Trailer Trash

Still Snow Covered Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

Marley and I had another great 4 mile trail run in the snow.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Beautiful photo, TT!

I'm planning on running at least 8.2 miles today so I can hit 100 miles for the month.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm headed to Puerto Vallarta currently sitting on plane in denver.   No run planed today but will be drinking.

Mandy you kicked my ass this month!  Hoping I do way better in March!

QOTD:  Do you consider yourself high energy or low energy.   I am low energy...I have no problem sitting around relaxing and actually have to pep talk myself into getting chores done.  Could explain my running style too.

TT:  Nice picture.  Looks like a fat tire rode through there before you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

QOTD:  That is hard to answer.  I think I can be either depending on the situation, but I guess I'd say high energy if I have to pick.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Looks like a fat tire rode through there before you.

Yep, one definitely did.  Given that the snow is a few days old I am surprised it wasn't more tracked up.  At times there was a well broken trail, but at times we were the first. tracks.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

I  only did 4 of my planned 12 this morning. My feet got cold, it's still below zero her with just enough wind for a serious wind chill.

QOTD: a little of both, Depends on my mood.

runtraildc

Just under 6 with the running group.  It was slow going a lot of the time due to ice.  It is supposed to get to 60* this week and hopefully that will fix this.  I saw some early blooming spring flowers yesterday on a bank with southern exposure and no snow.  It was a nice reminder that in a few months I can switch things up and complain about the heat and humidity.

Queen- nice plans

qotd:  High energy mostly.  I've mellowed somewhat as I've aged, but still on that side of the spectrum.

some call me Tim

14 on the shredmill today, and it was just one of those runs where you have to psych yourself up the whole time. Nothing to do with the mill; it took me a good hour just to warm up.

qotd: mostly low, but I tend get inspired and then dump huge amounts of energy into specific things

Daydreamer1

Nice picture TT. It makes me want to drive up to the mountain just so I can run on the snow, but alas that won't be happening. We have tickets to a fish, oyster and shrimp fry this afternoon. It's put on by one of the volunteer fire departments in the area and only runs from 3-7 pm. Wish it was a little later so I could get in a good run before going. As it is I'm looking at doing a quick 6 miles on the road.

QOTD: I'd like to say medium energy, which is what I used to be. Recently it's very difficult to get myself kicked into gear. I used to always have some project I was either doing or planning for. Now I have a lot of projects on the radar but never get around to starting them so I guess I'm low energy.

We have tickets to a fish, oyster and shrimp fry this afternoon. It's put on by one of the volunteer fire departments in the area and only runs from 3-7 pm. 

Well, if you can't run in the snow today, that is a pretty good consolation prize Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to head out for 14 miles, I think it's as warm as it's going to get

I'm going to try (for the fourth time) to bag Casey Peak tomorrow on snowshoes, weather doesn't look all that great, but sometimes they are wrong

qotd: I'm going to answer medium as well, not really low energy, not really high energy- more like Goldilocks 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

After reading traildc's entry about the 60 degrees, I quickly checked the weather forecast for my area, being really excited about the coming spring. Blech, still freezing, and more snow, around 3 inches. 

SRD today.

TT: Wonderful picture. Looks like my "ice valley", always a great run if you can keep your feet warm.

Is it just me, or do you also find it difficult to run on such a narrow path as the tire tracks in the picture if the "walls" are about a foot high?

Mandy: Showoff! 

Queen: Do they get a lot of snow in Puerto Vallarta this time of year?? 

Gator: I know the feeling... that's when I wish I had Goretex shoes!

traildc: Sounds nice, with the flowers. The sun is nice and strong already, it's just all that arctic air!

darg: shredmill - love that word!   I still prefer the outside, but it's an accurate description.

DD1: Both the fish fry and the run sound good. Might be a bit difficult to run after the dinner, though...

warden: Are you back yet? Hello??   Maybe the weather forecast is right this time... 

QOTD: Probably a bit more on the high energy side, but not hyper.

Run for fun.

TT: Wonderful picture. Looks like my "ice valley", always a great run if you can keep your feet warm.

Is it just me, or do you also find it difficult to run on such a narrow path as the tire tracks in the picture if the "walls" are about a foot high?

Yeah if it is a foot high and like that it sucks.  If the majority of the trails are like that I sometimes wear snowshoes and run next to the track.  Otherwise I try to make it wider as I run.  After a few days of that it is much better.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

hog4life

I woke up early, the sun was shining and it was 52 degrees. I hit the road for 5 miles and did the middle 3 around an 8:30 pace. I really need to start running more and quit making so many excuses. I finished February with 87 miles, which is very low for me, except when I'm injured. Hopefully March will be better.

High energy for me, but not hyper.

LB2

8 plus today. I just needed to get my monthly mileage finished in this short month.

QOTD: I am high energy when I am focused on a race. Other than that, I am pretty laid back. I am not focused on anything right now.

LB2