Trailer Trash

Echo Wednsday (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Where is everyone?  Having fun I bet out on the trails or scaling rocks lol.

Just a few days left before Possum.  I'm hoping to meet Sandy and his DD there. The temps dropped to 86 quite the cooling trend...lol.

I talked to Bert last night for a while...what a nice person he is.

More rain is scheduled for later today and we've had quite enough already.  It'll take a lot of gravel to repair the road I live on and my driveway.  Come July we'll be praying for rain.  My stock tank and the pond out back are full.

qotd: what one item would you love to see at an AS during a hot race?  My friend thinks there will be blue Gatorade slushies.  Never had one so would be interesting.

AT-runner

Tim

No time at lunch today, so probably taking a TURD.

I talked to Bert last night for a while...what a nice person he is. 

Yes, he is, and his lovely wife is even nicer. 

dhuff - Good luck this weekend.  If you hear a bunch of cussing, it's probably Sandy's DD.    If you've seen her in the documentary "All the Wild Horses", then you'd understand.  (JK, Sandy. My oldest DD can cuss with the best of them. Makes a father proud.)

QOTD:  Pickles and perogies.  My 2 favorite AS food, and see them a lot at PA races.  Perogies are little past pockets stuffed with mashed potatoes (carb = carb).  Pickles are touted as the perfect race food with electrolytes.  First time I had one at a race, I became a believer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Tim you've not heard me...I spent 4 years in the Army, rode some wild horses (pinky toe can attest to what happens when a 1000 lb animal steps on your foot) and worked with guys most of my life.  I can string together an impressive number of cuss words together, lol.  Can't wait to meet Sandy and his DD.

Tried pickles, sometimes they work and other times they make me puke.  One major problem I have is once I get hot I have a hard time eating anything.  Working on resolving that issue as it could be a factor in both the 24 Hour and the 100k.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 rainy (almost snow) miles on the trails for Tiny Elvis and I yesterday

4-5 miles this evening

for anyone wanting to follow along on the Bob Marshall Open, my inReach tracking is

https://share.garmin.com/MikeMoore2

we’ll (DW and Tiny E) head up Friday night and camp and toe the the line at 8:00 AM Saturday. Right now flows look good (not too high), but weather and snow on the ground- not so good.  The milder flows (we’ll still need to swim the Middle Fork of the Flathead in all likelihood) will allow us to take a slightly shorter route

qotd: I agree pickles are good; also ice- lukewarm drinks don’t cut it in the heat

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 6 this morning....I might need to find some retired folks to run with as we met at 6 am.  Jk It’s nice having a reason to get out if bed.  It’s cold here...since everyone is ok with cussing...what the fuck it’s the end if May and I wore gloves and a knit hat!!

qotd:  Hit weather the blue gatorade slushy sounds out of this world.  At my 100 miler ( for Jamie) they had soupy mash potatoes with broth, that went down pretty good.

Addhev:  Thanks for your comments yesterday.  Getting back into skiing sounds like a good idea.  I’d buy my ski pass now if the house wasn’t for sale.

Warden: ummm swimming on a river in Montana right now sounds dangerous and extremely uncomfortable!  Can’t believe the Bob is so close.

Sandy and duffman:  Good luck this weekend.  And Sandy you need to wear that belt buckle!

Tim: They had peorgies at Mt Lakes... I didn’t eat because I had no idea what they were and felt like they would get stuck in my throat.  Maybe they will be at Wy’East Wonder.  It’s getting close.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

4 miles last night with the Lady at Coventry Woods. Real slog of a run but it was a nice pleasant evening so there was that. Not sure of run plans today. I have several errands to run at lunch and the lawn needs mowing this evening.

QOTD: Hot day AS treat... popsicles of course! I've had them during the Boston marathon and BullRunRun 50 miler on hot days. Notes from Bull Run Run.

* Popsicles at aid stations when it's nearly 80 degrees!!!

* Dudes who pass me on the trail while I'm eating my popsicle. Grrr!

* Me passing the popsicle passing dudes on a nice uphill section. I mutter "I think I'll try to run this hill to the top as I go by them".

Good luck to all our racers this weekend!!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Almost 6 this morning....I might need to find some retired folks to run with as we met at 6 am.  Jk It’s nice having a reason to get out if bed.  It’s cold here...since everyone is ok with cussing...what the fuck it’s the end if May and I wore gloves and a knit hat!!

Tim: They had peorgies at Mt Lakes... I didn’t eat because I had no idea what they were and felt like they would get stuck in my throat.  Maybe they will be at Wy’East Wonder.  It’s getting close.

I've been looking at weather for the race area, and it's been 38° overnight and 56° during the day.  Might need that hat and gloves in Oregon.

We had perogies for dinner last night.  I never had them before we lived in PA, but love them.

DD#1 is not going to make it back to Oregon for the race, so no crew for us. Not that we need one, it's only 50 miles (  also for Jamie).  We extended our stay in Hood river until Monday 6/17.  We fly back on the 18th.

