Trailer Trash

Frustrated Friday (Read 27 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

This is definitely a first world problem but I'm so frustrated right now.  I have runs scheduled on my training plan...45-60 min tonight; 14 to 18 miles Sat and 6 to 10 on Sunday.  Normally no big deal...BUT I want to make some brownies to take to the vet office given how much she's helped out with all my animals this year so will need to make them tonight and take them Sat (they are open 9-12).  I have a massage at 11 on Sat which is on the way so that works (interrupts the long run).  Then Sat I want to make a batch to take to DD on Sunday when I bring their presents.  It's a 1 1/2 drive each way and typically spend a few hours playing with DGD. (interrupts the 6-10).  At this point since Christmas is once a year I'll do what training I can and just suck it up since family means more. I'm not an elite so a few missed runs aren't going to kill me. They are supposed to help with the stress not cause it...lol.

qotd: So what's on your plate this weekend before Christmas?  Stressors?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! I ran last night and it didn't suck.  Off for most of the last three weeks.  I was a little surprised my legs still work.  Just 3 at the gym on the TM.

dhuff - family is always a good priority over running or similar activities.  Enjoy the time!

QOTD: Some last minute shopping - just minor stuff as I have been primarily done for a while.  DD has basketball games x2. I hope to get in a decent run.  Overall it should actually be a low key weekend for once.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning trailers. I did not run yesterday as I said I would, but have a run planned with a friend at lunchtime today so it should happen. I did do my strengthwork, at which I am starting to see some results. My upper body is so weak. And since I quit yoga to train for that marathon, my core and back lost strength, too. My favorite online yoga instructor is doing a January challenge, so might do that to get me back on track.

qotd: I have peanut blossoms (kisses) dough in the refrigerator, just waiting to be made. Might make some other cookies as well, but no big stressors (or first world, for that matter, either) this weekend. We don't do much shopping, and since we're leaving town, no decorating either.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Planning an easy run this afternoon, distance dependent on residual fatigue from yesterday's run and how cold and windy it is.

qotd:  Sunday looks like the warmer day so I'll probably do my long run then.  Christmas is Wednesday, my normal interval or tempo run day, so I'll either shift that or skip it since I'll be traveling to my granddaughter's for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Driving home Christmas evening.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

No run yesterday. Ended my streak at a nice even 100 days going back to Sept 9. The streak sort of just happened after getting Baker right before Labor Day. I wanted to get him in shape so at least a few miles every day. Nearly kept the streak going last night after getting back from a trip to the corporate office for a work thing but liked ending on a round number so when I took the dogs out we just walked.

Usual routine this morning with the dogs. Nippy out there, but no wind at least. I guess temps in the teens. 1 mile walk, 1 mile jog. I will run some more later today, but just a few miles.

QOTD: A one thousand mile drive down I-95 to my folks house in Florida.

DHuffman - Don't stress the missed runs over the holidays.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Congrats on your streak, XT.  Smile

Diane, since JohnM is no longer with us, I'll be the one to remind everyone that runners need more rest.  Skip the runs and enjoy the baking!

I ran a little on the treadmill last night.  Probably just a walk today.

QOTD:  I'm going to a friend's house for a dinner party tomorrow night.  Climbing outside with my lady group on Sunday because the weather is supposed to be warm(ish)!  I need to get in a bike ride on Saturday and squeeze in some cut out cookies at some point too.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Off work today, but still got up and ran 7 mi. 

Signs flashed on the local highway warning signs this morning:

“Baby Yoda uses a car seat, be safe he will.”
                “Skywalker is Rising-So is safe driving”

“Use the force! And your Blinker!”

dhuff - brownies vs running? No contest, gimmie those brownies!!!

DrJ - glad the run went well.

runtrail - I can relate to needing to do some core stuff all the time or my back gets messed up.

wc - have a good run later.

XT - nice streak!!!

MM - nice run, even if it was on a tm. 

qotd: we’re all going to see Star Wars tomorrow. Plus we have to do Stocking Stuffer shopping.  Then some running.

tbd.

LB2

I am working from home today. I am working, shut up!! Actually, I did get a good jump on the inventory list already this morning. I haven't run yet, and I may not. I have 999.7 logged miles for the year, and my adjusted goal was 1000. I will run later, probably.

