's a hobby you'd like to take up, but probably won't?  Beekeeping and/or Chickens. Both really interest me and I like the end products, but I think I just need to find friends to chicken sit for (which I did for a week last year). Bees are more hands off, but I need to wait until we have more space.

Withering winds here for the past week, with extreme fire danger warning. Fortunately it seems to be done now. Going to volunteer at a trail race today in the Marin Headlands (San Francisco 50/50).  Will see if I have time to run or hike a few miles there. 

QOTD: climbing. I’m fairly small and agile and don’t mind heights, so I think I might like it. But, it would require a bunch of new gear, time, upper body strength, and a learning curve. So I don’t think it’ll happen.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Oh boy is it hot here. Maybe even close to LA-TX heat and humidity 

runtrail, welcome to the suckfest!!!  Down here it was especially sucky this morning. 81° and humid at 4:30am.  I did 20 miles. I avoided the areas thick with horse flies, but managed to still get bit by a few.

qotd:  I really don't know.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

low 40's and cloudy for us this morning   hiking north of town with DW and Tiny Elvis- 7 miles and ~ 1600' in the first three miles, pretty good climb

qotd: Good question; I've considered mountaineering and am seriously thinking about giving it a go to do something like Mt Ranier- things like Everest, etc that require oxygen, ladders and other crazy gear I'll pass on.  If I do it, it will be with a guide (or someone I trust) to start out with.  I've also considered archery hunting as it would open an entire new season for me, but haven't made that commitment yet either.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jack and I hiked 4 miles, then I ran 6...which Ed included a couple of stair climbs.  

qotd:  Thinking backpacking is my next thing.   But something I like to take up and probably won't is painting..art not buildings.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mostly walking my 4.5 miles in 90 degree heat and sun.

qotd:  I've tried taking up guitar and drawing at various times, but dropped them.  I could always try one or the other again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

The alarm went off early, but the forecast was right, crazy lighting and pouring down rain. Turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, we lost power for a while while I was sleeping. Got up 5 hours later, guess I really needed the sleep. The front that went thru did cool things a bit, got up and did 13 miles.  I had 20 in the plan, but I’ll make up the miles this week sometime.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning- beautiful day, mid 40's and sunny Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

For quite a few years, I only hunted deer with a bow, and I was pretty successful with it. I eventually lost interest when I started running longer distances and barely deer hunted at all for about 8 years or so. Then, I started back with the rifle a few years ago. Bowhunting is a lot of fun; I think it would be even more fun out West. I think you should definitely do it.

qotd: Good question; I've considered mountaineering and am seriously thinking about giving it a go to do something like Mt Ranier- things like Everest, etc that require oxygen, ladders and other crazy gear I'll pass on.  If I do it, it will be with a guide (or someone I trust) to start out with.  I've also considered archery hunting as it would open an entire new season for me, but haven't made that commitment yet either.

LB2

JerriLAdams

I hate summer. I was originally looking for essay examples online, but I couldn't locate any trustworthy resources. Eventually, I came across https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/mental-health/ There are many excellent instances of mental health on this page. This website can assist you in effortlessly finishing your essay.