Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 11 times)

LB2

Ran 2.5 this morning. I may be out of commission on the weightlifting for a couple or weeks. I think I strained a muscle in my forearm picking up a box for my in-laws and putting it over their gate.

QOTD: You ever have any weird injuries?

Almost all of my injuries are weird. I have come out of at least 2 incidents unscathed that should have killed or paralyzed me. Yet, I tear a muscle picking up a box that weighed between 10 and 15 pounds and jam my SI joint to the point that I can hardly do anything by turning around in a chair...

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-2 right now which might be our high, windchill-16- so debating a short hike or the dreadmill- leaning bundling up and hiking as I’ll definitely be on the dreadmill Friday- Monday (-30’s for lows ),

qotd: I thought I had a stress fracture in my heel some years ago, had to limp to get around.  A couple of years later I had the same pain, turned out to be PF. With the right diagnosis and rehab I was up and it much more quickly.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Pretty much lost my running mojo this week, but some sunshine today was nice. I took Baker out for 4 miles at Coventry Woods. I suspected the lake trails would be a mess from the snowmelt and all the rain we had the other day. The trails at Coventry Woods seem to drain well in wet conditions. A few wet spots, some washout but not bad. Lots of tree, branch detritus scattered about from the wind.

QOTD: Weird injuries. Oh that screams winter/spring of 2008 while training for my first 100. Fell down a flight of stairs on my back deck, banged up knee/hip but worst was a huge gash on my left hand that needed stiches. There is still a 1-1.5" scar. Then toward the end of the Hat50k I tripped and fell and impaled myself on the only rock on the course. Had to go the ER after the race (after a few beers of course) to get my abdomen stitched. My buddy suggested they just pull my appendix while they were at it. I wasn't sure I was going to survive that training cycle but I did.

LB2 -  Sorry about the aches. I was golfing down in FL and the combination of my piriformis and who knows what else through my lower back into a tizzy. it was sore for a few days. Piece of advice. Don't tell someone that you have a sore back from golfing in sunny mild warm FL. It does not garner much sympathy. Ha.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well so much for the leaning towards a hike   4 miles on the dreadmill

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning, it was warm, about 70°. we went up to the upper 70s this afternoon. Sorry mt !!!

I forgot to mention on Tuesday, I did another yoga class. This one was really a bunch of slow stretch holds, which was nice and really what I needed. My running seems to be smoother after my two yoga classes. But then again it could be in my head. 

qotd: I had a crazy back spasm a week before Leadville, it was killing me but since I paid the entry and hotel/ car deposits I have it a go - I did make it 50 miles but it wasn’t fun.  Then there’s the time I collided with a dog while bicycle training, flew over the handlebars and broke my shoulder when I landed in a heap on the road. Fun times.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

I hit a very large deer a week before my first 50k and wasn't aware I had messed up my SI joint.  The last 5 miles were extremely painful and I crawled across the finish line but I did it.  That injury bugged me for over a year. Finally had a steroid shot in that joint that seems to have fixed it.