Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

Cut my run short this morning because I had a mini panic attack about paying my insurance. It was really pretty stupid because it isn't due until the 7th, so I ran home and went ahead and set it up for paperless and paid it online. I should have done that a long time ago, but I like a bill to remind me. Anyway, I ran an easy 2.5 mile loop this morning, very slowly. My calves and quads are a little sore.

QOTD: Do you listen to any podcasts on a regular basis? If so, which ones do you listen to?

Yes. I listen to The Meateater Podcast and Joe Rogan on a regular basis.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all, catching up-- ran 7+ Saturday, another 4 hilly miles in Rock Creek on Sunday, and some walking miles in between. Haven't figured out today, but likely to be a combo of running and walking miles.  Today is the last of the cool, beautiful weather here. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s. ugh.

qotd: Not regularly, mostly on long road trips which aren't happening now.

XtremeTaper

Run with Baker last night out at the lake. We did something a bit different, running a couple of very twisty mountain bike sections that branch off the main lake trails. At times Baker and I would be going different directions as the trail snaked through the forest. We managed about 6 miles. Nice cool pleasant evening.

Dog wog this morning, the usual 2 miles. Will take Baker out this evening for 5-6 miles. Might do something easier than the big hills at Coventry Woods. LOL, I used to think that was an easy trail. Oh to be in shape again.

QOTD: No podcasts here.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 5 mile loop with Tiny Elvis yesterday, the clouds rolled in just in time for us; sad when 75 feels hot!

i might hit the gym after work today, they opened up last week, if there are a bunch of cars I’ll pass

qotd: I don’t, but like both those guys- so may have to tune in Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday.  I was contemplating another rest day today but after I looked at the current GVRAT standings, I am now the third "Jamie" whereas I was leading the crew for a while.   What to do, what to do...

Yesterday, we finally got that tree in our backyard taken down.  I think I had talked about it before on here.  The tree removal company wasn't getting back to me to schedule.  In the meantime I got other estimates which were much higher.  So I got a little mean with the first place last week and they scheduled for yesterday.  It was fun watching.  It was a challenging tree - not super high (maybe 50-60 feet) but real spread out and over a powerline, our house, our neighbors tree and fence.  But it's gone...finally.  And my wallet is a lot lighter.  

QOTD: I haven't but DW keeps telling me I should listen to them while I run.  I think I need to find one I like.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Ultra Cowboy

2.6 miles run with a stiff neck.  Pulled it on Sunday morning. The run loosened it up some. Beautiful morning,  About 57 degrees.

QOTD:  Most podcasts I've tried to listen to have so much sponsor content in the first 10 minutes, I turn it off before I get to the meat of the discussion.  The last one I listened to was Western Bowhunter Podcast by South Cox.  South used to live in Humboldt County north of me when he had a cabinet shop.  He measured my first bow buck back in 2005.  He then bought Stalker Stickbow company and soon moved to Colorado.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

Had my usual early Tuesday morning call today. Once it was over I went out for 11 miles. 75 deg and pretty humid, but I actually felt really good today and my pace was a little quicker than 'normal' for me lately.  Since it wasn't so early there were more people out than my usual morning runs.  But we all move over and leave as much space in between as possible so that's good.

By the way, in the GVRAT I'm at mile 350, which is beautiful downtown Chattanooga, TN.

qotd: I don't listen to podcasts or music when I run.

tbd.

Gator eye

Did another 10 this am. Pretty boring slow slog. I took a flat route this am to give my calf muscle a break.  

GVRAT : like Queen my RA numbers and gvrat numbers don’t match. Might not of posted miles one day last month. Or.... virtual me stop at the pub for a cool pint and got lost for some bonus miles. Lol

qotd: I listen to NPR hidden brain, Hobby jogger, Trail runner nation, joe Rogan, and a couple others I can remember right now. Mostly listen while I’m at work.

AT-runner

Tim

Kept the streak alive yesterday but running 3 easy and then today ran 14.5 tough and technical trail miles. Very rocky in sections.  Years ago, John M asked me for some pictures of the PA rocky trials (XT, I think you were in on that too).  Today. I thought of John as I was jumping from rock to rock and laughing like a kid. 

This is the trail.

Had about 1 1/2 miles of this. Slow going but fun.

QOTD:  Have never listened to a podcast. I'll use music for long road / C&O Towpath / Rail Trail  runs. I've thought about Audiobooks, but haven't done that yet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

AT: sounds like a fun time...looks like many potential toe stubs!

Gator: I keep posting my miles...but not checking to see if they properly registered. Unfortunately, I don't use strata consistently because the pace is disappointing...so i run mostly trails i know the distances of.

Sandy: damn...you are good with the miles.

Rocky: that is a lot of podcasts!

Jamie: so sad when trees have to be cut down!

Warden: 75 feels warm to me also

Xt: I remember in shape...seems a long ti.e ago for me.

Runtrail:  90 sounds too hot!

Lb: lol...glad you got it taken care of...thec7th is just around the corner.

I am running 7 with my run buddy tonight. Then I think a late night paddle. I hope to watch daylight leave and stars appear.

Qotd: no podcasts. I don't retain info well if it is in only audio form...and i lose interest as I run.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Lb: lol...glad you got it taken care of...thec7th is just around the corner.

The bill showed up in the mail yesterday afternoon. That is a little too late for me to be confident that it will be there on time.

LB2