Trailer Trash

Manitou's Revenge (Now with RR!) (Read 49 times)

LB2

Fiance' and other accent words are not pretentious if you state that you understand that they are pretentious before using them. So, great job on that part, too. I hate when people talk in their normal accent, or lack of accent, and then break into an accent when they say the name of another country, like Chile or Nicaragua, or whatever. I could go on for days about that, but I won't. I have some great examples of times when I wanted to get up and start throwing chairs. I didn't get up and start throwing chairs, but I wanted to. I just tuned out.

It sounds like that was a tough race, and I think it is awesome that you were able to find the mental strength to continue when you thought you questioned whether or not you could. That point is going to come in most long races/runs. I have made both decisions, and I feel much better when I choose to continue. In most cases, you will make it. Congratulations again.

LB2

Congrats on finishing a tough race. And also for snagging a fiance who helps crew for you over 17 hours! I feel lucky as well to have found someone who supports my ultra endeavors.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Crap, James, that race sounds berserk!  Congratulations on finishing, and for having such a great crew.

After all that, MoMa should be a snap!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

XtremeTaper

That sounds pretty crazy and congrats on finishing such a difficult run. Looked to be a decent weather day too. Your fiancé must be a keeper if she crewed you for this. Once you are married that will stop. LOL. Joking. Thanks for the report and the photos. Is that the Hudson in the distance on the one picture?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Fiance' and other accent words are not pretentious if you state that you understand that they are pretentious before using them. So, great job on that part, too. I hate when people talk in their normal accent, or lack of accent, and then break into an accent when they say the name of another country, like Chile or Nicaragua, or whatever. I could go on for days about that, but I won't. I have some great examples of times when I wanted to get up and start throwing chairs. I didn't get up and start throwing chairs, but I wanted to. I just tuned out.

It sounds like that was a tough race, and I think it is awesome that you were able to find the mental strength to continue when you thought you questioned whether or not you could. That point is going to come in most long races/runs. I have made both decisions, and I feel much better when I choose to continue. In most cases, you will make it. Congratulations again.

So I take it you're not a fan of Jeopardy

I would have regretted dropping.  I really only needed to go 3 more miles and dropping was no longer an option (only way off the mountain was to finish).  That was the first time I really faced that decision, so yes I am happy now that I found what I needed to continue on.  Thanks!

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on finishing a tough race. And also for snagging a fiance who helps crew for you over 17 hours! I feel lucky as well to have found someone who supports my ultra endeavors.

Yeah, 17 hours for a first timer was a pretty tall order.  The people willing to support ultra runners while they do their thing are a special bunch .

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Crap, James, that race sounds berserk!  Congratulations on finishing, and for having such a great crew.

After all that, MoMa should be a snap!

Thanks Jody...the way I'm feeling right now...everything should be a snap

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

That sounds pretty crazy and congrats on finishing such a difficult run. Looked to be a decent weather day too. Your fiancé must be a keeper if she crewed you for this. Once you are married that will stop. LOL. Joking. Thanks for the report and the photos. Is that the Hudson in the distance on the one picture?

Thanks XT.  The weather was perfect...low 50's at the start and I doubt it climbed out of the 70s.  If it was going to rain all day I was going to bail out.  "once you're married..." too funny .  I had to look it up, but yes thats the Hudson and North-South Lake is in the lower right.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

This whole fiance conversation reminded me of this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I don't even know what to say.  I knew it would be brutal cuz it was on my radar.  I am happy you had a good day.  Sounds like maybe the best thing was your fiance crewing for you.  Maybe we have another Kelly & Jo??

The real question is will you go and do this race again? AND when is your first hundred???

Edit: BTW - what was the winning time and who was it?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I don't even know what to say.  I knew it would be brutal cuz it was on my radar.  I am happy you had a good day.  Sounds like maybe the best thing was your fiance crewing for you.  Maybe we have another Kelly & Jo??

The real question is will you go and do this race again? AND when is your first hundred???

Edit: BTW - what was the winning time and who was it?

Kelly and Jo is a whole different level...

Would I do it again?  I said no on saturday, sunday, and monday...today I found myself mentally trimming time off so that I could finish in daylight.  I have a crappy memory, so maybe.

First hundred?  I perused some 100 mile races today at work...I'm not in a rush, but maybe I'm in the market 

Top 4 were

1. Jan Wellford, NY in 10:50:34

2. Ben Nephew, MA in 11:04:57

3. Brian Rusiecki, MA in 11:19:18

4. Ryan Welts, NH in 11:20:39

The next finishers were an hour later

For women, Ashley Moyer (now Ashley Lister) ran away with it by 2 hours with a 12:37:04

I finished 41 of 68 finishers...I know there were over 100 registered...not sure what the no show/drop split was.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

This whole fiance conversation reminded me of this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0

I knew that was gonna be Seinfeld 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Big congrats!  made me tired just reading your report Big grin

as a Westerner, I was very humbled when I ran a race in North Carolina- steep is steep, doesn't matter what coast you're near Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

So I take it you're not a fan of Jeopardy

I would have regretted dropping.  I really only needed to go 3 more miles and dropping was no longer an option (only way off the mountain was to finish).  That was the first time I really faced that decision, so yes I am happy now that I found what I needed to continue on.  Thanks!

LOL. Actually, I am a huge fan of Jeopardy, but Trebek ticks me off when he does that. I am an even bigger fan of the SNL bits where Sean Connery gives Trebek hell, talking about his mother, etc. And, it bugs me, in a humorous way, how Trebek is so smug when someone gives the wrong answer and he quips the correct answer with some accent like it should be common knowledge. Come on, Trebek!!!! I just find a lot of humor in it. Some days, I know most of the answers. Other days, I know very few.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, awesome job!

The climbing sections look like real fun . I wonder how people managed who got there later than you, having to do it all in the dark.

You didn't mention it, so I assume you had no problems with cramping on the climbs (up or down)?

Run for fun.