For those who missed it, we picked a race in Oregon to go see out daughter.  She changed jobs and her new company has training in Tysons Corner, VA for 3 weeks, including the week that we're are going out west.   Oh well. at least we'll see her in VA several times and see her fiance in Oregon.  Plus I'll get to drive my old Subaru (her car) when we're there and can skip the rental car.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Are your friends still coming?  We had 2 people drop out of our rental if you want to stay with us.

Hmm maybe you’ll come rafting sfter all.

I've been looking at weather for the race area, and it's been 38° overnight and 56° during the day.  Might need that hat and gloves in Oregon.

We had perogies for dinner last night.  I never had them before we lived in PA, but love them.

DD#1 is not going to make it back to Oregon for the race, so no crew for us. Not that we need one, it's only 50 miles (  also for Jamie).  We extended our stay in Hood river until Monday 6/17.  We fly back on the 18th.

For those who missed it, we picked a race in Oregon to go see out daughter.  She changed jobs and her new company has training in Tysons Corner, VA for 3 weeks, including the week that we're are going out west.   Oh well. at least we'll see her in VA several times and see her fiance in Oregon.  Plus I'll get to drive my old Subaru (her car) when we're there and can skip the rental car.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will get out for a run tonight I hope -  likely 2 miles.

Thanks for the love Queen and AT ( back at ya!)

Don't let Bert fool you.   I'm kidding of course.  He and his DW are good peeps.

QOTD: While I don't want to be reminded of hot runs, I do like the popsicles.  I really like cold wet rags that are handed out but they only seem to last a mile or less.  Ice is nice.  Slushies sound divine.  I remember a race that had a truck at the end that did smoothies for runners.  That was really good.

Have a good hump day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

@Sue- definitely not looking forward to that crossing, but with the flows lower than normal it’s worth a go, saves several hours over other routes. the river breaks into two channels there, so that will help too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Haha!  You peeps are too funny.   Planning on another trail run after work.  Last night was so pleasant, and the low humidity was a real treat - only 25% relative humidity!

dhuffman - Yes, it was an absolute pleasure speaking with you yesterday.  And it's always good to put a voice to what we read on these forums.

warden - I bookmarked that link.  I second what Sue said.  Packing an inflatable duckie shouldn't add too much weight. 

AT - Looking forward to your race.... this will be the first "big one" in quite a while, right?  Your training so far this year looks really good.

Sue - You'll wish for these days when it's 90 degrees out.  And I hope you can get back into skiing.  Do you qualify for a senior discount on the pass?  (of course, you don't need to answer that!)

XT - Depending on the yard work, it can be a pretty good workout.

Dr. J - Glad to see you back out there running!

QOTD:  Normally I'd say an ice cold beer, but I suppose that's the wrong answer for me.  So I'll just stick with ice.  There were perogies at the Stone Mill 50 and I never passed them up.  They were soooooo delicious especially late in the race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Looking forward to your race.... this will be the first "big one" in quite a while, right?  Your training so far this year looks really good.

Yes, first "big race" since our 48 hour race.

I've had 2 "Adventure Runs" since and a DNF in October at a 50k (when my foot looked like I was elephant man after I pissed off some bees).  I'd like to do another 48hr event, as I learned so much and think I can add to my running distance PR.  DW wants to stick to the 24 hr races.  Otherwise, I enjoy the adventure stuff much more.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yes, first "big race" since our 48 hour race.

I've had 2 "Adventure Runs" since and a DNF in October at a 50k (when my foot looked like I was elephant man after I pissed off some bees).  I'd like to do another 48hr event, as I learned so much and think I can add to my running distance PR.  DW wants to stick to the 24 hr races.  Otherwise, I enjoy the adventure stuff much more.

If you find a 48 hour event, I'd definitely would want to join you.  Of course, it will add to the competition!  Hopefully there'd be one that would be both a 24 and 48 hour for your DW.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I do at the movie theater..ok I lie but those kids are so young I look a 100 years old to them.  My friend is 69, everyone he gets close to the senior pass they move it up.  Right now it’s 72 years old.

Can’t you drink a new beer  just kidding what’s the point.

Haha!  You peeps are too funny.   Planning on another trail run after work.  Last night was so pleasant, and the low humidity was a real treat - only 25% relative humidity!

dhuffman - Yes, it was an absolute pleasure speaking with you yesterday.  And it's always good to put a voice to what we read on these forums.

warden - I bookmarked that link.  I second what Sue said.  Packing an inflatable duckie shouldn't add too much weight. 

Sue - You'll wish for these days when it's 90 degrees out.  And I hope you can get back into skiing.  Do you qualify for a senior discount on the pass?  (of course, you don't need to answer that!)

XT - Depending on the yard work, it can be a pretty good workout.

Dr. J - Glad to see you back out there running!

QOTD:  Normally I'd say an ice cold beer, but I suppose that's the wrong answer for me.  So I'll just stick with ice.  There were perogies at the Stone Mill 50 and I never passed them up.  They were soooooo delicious especially late in the race.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

JUst left REI...I have 372.68 miles on my Solmans and they already have holes in them ...REI gave me a refund ..  I’ve been wearing that shoe for a few years and it always gets holes there but this time it pissed me off.  Going to try Homs again for awhile...work gave me a generous gift card to the LRS.