Trailer Trash

Thirsty Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Nice 10 miler with some exploring on a "trail" that I found.  Not a very used trail, but did see some MTB tire marks a few times.  Really fun finding a new linking trail. The entrance was pretty hidden and I almost turned around, but as I went 100' in, it became nice single track.

Meeting DS for a drink at a local brewery tonight.  DW is having girls night out to see "Mama Mia" with wine. I'll pass.

Good luck this weekend, Gatsby.

Warden - another vacation. Man, I need a government job.

Sue - sorry about Alaska. CO is a nice option.

QOTD: Pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I think I'll do a few miles this evening. Gonna take it slow and throw in some walking breaks. Gonna be hot around here. I have consulted Dr. Google and I think I have quadriceps tendinitis. It is on the mend but it's still frustrating that all these weird little niggles keep popping up. Hopefully I can come roaring back soon.

AT - new trail sounds nice. Enjoy the brew.

QOTD: do you use and alarm clock? What kind? Most importantly, snoozers?

Me; I have an old school clock radio tuned to the classic rock station, and I think I've warn out the snooze button.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...

QOTD: I have a alarm clock I can set two times.  So I may do one time and than 10 minutes later the second.  I also do the early set to get in a run and than 1.5 hours later to go to work in case I sleep through the run alarm.

QOTD02:  What stupid things do non runners ask you?  "50 miles, do you run the whole time?"

AT:  Very cool on the new linking trail...I get the thrill on finding them.

Gatsby:  Good luck.  Have fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Good run last night. Humidity was down, a light summer breeze by the lake, easy rolling trails for the most part. Played the 7 under 70 game and made it by 15 seconds. I was pretty sure it was a lock, but had to keep moving with some vigor. It was fun, to move along at less than a slog like pace. Now if I could just manage this on my more difficult trail routes, but I will take it. Saw a few other trail runners last night.. 3 to be exact.

Planet of fitness routine today at lunch and run on the local trail or rail trail this evening.

QOTD1: I have one. Walmart Special. Rarely use it since I work at home and have no problem getting up without the alarm.

QOTD2: For hundreds, well do you stop and sleep? I try not to talk running to non-runners.

AT - Funny, you said pass on QOTD and you are passing on Mama Mia. Good call. Beer with son sounds much better.

So_Im_A_runner - Welcome! We need to shorten that one! Good luck at Burning River. Have you done hundreds before? I contemplated that one once, but decided on Mohican for my Ohio 100 miler. I grew up in the area, but have been in PA for eons now. The Cloudsplitter race in KY piqued my interest a few years ago (the course sounded like my cup of tea, hilly, gnarly) but I did not pull the plug.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Tight race...Sandy posted at 11:00, Sue second at 11:02 and XT a very close 11:03!! 

XT:  I like your game idea.  I think I am going to introduce it to the running group to get us moving a bit.

XtremeTaper

Tight race...Sandy posted at 11:00, Sue second at 11:02 and XT a very close 11:03!! 

XT:  I like your game idea.  I think I am going to introduce it to the running group to get us moving a bit.

I have several routes that are about 7 miles. The one I did last night is the easiest. I used to be able to pull off 64 and sometimes less pretty easily, 68 or 69 on a regular day. Now 68 or 69 is a good day. Wait, that sounds dirty. I don't run with a garmin, but a regular old watch, so it's all by feel, though I have 2 or 3 checkpoints along these routes for overall time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

You posted at 11:02 Pacific Daylight Time, Sandy was at 1:00 CDT and XT at 2:03 EDT. 

QOTD:  I have the same clock radio I've had since college.  I usually wake up 2-3 minutes before alarm and then wait for alarm (set to music) and hit snooze once or thrice.

QOTD 2: Question I get all the time is, "aren't you afraid of bears?".   The statement I always hear is " I don't even like to drive that many miles".

Gator eye

6 this morning, ran it on the ashpalt so I could turn off the headlamp and enjoy the stars. They looked bright this morning with no moon to be seen.

QoTD: I use my phone which rarely gets a chance to go off. Insomnia is my friend, at least it thinks were friends. I gave up fighting it long ago

QOTDII: why? How many days does it take? Where do you sleep?

It's very rare that I tell people I run let alone tell them how far.

