Trailer Trash

It's the Mondaily (Read 31 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  a little rest after yesterday's race and some strength training later in the evening

qotd: FOP, MOP or BOP?- I'm definitely back of the pack, but am slowly inching my way to mid-pack Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

good morning!  it was a 'rest weekend' for me, ended up with no running but a lot of cross training.   A strong front is moving thru here,  so I'm not sure what the plan is for today, pending thunderstorms and a tornado watch.  It is supposed to ease up later afternoon, so younger DS and I hope to get out for a short run after work

qotd:  strong middle of the packer here.

It rained before our 5 mile run and was sticky enough that I wished for rain to cool me off.  Of course the hoped for rain fell as soon as we were back to the car Smile

QOTD: I pretty much run with a pack these days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

In the middle of a thunderstorm. It is so dark outside that I doubt the sun has risen yet. Wink

Rest day after the weekend's OC100, but I might go out for a short shuffle later. Just up and down the lane in front of my house, to get those legs going again.

I did not get any blisters on my feet from the race, but from driving home in my sandals! Surprised  Never heard of anything like that. Time for some new sandals, I guess.

QOTD: BOP to MOP - I'm an inchworm, too!

Enjoy the start into a new week, everyone!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I went for a short, easy run this morning. I twisted my ankle pretty bad over the weekend so I'm going easy on it until it's better.

QOTD: Depends on a variety of circumstances.

DigDug2

Recovering from yesterday's marathon, walking a little funny but had a good sleep last night.  So no running for me today.  Will get a RR up today or tomorrow.

QOTD:  FOMOP (or BOFOP).

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  Cool front coming through right now, so tomorrow might switch to long run instead of the planned tempo.

QOTD:  I used to place around 25% mark (back of FOP), but now that I'm older and heavier it's usually right around the 50% mark. Making me a solid MOP'er.  The more technical, the better I do, since I train the majority of the time on rocks and hills. (If it was a flat road race I'd probably be DFL.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Not sure exactly what I'll do today (except a bunch of chemistry homework) since It's supposed to rain. I don't really feel like running in the rain today so I may just go on the elliptical for a short workout and do some cross training.  I finally finished my first Ultra yesterday, The Blues Cruise 50k and the legs feel in pretty good shape.

FTYC: Congratulations on finishing Oil Creek. The miserable weather will get you ready for the Eastern States 100 in August.

QOTD: Last year I was toward the front of the MOP. This year I'm pretty much in the BOP. Very frustrating.

NorthernHarrier

Did a trail half in the Porkies on Saturday. The course was a quagmire but at least the rain stopped long enough to get the run in but between the topography and the mud...whew.  I came away feeling great and very optimistic for my running future. Felt strong and smooth the whole way, not very fast but everything else is great. No holding back now.

QOTD- In the old days I was FOP in shorter road events (top 5%), as an ultra runner more of a MOP, and as an old guy I'm lucky to get to the start line. Smile

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today. Got my new pair of 1400's on Saturday so looking

forward to breaking those suckers in tomorrow morning.

digdug: we assume you finished, must've been wet/slippery conditions

out there.

QOTD: depends on the race, I've been in FOP on a trail 10k, a few AG

wins in 5k's, but the longer stuff I'm a solid MOP to BOP. The goal for

road running was always; "behind the Kenyans, ahead of the walkers."

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Today I will head out for a 7 to 8 miler. It is nice and cool. Should he a great day for a run. Last night I was in the ER til 0200 with DD. Postpartum complications...thankfully they did not have to admit her. I slept til 0800!

What a slug!

I don't know what to do. I am behind in training

for a DEC 7 marathon.  I would just like to DO IT especially reading about all of the accomplishments of all u on the forum. There are no other winter marathons.... I mean marathons with real winter weather. I guess I'll see how my long run hike goes on Friday.

Congrats FTYC!

qotd: definatluy BOP....I doubt it will ever be any different unless I am running with a pack of hundred year olds.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing for me today.  I was on the trails for a few hours over the weekend.  I am not sore just a bit sleep deprived.  So sleeping in (well 7am is sleeping in for me) was necessary.

QOTD: I have been BOP.  I am usually MOP (it's a rather large group).  I have even been FMOP.  But I have never been FOP (not even in my dreams).

Have a blessed day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Wandering Wally

4 miles on Saturday and then 12 miles yesterday.  Resting today.  It started raining here on Thursday and is still raining.  It was a soggy weekend.

QOTD - I am my own pack.  Sometimes I bubble up to around the middle, sometimes towards the back.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Uh oh... now what?

Morning camera-run (for the dew-ladden spider webs at sunrise) was ruined by the

intermittent horizontal rain; just went to the bluff and back. Will try [still doing the

DODAR bit] to run this afternoon.

QOTD:
                              FOP--done
                              Lost while in third overall--done
                              MOP--done
                              BOP--done with several repeats to get it right.
                              DFL--done
                              DNF--done--the last was a lesson finally learned.
                              Last year at Le Grizz I was totally happy with finishing at the 2/3rds

in front of me and the rest of the field in pursuit... slow-speed pursuit.

AT-runner

Tim

I finally finished my first Ultra yesterday, The Blues Cruise 50k and the legs feel in pretty good shape.

Congratulations, Dd1.   We will make a note that you are no longer an ultra virgin. Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!