Trailer Trash

Stone Mill 50 (Read 68 times)

runtraildc

Crap!  Ever have work and other life events get in the way of running?  Well, I wasn't running but DS and I were going to volunteer at an aid station (oh, and I think Couch was bringing pie.  right,  Couch?  Wink).   Work is now in the way and I will be out of town this weekend.  I'm sorry that I'll get to miss meeting the many RA runners there.  Good luck with your training and we hope to be back next year (not running).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Crap!  Ever have work and other life events get in the way of running?  Well, I wasn't running but DS and I were going to volunteer at an aid station (oh, and I think Couch was bringing pie.  right,  Couch?  Wink).   Work is now in the way and I will be out of town this weekend.  I'm sorry that I'll get to miss meeting the many RA runners there.  Good luck with your training and we hope to be back next year (not running).

That's too bad.  Yes next year it is.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Training is going good so far.  Should be good to go If I don't get hurt at MoMa.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

If everything goes according to plan (i.e. if my getting off from work does not change), I should bring the pie.

I might have to bring you a piece of pie on our next run together, though, as you won't be able to make it to the Stone Mill. Cry

Run for fun.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

I would have to say that I am on track. My mileage isn't what I wish it would be but at this time last year was when my ITB started acting up so I am just happy to still be running injury free!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

I agree,Jamie. I also said "for a 50-miler" - considering the distance, it is not an easy race compared to many 50k's or marathons. It is a race on non-technical single-track, with some rolling hills that are neither steep nor long, but it's still uphills. Some smaller rocks and roots, most covered in leaves, so there is some potential to trip and fall. It starts when it is still dark, so you'll need a lamp for the first hour or so, and you should have done some night running during your training.

If it has been raining a lot, it can be very muddy, and during the morning hours, it's likely to be frozen ground and puddles. There is a 3-mile section on the C&O Canal Towpath (somewhere between miles 26 and 31, I think), which is absolutely flat and covered with fine gravel, some sand. This section can beat up your legs and feet, and if it's a hot and sunny day, it can be draining.

That said, it is a great course, very friendly and helpful volunteers, sometimes challenging your sense of direction and marker-finding skills (although you shoudn't really get lost), not boring or monotonous at all. Best value for the buck, for sure.

Looks like I gotta do some night runs.... Blush

Sad I missed the registration for this also. This was my first ultra last year and I really wanted to keep it a tradition. Oh well. Hey, if anyone is thinking about canceling let me know. I'll see if we can transfer the BIB.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

If everything goes according to plan (i.e. if my getting off from work does not change), I should bring the pie.

I might have to bring you a piece of pie on our next run together, though, as you won't be able to make it to the Stone Mill. Cry

Any chance of sending out pie early so we can train with it?  Nothing new on race day, ya know....Big grin

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Any chance of sending out pie early so we can train with it?  Nothing new on race day, ya know....Big grin

+1 - good call.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You crack me up!

I thought maybe pie after the race, then?

Run for fun.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

You crack me up!

I thought maybe pie after the race, then?

I think we all need to incorporate pie into our training.....so please start sending pies out to us on a weekly basis!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Actually, now that you're mentioning it, I could make a business out of that.

Do you want the 6-month subscription, or the 2-year signup? Big grin

Run for fun.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Actually, now that you're mentioning it, I could make a business out of that.

Do you want the 6-month subscription, or the 2-year signup? Big grin

2-year signup.....I'm not afraid of commitment...at least not to pie  Big grin

ultratom80

Sad I missed the registration for this also. This was my first ultra last year and I really wanted to keep it a tradition. Oh well. Hey, if anyone is thinking about canceling let me know. I'll see if we can transfer the BIB.

mee Too.

Ugh I'm feeling a big sense of self-doubt after my 50k this weekend. I have a month left to erase that. Any suggestions besides the obvious (i.e. train hard?)