Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 34 times)

I'm so tired today! Went to a fashion week party with Oiselle last night in NYC and hopped on a 5:30 AM bus straight back to work in Philly. There is not enough coffee in Pennsylvania for today.

I'm taking a rest day.

20 miles in the woods tomorrow! Gotta get some good sleep tonight Smile

QOTD: Sure, I'm a sucker for pointless reality shows.

NorthernHarrier

Back home from a great mountain bike session. Awesome weather here and even better coming up this weekend. Grouse season opens so that's a big deal in NorthernHarrier's little world. Wink  But there is still too much foliage and too warm for serious bird hunting but it's always good to get out in the wilds with my pup.

Mandy--great you got out running but...LOL.  Where/what venue?

QOTD--No.  Sounds about on the same level as watching paint dry.Sleepy

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Missed yesterday's run...After a rough day at work a few beers seemed more important than a few miles so the beers won the day.

Working late this evening.  Looks like some night time miles around the neighborhood are in the cards.

QOTD: I don't think that trail running could stand on it's own as a reality show...it needs a twist.  If you could work aliens or ghosts or sharks into it somehow then I might tune in.  Trail running in search of bigfoot?  If there was legit coverage of an ultra I would watch it.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy--great you got out running but...LOL.  Where/what venue?

Scheidegger Forest?  It's just a small park with a super short loop.  Never been, figured I'd check it out cause it was 93 degrees and wasn't planning on being out for long.  Not worth going, and not just because of the BJ.  LOL.

Running is dumb.

Chnaiur

Doing 5 calm miles later today.

QOTD: NO! :-) I find TV very boring and stressful at the same time. The noise of it just penetrates my consciousness in a disruptive way. On top of that I despise the behavior that reality shows drives in attendants.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Ultra Cowboy

Battling back to some running on a semi regular schedule.  Didn't sign up for the Ultra group training for a December race.  After this Weekend I will be out of Pocket for 2 Full Weeks and 3 weekends.

Coming back from my Monday run I saw a red fox hunting in the creek by the driveway.  Got a run in last night for 4 miles on the creekside  Greenway path.  Planning for 4-6 on trails tonight.  6-7 on Trails on tap for Sunday Morning.

Damn, I don't remember it being this hard...

QOTD:

I've never not  been disappointed with reality shows that revolve around my sports of choice.  I wouldn't watch a running reality show...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Snowdenrun

Another 5.5 mile run on the trails yesterday. Planning on something again today.

QOTD: No, no and no. I've never enjoyed reality shows, mainly because they are so staged and fake. Last summer the company I work for was featured in an episode of Coast Guard Alaska. I was really glad when I found out it was shot over my vacation and I was no where around. I'm not really a huge fan of being in the spotlight. Coincidentally, I was on front and center of yesterdays newspaper.

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 or 6 after work today.  It'll be in the mid-90s I guess.

qotd:  Well if they were going to make a reality TV show about ultra running, it would have to be really "hard core", you know, like the BJ scene described by Mandy.

I guess in the meantime we’ll have to settle for these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAeHysSVMUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDV1j0SZMZI

tbd.

Watoni

Ran 5.5 on local trails after riding with my youngest to school. Actually came across a horse on the horse only trail near the house, so went a different way. Nerve in my left foot still acting up, and taping it makes it worse. Still, it was a great run. Set a PR on the trail that goes by our friend's house, surprisingly.

QOTD: I have never watched reality tv. I have watched Unbreakable lots of times

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9.5 miles through two storms, but it was a fun run. Thought it was only 8 miles, didn't feel that long. Maybe that's because I was running in my road shoes (I had planned on a different route on gentler trails, but a traffic jam prevented that, so I just set out on the tech trails, despite wearing the "wrong" shoes - no problem).

Came across a Jack-in-the-Pulpit plant with fruits

and saw a Pileated Woodpecker.

Sandy, spectacular videos!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Crawled out of bed early this morning so I could get a jump on the hot humid weather. I was planning on running a marathon course that is marked for a race this weekend. I normally run the half portion but I'm not very familiar with the trails on the full version so I was going to take this opportunity to check them out when they're flagged. The first 9 miles went pretty good as I have been on most of those trails. At that point I was eating an average of 5 spiders per mile Shocked. Then I got onto a new trail that I've never been on. Mostly used by horses. Went about 3/4 of a mile without seeing flags so I backtracked to the last intersection. No other trails were flagged so I went back the way I had been going. Probably went almost three miles without seeing a flag. Considering the way the rest of the course was marked I'm wondering if someone took them down. During this time I managed to roll my bad ankle not once, but twice. After the 2nd time I couldn't run.

The flags started to appear just before a turn onto a new trail. This was the one that I wanted to find. If I ever run it again it will be during the race. Just a nasty boulder field up over the mountain, although going down the other side the trail turned out to be pretty nice. I probably had to walk about 5 miles until my ankle recovered enough to lightly jog the nice sections. Then I rolled the damn thing twice again. After that I just walked until I got to a grassy road. And the spider count was up to about 8-10 a mile, Angry  and those were just the ones that I was getting in the face. And yes I think I ate a few.  I didn't go quite as far as I wanted to because of the ankle but did get in 23.5 miles and have a few new trails that I will run in the future.

QOTD: If it was put together kind of like the Deadliest Catch or Ice Road Truckers, I'd probably try to find the time to watch if. But if it was like most reality shows, probably not.

moonlightrunner

just finished a little 3ish mile run with The Pointer. it was after a gruelling 12 hour day at work and a 40 minute commute home. It was  a slow and dark run...but enjoyable. Best part of the whole day.

qotd: no. First of all, I gave up cable this summer and don't intend to get it back. And if I did have it I would not watch a reality show.  I might make an exception if formites were on the show though!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k