Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 36 times)

Marley and I got out early before it had a chance to get too hot.  We did a pleasant 5 miles.

QOTD: Pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Going out for 6 after work. It's going to be hot :/ So ready for fall!

QOTD: Any goals for 2014 yet? My tentative goal is to run another 50 in the spring, maybe the North Face 50 at Bear Mountain. I grew up right near Bear Mountain so I feel a certain pull to that race. I don't see a 100 in 2014 yet, but perhaps 2015...

DigDug2

6.5 this morning in a drizzle.  Saw my son off for his first day of high school.

QOTD:  too early for me yet.  Thinking about doing an early spring 50k to keep me motivated through the winter - maybe Traprock in CT, which I did the 17k version of this year and liked the trails.

Occasional Runner

I had a nice 7 mile trail run this morning. It's HOT and HUMID in Wisconsin this week.

QOTD: Nolans 14

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

7.5 miles in the dark, saw another runner w/ a headlamp- that's the first one I've seen yet!

qotd: I'm going to run a couple of the same races again next year and have new time goals; this spring I'm hoping we can get the same group together for another long fun run- maybe the Grand Canyon again????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Enjoying a day off work today.

Got all three kids up and ready, with their lunchboxes packed, for the school bus at 6:55. Just the bus did not come. I checked the schedule again and found that it had been changed just two days ago - now it leaves at 7:35. Bummer, but at least it was a good training run.

So I saw them off at 7:35, then went back to do chores.

Planning on a nice run in a little bit.

TT: Nice morning run! Glad to see you guys up and running again.

T&C: Have a fun heat run later! Nothing beats a few good hot miles.

DD2: Nice when the kids are out of the house again for a new school year - I hope your DS will have a good start at HS!

lace: Good morning miles. Meanwhile, you must be used to all kinds of weather and altitudes!

warden: You just jumped in! Must have been another ultra runner in the dark, who else would be out that early with a headlamp??

I saw a runner with a hydration vest recently on one of my early morning runs, something I don't see too often around here - either a newbie, someone trying out new equipment, or someone obsessed by distance, but I was quite surprised to see someone at all!

QOTD: I'm signed up for the Eastern States 100, that will be my goal race. Nothing else planned, but I will use other races for motivation and training.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today. Will run about an hour this evening on the trails with the gsp. Maybe drag the old springer along as well. Just a nice 3 mile walk/hike last night. We went up to the Monocacy Hill viewpoint which is a nice steep climb followed by a brief section of boulder/rock hopping. A young girl was on top of the hill with her parents and she wanted to pet my leashless beasts. So the dogs got a pet or two while I took in the view.

QOTD: 2014... wait there are still 4 months left in 2013? I have no idea. The big goal still looms for this year but it's getting closer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

6.5 hill loop in the rain this morning. I saw all the young folks waiting for the bus in

the rain, some were waiting in cars with mommy and daddy.

DD: Congrats on the 21 miles the other day.

TT: Hope mom is doing better.

QOTD: I have a few general goals, I want to have at least one vacation-type race with DW

somewhere with hills. This flat-lander crap is making me weak.

muppy

Plan on a few easy miles tonight

QOTD I'm thinking about the Dirty German 50K  in spring, but that's a long time from now.

DigDug2

DD: Congrats on the 21 miles the other day

Thanks, Jon.  I'm training for Nipmuck in October - you ran that last year, right?  Any tips?

dpc3

Morning folks hope all is well with everyone. URD but with a bunch of walking today (i.e., walking the dogs, walking to and from bus stop, walking to the bank at lunch, you get the idea).

QOTD: Spring / Summer 50 miler and potentially Javelina Oct '14

Occasional Runner

QOTD: Spring / Summer 50 miler and potentially Javelina Oct '14

This is how you tell me that I need a new pacer for 2014? Heartless...

sugnim

Morning all.  Rest day for me today.

QOTD:  My goal is to keep running while our son is an infant and to get him outside as often as possible.

dpc3

This is how you tell me that I need a new pacer for 2014? Heartless...

Man you're quick I was looking for a nice beer bouquet to send you, I thought that was the most appropriate way but I kept getting sent to

1-800-flowers

Occasional Runner

Man you're quick I was looking for a nice beer bouquet to send you, I thought that was the most appropriate way but I kept getting sent to

1-800-flowers

Only beer can sooth a pain like this.