Trailer Trash

Trail Marking Fridailies (Read 41 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Morning group.  I'll be heading out after work to help mark part of the 50K course for the Ironmaster's Challenge.  This will be the first year I'm not running the event, but at least I'm starting to feel better, and volunteering has got to give me some good karma.  Ran 8 miles yesterday and it only felt like I had a 20 pound kid on my chest instead of a large person.  Second round of prednisone seems to be finally clearing out my lungs.

After I do my section, I'll run back to the car, so should get in 9-10 miles between marking and running.

QOTD:  Do you volunteer your time anywhere?   I've coached sports for over 30 years and 26 years have been volunteer (paid while I was in college).  I especially love coaching High School age kids.  I currently help out with HS cross country

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I tested my legs this morning and pushed out a fast 6 mile run. I feel pretty damn good! It was a great run and will set the tone for my day. Did a solid core workout at the gym right after the run.

QOTD: I try to volunteer at races as often as I can. Jo and I will be working an aid station at a 30k this weekend.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Probably about 1 hour around the neighborhood nice and easy.

AT- If I get lost I know who to curse Joking.  Glad to hear the chest is clearing and the volunteering karma will pay off for sure.  I am going to try and get to the IM mansion at 3:00 tomorrow.  My game plan is to run/hike/scout out the first climb/scramble...would I be better served checking out a different section?

Lace up- sounds like you're off to a good day...live it up.

QOTD: I talked to HasherRick (RD) about volunteering at 3 Days at the Fair.  My GF said she would like to go and help also.  Outside of running, I'm pretty stingy with my time and I don't seek out volunteering opportunities.  If something came up, I'm down for helping out most of the time.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

My 5 miles last night went pretty well, this morning's 5 was a little sluggish.  The last remnants of my little head cold are hanging in there, but the running does help to blow the crud out if you know what I mean...

AT: have fun marking the trail later.  Nice job.

lace: sounds like you are ready to go for the next run.  My DW added me to her gym membership so I see lots of stair climber in my near future (Hardrock pacing and then Leadville training.)

zilla:  enjoy the easy run later.

qotd: I have 3 races I usually volunteer at, a local marathon on new year's day, RR100 and a 25/50km (Hog's Hunt).  I coached my son's soccer team when he was about 15 or so, but that was year's ago.

Happy Friday everyone !!!

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Did get a pace run in yesterday followed by weights and then my daughter and I went mtn. biking. I slept hard last night.  Today will be a day off from running but my running bud wants to go mtn. biking this afternoon. Maybe some weights too. The first couple mtn. bike sessions of the season can be tough, at least for me.

The only volunteer work I do is I am part of Wi. lakes monitoring group. I am responsible for taking water samples, sechi  and temperature readings for my lake several times a year.    I am thinking of helping my daughters bike team when they do trail work out at the Cam-Rock trails. I really should.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all    SRD for me, had a good run yesterday- things have dried out considerably and the snow has shrunk to shaded areas

I lied yesterday Big grin  it was 65 degrees and sunny so I went exploring into some new country- really nice, rough country- big mule deer country   I saw a couple of big bodied bucks a couple of ridges over watching me- couldn't help but think they were wondering who the hell was I and what was I doing there Smile

I'm going back Saturday and bringing my little folding saw and open some of the trail, it'll be cross country, but I can loop back into another long loop that I run out there- should be fun

this evening strength training

qotd: not as much as I should; usually do a couple of kid's fishing days and my wife ropes me into judging the science fair

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT- If I get lost I know who to curse Joking.  Glad to hear the chest is clearing and the volunteering karma will pay off for sure.  I am going to try and get to the IM mansion at 3:00 tomorrow.  My game plan is to run/hike/scout out the first climb/scramble...would I be better served checking out a different section?

My sections will be marked well.  The rest is out of my hands. Big grin

I sent you PM with the scouting report.  First section is good to check out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dpc3

Morning folks, this is my Friday off and first of two weekends I plan on torturing my legs for Jemez. Going up to South Sandia peak today, not sure of the mileage but if I had to guess from the house to peak its 8 miles. If I hit the crest trail I might check it out who knows. Today will be a good day. Have a good one all.

QOTD: I did volunteer as a Soccer coach for over 10 years but have backed off since my kids are needing a chauffeur and I want to be able to just watch them play.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in a little hill work this morning. 13 miles, with 2300' elevation gain.  My mountain trail is down to snow in a 4 foot section, right is some shade at 9000'.

It'll probably last for a few more weeks.

QOTD: Yep, a few places.

muppy

Plan on 6 after work today, should be sunny and 60* !

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

QOTD I coached  soccer for many years when my son was younger, and also was a Cub Scout leader. Now I still volunteer for a few things, and will usually help out anybody that asks.

No running, but the pooch and I had a nice 12 mile hike with a light pack. I fished a little and took some pictures to see how well the cell phone camera works. I am trying to decide if I want to take a bigger heavier camera on my JMT hike or whether the cell phone camera is good enough.

QOTD:  Not lately.  I have in the past helped with river cleanup and trail maintenance.  Now that I am retired I plan to do more volunteer work.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Afternoon trailers. Travel day for the big 100 mile debut. Scared shitless. Have a great weekend everyone! Will update Sunday.

Snowdenrun

Yucky, rainy weather..  Hit the gym yesterday for strength training and my lower back is feeling it today. Plan on getting some sort of run in today but the rain is terrible. It's been raining non stop since I woke up yesterday. Over 2" so far. Dare I say the word treadmill?

QOTD: I'm at volunteer at the Fire Dept. Not sure how much time I spend there, but it's a fair amount, and it always seems to be growing. I love it though, so it doesn't seem like work.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Got in 8.5 tempo miles on an easy trail in the sun. Birds singing, it was just wonderful. I always marvel at the silence and peace out on the trail.

QOTD: I volunteer at DD's dance school, helping with performances and fund raising. I also volunteer at local races. Last year, I volunteered one morning every week at DS's Kindergarten, and if this opportunity is offered next year, I might do that in my youngest DS's Kindergarten class again. I love volunteering!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Afternoon trailers. Travel day for the big 100 mile debut. Scared shitless. Have a great weekend everyone! Will update Sunday.

Good luck Tmotmo44, have fun out there !!!!!!

tbd.