Trailer Trash

Everything's Broken Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

XtremeTaper

Small problems here in the grand scheme of things but things are going kaput like crazy around here. Pool cover is torn badly and though I have tarps over it for now it will need replaced next season. Washer has thrown a bearing and not worth fixing needs replace. Old 2008 Ford Edge needs $4500 of repair to run again. Washer is on it's way today, looks like we go car shopping this weekend (looking for used Explorer) and not dump money into the old car.

I need a song today... some blues... Everything is Broken

Running. Total of 8 miles yesterday in 3 runs (1, 5, 2). Nothing special. No exercise yet today. I went to have my left foot xrayed at the chiro. He thinks I might have a bone spur. Will discuss with him next week. Oh so that's broken too! It does not bother me running just doing certain stretches. Weird. I'll get some miles in today with the dogs before lunch.

QOTD: When it rains it pours. See above. More a thought of the day I suppose.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

XT

I hear ya! For me it is my car. Preliminary diagnostics show a bad Powe Control Module...that they tell me only a dealer can fix. It is no longer safe to drive ( fuel injectors dont work well). And the dealer is going to "work it in". Next available appointment was December 30th. It is a 2006 with 197500 miles...not sure it is worth a big repair. In the meantime...I have to beg and borrow to get anywhere.

Have a nice run with the pups, and I hope the bone spur is ok. At the very least, we know if they reinstitute the draft...you are off the hook and can proceed to billionaire status.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a great snowshoe outing with Tiny Elvis (except we lost his down jacket, but have a new one ordered)- 11 miles and pretty deep snow ~ 12-18"; TE was completely done in yesterday evening when we got home (as was I!) Smile

will get something short in today to stretch the legs and will hit the gym to strength train

qotd: my DMIL always says bad luck runs in threes, that theory has been proven right to me several times 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Aw poor little guy with no coat...I have one short haired dog, Charlie, and I got him a coat one year...he hates it, lol.

Yesterday was a rest day, I really like those.  Two easy runs tonight and Fri then a long run of 15 to 18 miles.

qotd: other than all my medical woes nothing really going on here.  I do have an appt with a podiatrist next week to make sure I don't have any stress fractures as sometimes, not always I get some pain on the top of my feet, and may have a heel spur on the right one.  All part of the whole body check before ramping up to the 50 mile and beyond distance.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I’ll go out for my usually 5 to 6.  Couldn’t sleep in the middle of night so watched a movie and read magazines online...I just went with it since I can sleep in now.  

qotd:  not really my problem but it does boil over to me.....my husband collects cars and they are consuming him.  They are one reason we moved, fear a fire would get them.  He had them in storage in SoCal when a guy tells him this storage is being broken into left and right.  So now l he’s scurrying to get them moved as he has to be North Saturday for a  car deal.  At least I think he’s getting over it all and may sale a few.  

xt:  I thought it said you needed a “strong” song and I didn’t think that song was so strong.  Remember that guy who would post a song of the day and it was always some extreme metal? 

Diane:  we got Earl a puffy jacket and he loves it.  

warden:  what happened did Tiny hang it on a tree and forget it?  Kids!  They lose everything.  He had it on when he was moving.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

warden:  what happened did Tiny hang it on a tree and forget it?  Kids!  They lose everything.  He had it on when he was moving.  

I'm 99% sure I know where he lost it; I lost the trail because of the snow and hit one of the creek crossings at the wrong spot and we had to climb up a steep bank w/ a bunch of blowdown- probably hung up on a branch- didn't notice until a mile or so later and wasn't going back to look

I normally just put it on him when we stop for lunch (or at night camping), but the wind up high was really bitter and figured I better put it on

found a new one online pretty cheap, so all is good Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Missed posting in daily yesterday.  No run at lunch, busy with things. Heading to Estes Park next Tuesday for 5 days with all the kids and their SO's.  DD#1 s flying in from Portland and we all fly out from Baltimore. Hiking, snowshoeing and think kids are boarding one day. DW and I decided not to take skis along so we'll run when they board.

QOTD: Yesterday - like NH, no superstition but yes, Karma.  We, however, did get married on the 6th because DW didn't want to have the 13th as an anniversary date.

Today - drove my Mom for a lumbar epidural injection today. I went so I could suggest a new approach to pain clinic doc, and she was very receptive after we went over the MRI.  I don't like getting involved in family health issues, but felt I needed to speak up. It went well.

Ran 6 1/2 miles on the road after finished with her appointment. Still hunting around here until Saturday, so I'm staying out of the woods until Sunday.

Tiny E is saying, "Fuck this shit, it's not even officially Winter yet!"

XT - man rough day. Buy a Lottery Ticket, luck has to change, right.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny E is saying, "Fuck this shit, it's not even officially Winter yet!"

he's actually saying- "give me some of that fucking p&j sandwich-now!"  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not much running or posting recently.  Finishing up two classes this weekend and then 3 weeks off so I should hopefully get back on the horse.

DD was in a school musical last night.  Poor girl got sick on Tuesday but somehow gutted out two performances yesterday.  She was also in a play at church last Sunday and another coming this Sunday.  The girl is on fire!

XT: Sorry about the car.  That sucks.  What year is it? Or should I say "was" it?

TOTD (Thought of the Day): DS1 phone died a few back.  I took it be diagnosed and it's an internal part that needs replaced.  But Apply would charge close to $400 to fix it.  So it's kinda like XT's car - not quite worth it.  So I got him a new (used) phone.  Sucks that it was so close to Christmas.  Everything else is working...for now.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie - Car is 2008 model. We picked it up certified used in 2010. I was hoping for another 50k miles or 2-3 years (it's 155k now). It was used mostly for local trips the last few years.

Queenie - Brian something from PA. He always pushed that metal. I like me some metal but nothing too xtreme. LOL. That blues song I posted fits my situation the past few weeks. Plus it has some good guitar and harmonica riffs late in the song.

Warden - 3 things... so I am done now hopefully.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Got my tempo run in early this morning then off to work. I sure like this part-time job I have. They've given me my week and a half off the end of Jan for my trip to the keys after only working there 6 weeks. So now I don't have to quit until the end of April.   Should qualify this--I like the job, I just don't want to work anymore. You probably understand.

Been snowing like crazy up at my cabin. Up to about 2' on the ground at Dec. 12th. I installed more cameras this summer so I was just now able to click on one and watch my plow guy cleaning things up. Kinda fun spying.

QOTD--Water softener stopped working the other day and the plumbing firm that we have used several times in the past and had installed it was out of business when we called. DW was able to get a hold of a shop that gave us a code to punch into it and it worked. Pretty happy because plumbers aren't real cheap.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in 7.5 today with about 1.5 miles at tempo pace or faster.

I think I mentioned here that I have a coach now.  So far the interaction has been good.  We seem to think along the same lines and she's being a good check on keeping my recovery easy and also not over racing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.