Trailer Trash

Stone Mill 50 (Read 68 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I'm still up in the air about when I'm getting there, so I guess I'm out for dinner.

Anybody have a recommendation for a pre-race picture / meet-up?

How about 5:15 or 5:30AM, at the east end of the school ( just to the right as seen on google maps) there are two sidewalks crossing, like "+" marks the spot.  I'd post a screenshot but I'm inept.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Well, having never been there before, I have no clue what the start/finish looks like. 

I know they are having a pre-race packet pick-up (I might need to pick mine up on Sat AM) so we could try to meet near the table, but just try not to crowd the table too much. See post below.

If anyone has trouble finding each other, I am usually picked out in a crowd fairly easily (as RunMuppy and jbyram2 know).  As per usual, I will be wearing braids and a bandana, and a blue headlamp. I will also be wearing some Oiselle gear before and during the race....since I'm obligated to do so Joking

Oh, nevermind, jbyram beat me to it. I think this is where he's talking about:

meet up

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Works for me.  I'm the skinny guy with the beard Roll eyes.  I'll find you guys.

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm not too hard to miss either...prolly the tallest guy there.  Although I have been surprised at a few races by some other 6'4" and up runners.

The start/finish is slightly behind the school.  Looking at that screen shot from the X - follow with your finger up to the road that goes behind the school.  The packet pick-up (if it's the same as 2011) is on that road but further to the right (basically behind the main parking area).

Let's do 5:30 at the side of the school - X marks the spot.

FYI - there is usually a good line at packet pick up on Sat morning.  You all got the emails about parking.  I plan on getting there early - I have no one to drop me off and I am thinking I will be a wuss after 50 miles and will not want to walk down the street to my car.  Another FYI - no port-o-pottys at the start but there are small bathrooms at the fieldhouse by the athletic field.  Not sure about the ladies room but the mens room only has one...I said one....stall.  So there will be a line for pre-race dumping.  Another FYI - if you plan on ditching your light at the first AS (as the website states we can), don't do it.  Or at least don't expect to get it back.  You only need the light for the first 30-40 minutes if that.  And at the end of the day, you will only need it if you are out past 5:15ish (11hours+).

Do I have enough time for one last LR? Umm....errrr....Ok ...see you Saturday kids.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I look remarkably like the handsome gent in my avatar, nearly as tall as boyjame.  #47

Will probably have my Dirty German 50 hat on, and my comfy blue shorts.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck guys!!

You are all going to have a great time and I'm sure you will love the trails.  If you haven't run in this area before, no big hills, so keep to you walking strategy since the hills won't dictate when to walk.

We'll need a group photo.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sunrise- 6:53

Sunset- 4:53 (10hrs 53mins)

Moon - almost full

Partly to Mostly Cloudy

Low - low 40s

High - mid to upper 50s

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Marie overnighted the Wegman's shirts to me...I will have them by tomorrow.  I will be able to hand them out before the race.  But we need pictures...group picture of course.  But those of you who have others with you, make sure they get action pictures of you in your wegman's shirt.  It's gonna be a great day!

Marie says she is very sorry she will not be there.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Marie overnighted the Wegman's shirts to me...I will have them by tomorrow.  I will be able to hand them out before the race.  But we need pictures...group picture of course.  But those of you who have others with you, make sure they get action pictures of you in your wegman's shirt.  It's gonna be a great day!

Marie says she is very sorry she will not be there.

Got the shirts! They look good.  Green, white, some black (in case you want to color coordinate.  See ya!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Shirts sound great...what kind of pie did Couch send? Joking

I finished in 12:11, only 11 mins behind my predicted finish. Only issues were stomach related from 38-43. I will post a report on the blog this week, and our group photo on the forum tomorrow!!

How did everyone else do?? So nice to meet everyone!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job Cocktails...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nice meeting everyone.  I finished under 11 hours.  I didn't pay much mind at the finish and my watch died so I'll have to wait for results.  A friend of a friend who lives nearby said there were still people running near 8 oclock.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Looks like I gotta do some night runs.... Blush

Birdwell just mentioned this forum elsewhere, where I did my RR, and I just came over to look. I've not read this whole thread yet, but I believe (from your icon photo) that we saw you out there - DW pointed out your photo in one of the flickr sets as someone she remembered, due to the pigtails.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.