Trailer Trash

Friday!! (Read 10 times)

runtraildc

Happy Friday folks. My running mojo was off this week. Tuesday's all day rain (3 inches) seemed to set the motivation. Managed a 3 mile dog walk at dusk Wednesday, followed by 4 miles late yesterday. Chowder and I tagged along with DH, who was going kiting on the Chesapeake. We got in a faster than usual run in Quiet Waters park, just on the edge of Annapolis. This park is usually packed, but on a weekday in winter, it was pretty nice to have the trails mostly to ourselves. It was paved, but considering the mud and ponds that are covering most trails around here now, it was a good choice.

Sandy-- sounds like you had a yin style yoga class. Good for fascia release.

yesterday's qotd: I jumped from a dock onto an old barge, and the barge gave way underneath me (I landed on an old trap door that I couldn't see because it was dark). Luckily I managed to catch myself with my arms so I didn't fall completely into the hull. Managed some pretty bad cuts on my leg, which had to be stitched up.

today's qotd: Weekend plans?  Hmm, still figuring that out. We have more rain coming our way tonight. Flood watches everywhere. DH has a 4 day weekend, so we'll see what the weather allows us. Some running,

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Shoveled snow for an hour in this; the windchill was a balmy -45 degrees 

I’ll go to the nice warm gym later- strength train and hit the dreadmill

qotd: we’re housebound probably until Monday-Tuesday; watch some playoff games and a few movies likely

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Rest day today, but I went to the gym and did core/back stuff and then hot-cold pool intervals.

runtrail: yes it was a yin style yoga class. We belong to Lifetime Fitness and they have all sorts of different yoga classes. They also have core and strength classes that I might try at some point.

mt: man that’s freaking cold!!!

qotd: This is a cutback week, so planned runs are 15 and 13. Low temps are gonna be in the 38° range so it should be great. Other than that we have no plans, but maybe going to dinner one of the nights.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Our temps aren't quite as bad as MT but we do have a winter advisory as the wind chill could get to -20. Going into dialysis on Sat and then Tues will suck.  I need to live near Sandy.

XtremeTaper

I do not feel very healthy today. Not sure what happened other than jogging some hills yesterday but woke up very sore around the right calf. Not sure if it's nerve pain or muscular. That is the same side with piriformis syndrome. Did not run today. Instead we just took the dogs out for a walk at the trail at lunch. It's a real mess out there from the storm earlier this week (washout, trees, mud, etc) and there is another storm tonight. Dead critters too. Baker found a spine from a deer. Blech. We did see a pair of red tailed hawks and startled a big one in the woods. So that was cool. Birdie is doing so well off leash. I have her with an e-collar and she is starting to comprehend that the "beep beep" is the same thing as me shouting "come Birdie come". She has a pretty fast sprint back too.

QOTD: Friday night. The big plan here is to make tacos, have a few beers, and forge ahead with the last season of the Blacklist (season 10). It's a pretty good show if you've never seen it. First few seasons especially. Tomorrow, see when the rain ends and determine if I want to jog or just hike some trails. Plan to watch the Browns and other NFL playoff games for sure. So cool to have my team in this year. We get Monday off from work but will play that day as it comes. Not a big fan of January holidays.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Arm feels better than it did yesterday, but I had a meeting and didn't want to run in the rain this morning. Meeting went well, but the execution is going to be complete circus despite the lip service I got today. It is a very, very simple process, yet it is a struggle for some. I guess they just procrastinate. I don't know...

QOTD: System was down after work, so I guess I'll try to get on and finish up the last 15 or 20 students I need to enroll. I'll run; I'll drink some Heineken Zero and maybe something with a little more bite than a non-alcoholic beer. We'll see.

LB2