Trailer Trash

PM to mtwarden (and other Pearl Izumi wearers) (Read 34 times)

Birdwell

What are the trail shoes you love so much?

Are they the EM Trail N2?

I'm ready to try something different.

Thanks!

ceezy

Love the N2s, on my 2nd pair.  The N1s are nice as well.  N2s have a bit more cush.

Love the forefoot, the upper, and the drop is great for me. Really smooth to run in.  Not the most aggressive outsole but they can handle most anything I take them on.  Think they are a great shoe.

runningwarehouse.com also has a sale on them right now.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I wear the N1 but I don't do ultras yet, max is 17M mountain run.  I'm going to do a 50K in October (Deadhorse) and thinking about the N2s for it.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

really loved the fit and ride of the N1s but the outsole does not stand up to rock well, wore down to smooth in ~300 miles.  Great shoe for dirt though.

Watoni

Trail N2s and N1s. I got about 275 miles out of the N1s with mixed road trail. N2s are really nice as well and might be ultra material. Of course, N1s already are if you are Tim Olson (before he switched to North Face) Smile

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yup EM Trail N2's, currently ordering my fifth pair.  very roomy toe box (this is what nixes me out of most shoes), but still pretty snug in the mid foot and heel; the drop is just right for me- not too low, not too high ~ 4mm; enough cushion to take a beating in the rocks, but still pretty lightweight

I'm getting ~ 500 miles out of mine and that's with a lot of rock and abrasive gravel- I'm using them for running, but also for hiking and backpacking

it's worth trying a pair out imo, size up 1/2 size from street shoes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Brian Runner

I wore a pair of N 1's for the Call of the Wilds Mountain Marathon. No complaints.