Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday (Read 35 times)

runtraildc

Morning, Trailers!  Rest day for me, with a strength workout at the gym planned for later.    Not only is it Monday, but back-to-school Monday for our area.  It was getting up early to get them out the door, though DS still missed his bus .  With the change in our schedules, I hope to return to morning running instead of late day.

qotd:  I'm going personal here, but anything new, different or exciting in your lives lately?  (good or bad?)  Well, I've mentioned it here, but we had a fire in our garage a couple of weeks ago.  Destroyed the stuff of all of our hobbies (skis, kitesurfing gear, paddleboards, tools and so forth).  But insurance will help replace some of it, and the building is still partially intact (had it been completely destroyed, we would not be able to rebuild because of code changes).  However much a hassle this is, we consider ourselves pretty lucky this was all.

have a good Monday, folks!

Occasional Runner

5 lazy miles with my dog. I'm messing with some new shoes that I got from a sponsor over the weekend, hoping to figure out what I want to wear for Wasatch in a couple of weeks. I'm in shoe purgatory right now.

QOTD: Not really. I'm working a normal job now, like a normal person, so that's kinda new.

Sandy-2

SRD.

Schools around here also started today.  Just means more traffic in the morning.  This year is the first time we don't have a kid going back-to-school in a long long time.  It's strange.

runtraildc: agree with your last comment.  You are right, stuff can be replaced.

qotd:  I guess our upcoming move to Korea qualifies.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

We'll call it 17 miles yesterday out on the trails of French Creek Park. Just a slow easy wandering long run, about 3:25 in time. No rush, no fuss. A bit under fueled with just one hand held of water and one gel. I did top off the water bottle at Hopewell National Park visitor's center. They even had a water fountain at ground level for the dog. Saw quite a few hikers and such out on the trails and all seemed to be enjoying the mild summer day.

Today, I will shoot for 8-10 miles out on the trail after work.

QOTD: The division of the company I work for is being purchased by a competitor. The transaction closes next year. It's status quo right now, could be some changes in the future I suppose.

Runtrail - the fire sounds scary. Glad it's just the garage and not the house and your family is ok. Things can be replaced.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

SRD. I ran some good, hot miles this weekend.

QOTD: Not really.

LB2

The pooch and I had another great 5 mile trail run this beautiful cool morning.

QOTD: If you consider the last year recent, it would be retirement.  If you are talking the last month or so I am pretty excited over a big heavy cast iron Delta band saw I found on craigslist for a good price.  It came already hot-rodded up with better guide blocks, a 6" riser kit, and a more powerful motor.  This thing is making re-sawing of hardwoods for my musical instrument building so much easier and less wasteful.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

8 on the roads this morning.  Had an OK long run over the weekend - planned to go 4 hours on the trails, starting at 6 pm, thinking that running in the dark would be fun and good practice.  About 8:15, I realized that I was going to either break my ankle or go so slowly as to get no long run benefit - my BD Spot (and maybe my night running skills) just weren't up to the task.  Ended up running the last 1.5 hours on the paved roads that cut through the park.

QOTD:  Nothing dramatic comes to mind.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, bike to work

qotd: we bought a new home a few months ago, love it, but furnishing it has been a bit challenging (and expensive!)- also not overly excited about having a mortgage again (we had our previous home paid off), but c'est la vie Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

School will start tomorrow, and I'll soon be off to get the last few supplies with the boys. Run planned later, just a few trail miles. The mountains look very tempting with some light fog surrounding the tops, and everything else in bright sun.

I am so surprised how fast my recovery from ES100 went - no soreness, just the knees have to heal up, but they're on the mend. I think keeping myself well-fueled, and having enough protein during and after helped a lot.

traildc: I am glad the fire was confined to your garage, and nobody got injured. However, having lost a lot of my stuff with moving from Europe to America on a minimal budget, I know that some things are "irreplaceable" (e.g. I accidentally lost all my pictures from my former life, so I feel like the "woman without a past"). However, it counts what you have in your heart, and memories always stay with you.

