Trailer Trash

Not too late for the weekender! (Read 9 times)

Great day on the trails yesterday.  I joined a women's trail work day at Muir Woods and cleared trails for 3 hours.  Then ran 9.5 hilly miles on Muir Woods trails after that (see below).  I have't been to Muir Woods for years since it's sort of a hassle (crowded, impossible to park, steep entry fee), but parking and entry were free because I was in the trail work crew.  And, we were welcome to stick around and enjoy the park after volunteering.  So I did!  Very few people actually wander beyond the park floor (sort of like Yosemite) so the upper trails were pretty open.  Ran 4 easy miles this morning.  Beautiful sunny weekend, although temps are a little lower than normal.

QOTD: What did you get up to this weekend?

See above.  Today, I'll do some chores around the house and yard.  Maybe listen to some baseball.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby sounds like a worthwhile endeavor and with a few perks to boot! 

4 miles yesterday w/ TE, 7 miles today.  DW is on the local ski hill—it'll be the last day of the season; considering the ski hill didn't open to January (it opened early November the year before!) she still got a lot of skiing in.  She's having more fun as her skill set is improving and opening up new runs.  I'm cooking my "famous" sheep stew; should be ready when she gets home.

The Elkhorns not quite visible, hopefully they are getting snow!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 on Fri, SRD on Sat, and 10 this morning. Warming up here, we may not get too many more mornings in the 50s.  Yuk.

Gatsby, do you listen to the A’s. The Astros are in a dogfight with them for the proverbial worse start to the season.  Nice job on the trail work (with perks).

qotd: Just boring chores and stuff.

tbd.

LB2

Covered about 3 miles of river bottom this morning at daylight. I killed a bunch of mosquitoes and no turkeys. Tomorrow is a new day. I get to go to the spot I wanted to go on Saturday, but someone else was there who has priority on the property.

QOTD: I hunted Saturday. No luck. I took my cousin on his place this morning. No luck. And in an unusual stroke of luck, my friend found a hen turkey that was killed by a car. He grabbed up the wings, and I made each of us a new turkey call. This is the second dead hen I have gotten my hands on in the last two weeks, both hit by cars. I don't like that they are dead, but it may mean that there are more turkeys than there used to be. Then again, it definitely means there are now two less than there were... Anyway, there is, in my opinion, nothing better to use for a turkey call than the wingbone of a hen turkey. The tone is absolute perfection if you know how to use it.

LB2

Gatsby, do you listen to the A’s. The Astros are in a dogfight with them for the proverbial worse start to the season.  Nice job on the trail work (with perks).

It would be hard to surpass the pathos of the Oakland A's these days, but kudos to Houston for trying!  The A's are a lame duck in Oakland, having decided to jump ship for Las Vegas and alienating their fans and the entire Bay Area in the process.  But, they won't have a stadium in Vegas for three more years and they turned down an extension on the Oakland coliseum.  So, no one will watch them play in Oakland this season and they'll be playing in a farm league stadium in Sacramento from 2025 through 2028 with a grand capacity of 14,000.    Good move, A's management!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

It would be hard to surpass the pathos of the Oakland A's these days, but kudos to Houston for trying!  

Ha!!! At least from a won-loss standpoint the Astros are giving a run at it!!!  Yeah I did read about the lame-duck and future plans for the A’s.

tbd.