Trailer Trash

Made it Monday!! (Read 14 times)

LB2

I reached my goal this morning by hiking around behind the house. I took advantage of the wind and wet ground to make a little round through the woods to check on a couple of spots. I'll actually go for a run later, probably.

qotd: If you had to forfeit one of your senses, what would it be and why?

I think I would give up my sense of smell. I really need my sight and hearing. I don't really need smell for work, running, or hunting. I don't want to lose it, but it would be the least limiting sense to lose.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run yet, but walked the dogs in the rain this morning. Should have took a pic of them in their rain coats. Need to get in a few miles later at some point. The rain turned to snow about 11am but it stopped a short time ago. Just a coating of slushy snow. It will be a sloppy run today. We are forecast for anywhere from 5-15" from what I've seen on Wednesday. It's going to be challenging week for the streak.

Weekend update: Foggy Saturday. Nearly all day. Did get out for a run in the fog which was interesting. One section of the trail I ran has a rather panoramic view of the countryside, beautiful view of a horse farm and rolling hills. Socked in completely. The fog lifted very briefly late afternoon. It was sort of funny, we went for a walk with the dogs as the fog was rolling out and by the time we were done it was rolling back in. Yesterday was mild for December with temps in the mid 50's. After running Baker went home, picked up the missus and the Lady and we had a big afternoon out... a stop at the Arby's drive through and a nice walk at Coventry Woods where we stumbled upon  the ending stages of a fatass 20m/50k trail race. Saw a few trail running friends out there hanging out around a fire post run. They had run the 20 miler. I used to run a 25 mile solo run on the main route of this race. It loops through the Big Woods area connecting 4 or 5 parks and game lands via the horse shoe trail and short road sections. It's very hilly, rocky, and difficult.

QOTD: Sixth sense?

LB2 - Congrats on your goal. I crushed my mileage goal this year. Now 6 days away from 300 for the streak.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals in a cold rain and occasional snow, total 8 miles

Revealing watching almost the entire field at Desert Solstice seemingly blow up with only 2 men over 150 miles and 1 women over 140.  Apparently everyone decided to shoot for 160+ figuring that would be needed to make the US 24-Hour National Team and it became a race of attrition.

QOTD: Sense of proportion? of propriety?  Maybe sense of humor. Everyone says my puns are awful.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi after work today.  It was about 45 deg, felt colder since it was so damp and my running shoes were still wet from yesterday’s rain.  I need to get another pair to rotate since I’m really down to one pair plus two others that I retired already, I guess I should have un-retired one of those oldies.

qotd: I have no idea, this is too deep for me, I can’t make sense of it.

tbd.