Trailer Trash

Armwarmers - Spandex or Wool? (Read 27 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Or, to be exact, a polyester/spandex material, or smartwool, or fleece? I'm planning on using them in the temperature range from about 50 down to maybe 35 or 40 degrees, perhaps in a drizzle, or under a light rain jacket. Do they stay up securely even on thinner arms? Opinions and expertise, please.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I bought some of those $8 Asics ones (at Running Warehouse) for biking to work in the morning.  So far, for $8, they've been great.

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

I bought some nice Pearl Izumi ones. I used them for 5 minutes pre-race, put them in my drop bag, and forgot to pick up my drop  bag at the end of the race.

Don't leave them in a drop bag.

moonlightrunner

I have a pair of the poly/lycra arm panties. I love them and they seem enough for me in the winter...and it gets colder where I live. I get too warm easily...and I just push them down when I do.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

I use my cycling arm warmers, generally together with a vest (that is what I used for Leadville).

The best cycling arm warmers have a loop at the top to help you pull them up and down on the fly.

Rapha and Ibex make merino blend versions, but they are spendy. Fleece lined ones are warm enough for running.