I hope the insurance claim goes smoothly.

Kelly: purgatory for the shoes, or for you? Hope you'll find the right pair for Wasatch!

Sandy: Enjoy the rest, and keep moving!   (packing up and sorting through things can be a hassle at times).

Taper: That sounds like some nice runs. Have fun later!

LB2: I guess "hot" really means "hot" out there. I wish it was a bit warmer here, too. Can you send some heat over, please?

TT: New tool, how nice!

DD2: Technical trails in the night are difficult. Have you tried using two lights?

QOTD: Nothing new around here, apart from the constant change that happens with kids. Still the same old job, still the same old place, still the same old husband - oh wait, that's a good thing! 

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

We are currently being pounded by a T-storm. Had that great ozone type smell as it was rolling in. The tough dog in my avatar is hiding in the lower bath between the shower and the toilet. Real tough.   Anyway, probably a rest day here. Maybe a workout with weights and elliptical tonight but it's still supposed to be a brutal day with temps and humidity so I'll probably just rest with the plan of trail intervals early A.M.

runtrail--It can be amazing to see how much you have accumulated when you have to start going thru it all like that. Like I said before I used to work somewhat in that field so be diligent in your inventory. Cover yourself.

On a side note I have a big dead hemlock next to my canoe rack. I have positioned the canoes so that if it happens to fall on them it will take out the ones I don't care about thereby breaking the fall somewhat and saving the kevlar ones. Or I could just cut the tree down. Nah, let's just see what happens. 

QOTD--Nothing exciting, wait... I just bought an awesome utility trailer!   And heading out to the Wind River range in 10 days for a week of backpacking.

Daydreamer1

SRD due to work.

QOTD: DS went back to college. New co-pastor at church. Nothing major there. On the work front I may have a big schedule change. Currently work a 12 hour shift and a 24 hour shift one week followed by two 24 hour shifts the next week. We have the ability to sleep during the 24 hour shifts and it's rare to not get several hours a night. Apparently one or two of the idiots that work here have started to complain that the 24 hours are too much for them so management is going to put more 12 hour shifts into the schedule. Not sure yet if I'll be able to keep my 24's or not. They do give me a lot more time off  so If I lose them it will impact my running and biking time . Not happy right now.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a shade under 5 miles yesterday morning.  I am happy with the effort.  I need to hold myself back from trying to up this too much.  Maybe some biking tonight. Our TV/Internet/Phone went out yesterday and won't be fixed until Tuesday.  Oh how we depend on that stuff!!

QOTD: Moving.  It has been a shift for us.  But the kids have adjusted better than we thought they would.  We are making friends in the neighborhood, working on numerous projects on the home, still buying furniture and items, and discovering some trails down by the creek/river.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Slept in..will run after work 6sih.

QOTD:  My husband and I are getting along great.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon trailers!

Plan on getting in 6 after work today...should be a nice day for it!

QOTD: Wedding planning...fiance just found out over the course of last week that 2 of her 5 bridesmaids are now pregnant and due within 2 weeks of the wedding...so that.  She's stressed (trying to be happy for her friends, trying not to be a bridezilla).  I'm cool, but hate to see her upset over stuff way out of our control.  That reminds me...I wonder how T&Cs is doing.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

Not sure what or if I will be running tonight. It is hit outside! I'd rather it be 20 below rather than 90 above.

DD: I remember the says of 24 hour EMT shifts. I was not a fan. Mostly because I was trapped in the van with a smoker. Well...that and not havivg a sense of direction or a clue what I was doing.

DC: sorry to hear about the garage fire.

Qon: glad you and .. Glad you and your husband are getting along again. Good job.

Qotd: My DD's relationship with baby daddy turned violent and she moved in with me with bruises and her two babies. Good news is baby daddy quit his job and is movi g to Chicago. That is good...hopefully avoiding a stalker situation. This all has had an impact on my life in good and bad ways. Bad for money and bad for impact on my running/training. Good because I get to be a regular part of my grand children's lives. Bad...because it is hard for a parent to live with an adult child.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k