QOTD: I am planning to go hunting in the morning, but we have some weather coming in. It may have to wait until Sunday morning. I have some meat in the freezer, so I am just hunting one particular deer at this point. Anyway, we do have some last minute Christmas shopping to do Saturday afternoon. We are not going to stress out this year. This has been a very calm season this year for the most part.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a tough 5 mile hill workout in w/ Tiny E yesterday

packing up now for a backcountry ski in the Elkhorns; just a day trip, still no overnighter as they are calling for 30-40 mph winds- that kind of takes the fun of winter backpacking Sad

qotd: DW is going to pickup her Mom up tomorrow in Missoula, she'll spend Christmas w/ us- after Christmas we'll bring her back and spend a couple of days w/ DD and family- will be pretty low stress this holiday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

MT have you ever done Missoula?  That's one I think I'd like to do someday.  If nothing else at least the Half.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

MT have you ever done Missoula?  That's one I think I'd like to do someday.  If nothing else at least the Half.

I have not, but then again I've never done a road marathon Smile  I can tell you that folks that I know that have done it, thought it was really nice!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran up the Fe4n Canyon trail about 5.5 mikes.

Later at the visitor center a Mother and daughter come in.

Daughter-So how serious is the threat of Mountain Lions on that trail.

Me-Well they are out there but nothing to worry about.  I use that trail all the time and have not seen one.

Mom-Well there’s footprints all over the trail!

Me-Oh those are dog prints.

Mom-The sign says no dogs.

Me- ummm yesss wellll uhhhh there’s a local who rubs it with his dogs and I saw him this morning with them .

Qotd:  Stress free here.  We are going to do a little brunch for the 2 maintenance girls that have to work 4 hours on Christmas.

Gatsby:  I Am also thinking if a fall 100 but want it to be a WS qualifier...so Superior, Woodstock, or Mt Lakes.  I need to committed soon.  Any interest in any of them?  Would be nice to do it with someone and Rae Lakes would be a good training run.

Duffman:  Gatsby ran Missoula.

Lb:  H@cking sucks.

jamie:  Usually the first run I do after a break is easy....the second one sucks!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Busy place here today!

I bought one of those massage guns for my daughter and son in law for Christmas. Then I found out she had already purchased one. Soooo...now I have a massage gun I could keep...and I love it!  It did more for my cranky IT band than any pt did...I should give it to my son and daughter-in-law...but I dont want to.

Qotd: I have some shopping left to do. I plan on going for a hike. My 4 mile trek on Wednesday was not a problem for my knee...so think I can get a good hike in. And I want to swim, wrap presents and do some housework.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Easy 3.6 miles with uphill strides today.

DHuff, yes I did the Missoula Marathon.  I enjoyed it.  It's a road race, mostly flat with one hill in the middle.  It was a really hot year and and it was great that people were out along the course spraying water from their hoses and offering ice and cold drinks.  I was not going very fast, having done Beaverhead the day before and driving all night from Salmon, ID, but even for the back of the pack there was still good support.  The first half of the course was sort of boring so if you do the half, hopefully the route is the second half.  I wish I'd spent more time there to see more of the town.

DHuff 2: family is always the priority when it comes to workouts for me.  Can sometimes accommodate both if I get up super early.

Queen, BUSTED on the dog prints on the no-dog trail.    I'm hoping that Miwok will be my qualifier next year, but I know I should have a back-up plan since it's a hard race...  coach may be good but he's not a miracle worker...  Of those races you listed, probably not Superior or Mountain Lakes, lotteries are too soon.  Woodstock is possible -- like last year, I know people who will be there and they'll have a tent and crew.  And no need to decide right away about it.  Rio del Lago in November is sort of a last resort qualifier.   Don't love the race but it's close and I'll know people there.  I'm eyeing this one in AZ in Sept but it's not a qualifier: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=73891 All of which is to say, I'll probably do a 100 in the fall but still undecided on which one.  If I need a qualifier, most likely would be (1) Woodstock or (2) RDL.

Moonlight, lol on massage gun.  Sounds like an oxymoron.

QOTD: volunteering at a trail race tomorrow, picking up DH at the airport on Sunday night, watching football, picking up a last gift or two  Some running in there too.

ALSO: Last call for contributions for Bert-o's REI gift card!  If you are planning on sending me something but haven't gotten around to sending it, could you let me know?  He'll get a nice surprise for new year's!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks for talking me down from the ledge...I got lucky...they let us out early so I was able to feed the horses, dogs, take out the garbage, vacuum, do 45 min, and make the brownies.

Sat massage at 11, then DD asked if we could come Christmas Day instead of Sun so I can do my long run then.  And best of all they decided to give us Christmas eve off so I can make the brownies for her then. Today I'll just do my short run after the massage.

Thanks Gatsby for the info...I knew you'd done Missoula and hopefully you'll get my check soon.