Trailer Trash

For Anyone That doesn't win every single race (Read 322 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Here are the results from the quad.

http://www.run100s.com/results/qd12.htm

Can you imagine missing it by one minute!!! The cutoff was 4:00 for half way.  3 of them came in at 4:01.  Ugh. 

Made a link out of the URL.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was at the end of my first 50k (BluesCruise 2011) and started chatting with another runner.  I think I may have said something about getting ready for my first 50 miler.  His comment was "oh I've done a few but I am not in 50 mile shape right now".  It really made me think and feel like I was not ready for my 50 miler.  Hmmm....but I actually had a decent first 50k.  Interesting how words can shape your perspective on things.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I was at the end of my first 50k (BluesCruise 2011) and started chatting with another runner.  I think I may have said something about getting ready for my first 50 miler.  His comment was "oh I've done a few but I am not in 50 mile shape right now".  It really made me think and feel like I was not ready for my 50 miler.  Hmmm....but I actually had a decent first 50k.  Interesting how words can shape your perspective on things.

I think it's interesting how we let other peoples words shape our perspective on things. 

Trail Monster

Ha! Guilty! My first marathon I had a HORRIBLE day. Around 18 miles a guy pulled up alongside me and asked how I was doing. I started balling like a baby and said, AWFUL! He ran away quite fast! I did finish though.... In 5:49.

Also, on the cutoff note... I did course sweep at Burning River from mile 40-60. I was with an old guy for awhile who missed a cutoff and he was super cool about it. I high fived him and congratulated him on giving it his all. The next runner I swept was exactly the opposite. He started swearing at me and threatening me and even tried to get behind me. I had to explain to him that I couldn't get ahead of him and enter the aid station before him and then he got even more surly. I had to stop and give him a 10-15 minute buffer because I was actually afraid! he was still at the mile 60 AS when I got there and he lit into me again! I had to hide in the bathroom until he left! 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop