Trailer Trash

Stone Mill 50 (Read 68 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ugh I'm feeling a big sense of self-doubt after my 50k this weekend. I have a month left to erase that. Any suggestions besides the obvious (i.e. train hard?)

Yes, I suggest erasing all doubt about yourself.  Your 50K was a great training run for your 50M.  Recover this week and some of next, then ramp up a bit and maybe get in a 26+ long run before tapering.  Get some long walks in as well, or do some run-walks.  You will do great.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I agree with AT.  Relax relax relax and have fun.  If you feel you need another race type thing to get in between now and SM, you can try Fire on the Mountain 50k.  It is a 32 mile point to point trail race in western MD. Fun race, low key and great course.  Three weeks prior to SM.  I might do that this year - still undecided.  Otherwise, get in the runs.  SM is not a tough course. It is 50 miles though.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

It'l be my first 50 miler,  but I just completed a tough 50k, with hills, rocks and bulldozers

Mine was in New Jersey; Your 50K ws in VT whcih I guess had a lot more elevation changes going on.

I ran Dirty German in 6:15, which leaves me plenty of time to finish 50 miles.

You ran DG faster than I did, Dani... You'll do just fine.

You are a lot younger than I am too.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ugh I'm feeling a big sense of self-doubt after my 50k this weekend. I have a month left to erase that. Any suggestions besides the obvious (i.e. train hard?)

Rest up!

Seriously, take two weeks to recover, then one nice week of either a long, or several short, fast runs (plus one long-ish easy run), and then a one-week taper.

A 50k is a 50k, and you ran it as such.

A 50-miler is a 50-miler, and you will run it as such, and succeed. Go for it!

Run for fun.

Thanks all for the advice. It's always difficult looking at future races right after a very difficult one. Can't wait to see everyone at the race Smile

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Be glad you did the 50k! the longest I've done lately was a trail marathon maybe three weeks ago.

my running has been pathetic lately! You will do fine Smile

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ok folks...just a few short days away.  Too far to nail down the weather but close enough taste it.  Also too late to cram in any long runs.  Oh crap! It is what it is.  Everyone still going?

I will be there! Taper has been ok, not going crazy yet. Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2 weeks! Shall we plan a meet up spot for the morning of?

I'm going down to Gaithersburg Friday afternoon to pick up my race bib, probably having a pasta dinner somewhere nearby if anyone else is interested in meeting up for pre-race dinner.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I'm in!  I'm attending a ceremony for my daughter on Friday Nite in Philly, so won't get in until late Friday.

I got my mileage in, except for the last LR this weekend.  It is what it is...Time to start collecting stuff I need to pack.

Looking forward to meeting y'all... and Couch's pie!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm still in.  Plan on getting into the Gaithersburg area sometime on Friday, but unsure of if I will make packet pickup/reasonable dinner hour.  GF and I would be up for pre-race dinner.  Anyone have any thoughts on a time/place?

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am not coming until early Sat morning.  I am close enough to do so although I will be getting up at an ungodly hour in order to do so.

We definitely need to have a pre-race meeting place.  After the race is over, no telling what may happen.  Anyone have a good camera with a flash? We need a group pic and it will be dark that time of morning.

I'm still in.  Plan on getting into the Gaithersburg area sometime on Friday, but unsure of if I will make packet pickup/reasonable dinner hour.  GF and I would be up for pre-race dinner.  Anyone have any thoughts on a time/place?

I'm not sure what time we're leaving Philly yet, but I'm hoping to leave before rush hour.

I did a little research, this place has good reviews: 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/biscotti-italiano-ristorante-derwood

I'm really down for anywhere with pasta. My fiance will be joining me as well. 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm not sure what time we're leaving Philly yet, but I'm hoping to leave before rush hour.

I did a little research, this place has good reviews: 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/biscotti-italiano-ristorante-derwood

I'm really down for anywhere with pasta. My fiance will be joining me as well. 

Looks good to me...I still have to work out if we are going to leave work early or not.  I think it will be about a 3.5 hour drive down there so cutting out early will be necessary in order to make the dinner hour.  I'll let you know when I know.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Weather forcast keeps changing.  The projected high is 60 now for the day - around 42 at the start.  Sounds pretty good to me.  Smile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm still up in the air about when I'm getting there, so I guess I'm out for dinner.

Anybody have a recommendation for a pre-race picture / meet-up?