I hope my secret safe with you guys

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I don't talk running unless they bring it up.  My DH usually tells people.  I wish he wouldn't.

QOTDII: why? How many days does it take? Where do you sleep?

It's very rare that I tell people I run let alone tell them how far.

I hope my secret safe with you guys

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Love it...

QOTD:  I have the same clock radio I've had since college.  I usually wake up 2-3 minutes before alarm and then wait for alarm (set to music) and hit snooze once or thrice.

NorthernHarrier

Ran up at the Porcupine Mts. today. It was only 11 but it was very technical with enough chin scraping vertical to make it an outstanding run. Oh yeah, it's damn pretty in there too. Jumped in the lake with the dogs when I got back for a really nice rinse.

Catching up from the last few days and if I read things right I have some holy craps--

Couch--180 mph on a cycle!

XT--sub 15 5k back in the day!

Daydreamer--38+ miles on a mountain bike!

I average 7.5 mph on my technical mt bike trails and a couple hours of that is enough for me. I'm impressed.

QOTD 1-- yes, a basic electric. Usually wake up before it goes off and never snooze it.

QOTD2--Like others I don't talk running to non-runners and seldom even talk it to other runners. I try to fly under the radar.

Welcome to S I A R!

Gatsby--Have a great race.

Sandy-2

Early bird !!!  That's because I had one less snoozer than normal this morning. 

By the way, welcome So_Im_A_runner !!

qotd 2: I also try to keep things low key as far as running conversations go.  A lot of my co-workers and the international folks I meet with know I run a lot and ask me how it's going and not so many crazy questions anymore.  I do sometimes get the "knee comments".

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I think I could get used to this no work thing 

ran at 6 this morning (instead of 4:30 when working)- a very comfortable 56 degrees, a nice 5-ish miles

arrived at the “cabin” a bit ago, hard to classify this as a cabin- two smart TVs, WiFi and all the amenities. I told DW really nice digs and she says you haven’t seen the credit card bill yet 

Gatsby good luck on the race; from yesterday-NW Montana is where DW grew up (her Mom and brother still live here)- it’s only 8 miles to the British Columbia border, so about north as you can go. Nice mountains and lots and lots of lakes. DD and family will arrive tomorrow.

My plan is to get up early tomorrow for a long run in the Ten Lakes area- lots of grizzlies so bear spray is mandatory. The huckleberries are evidently on, so will do a little scouting for them. Would be nice to go home with a gallon or two. Huckleberries are a western form of blueberry, a little smaller generally, but sweeter.

qotd: my phone is my alarm clock, DW says it’s too loud, but it works Smile

qotd2: I get a lot of “doesn’t it kill your knees”

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD2--Like others I don't talk running to non-runners and seldom even talk it to other runners. I try to fly under the radar.

100% agree.

Unfortunately, I have an office staff that insists on putting up little signs in the waiting room (a room I never see) about races that DW and I have done.  I absolutely hate it!  I'll take them down at lunch, and they put them back up.  I'm sure they do it to annoy me.

On a side note, we have a friend who's done 2 Ironman's, and she must have $1000 worth of clothes. She wears that shit everywhere.  Hats, shirts, jackets, magnets on her car.  I asked her if she runs to impress others or runs for herself.  She honestly said she like to hear that people are impressed by what she's done.  Not for me.

I have a "Trail Runner" magnet on  my truck, but it's for the SP Rangers, so they know who's parked at the trail heads.  They said they like to know who's out there (MTB'ers, hikers, runners, campers), so a bunch of the local runners have them on our vehicles now.   By now, they know my truck, so I probably could take it off, but it is nice to see if other runners are out there when I park.

DS and I had a nice sampling of IPA's and a Vienna Lager which was quite tasty.  He got a new job offer with a bit more pay but less travel, so was pretty stoked.  Now plan to watch replay of le Tour de France while DW drinks wine at Mama Mia.  I win!

GC100k

An hour run this morning after weights.

QOTD: No alarm. I couldn't sleep past 5 AM if you paid me to.

QOTD2: Outside my immediate family, very few know I run. I'm kinda embarrassed about my vice. I've been caught in the act a few times by people at work, but they don't ask me too much about it.