Trailer Trash

the Mondaily (Read 12 times)

runtraildc

Good morning trailers. Chowder and I got in just under 5 miles yesterday on my neighborhood creek trail (paved). I took some diversions in order to add more hills, so at times it was slow going. Today is TBD.

qotd: Any good reading or streaming? I know this is a question asked frequently, but the answers change frequently. Like much of america, I binged 'Inventing Anna'. Interesting, and only towards the end did it falter, IMO. Reading, well, I have a couple of books waiting for me in reserve at the library so I'll answer that next time...

Sandy-2

I ended up riding the bike yesterday.  It was a better leg workout than walking, but my ribs still hurt a bit after I think because some bumping and leaning forward. I know it’s only been a week but I hate this. . . .

qotd: we’re watching Young Wallander, it’s a prequel of the Wallander series. I just haven’t had time to read much lately.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a little snowshoe trip in Friday, hit the trails with TE Saturday and Sunday.

Frigid here today, 0 with 15 mph winds yielding a -20F windchill   heading to the gym to hit the dreadmill- yippee!

qotd: starting watching Game of Thrones on HBO a bit back, after waiting patiently for Martin to complete his promised last two novels which never happened; I'm just starting into where the books left off- so it's all new to me.  Have to say the series is pretty good, not as good as the novels, but pretty good. We're also rewatching the Soprano's after watching them 20 years ago- also pretty damn good!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Running rest day so I went for a walk in a local park.  Off of work for President's Day, yay.  Mostly chores on tap for the rest of the day, boo.

QOTD:  I just finished reading a true crime book about the Golden State Killer, "I'll Be Gone In the Dark" by Michelle McNamara.  I'm familiar with a lot of the places where that sicko committed his crimes and it freaked me out a bit, definitely not the kind of thing one should read when alone in the house at night.  Not sure I'd recommend the book unless true crime is your thing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR