Trailer Trash

Tepid Tuesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Ended up with only 5 yesterday. And I'm not sure what today will bring. Smashed a toe on a corner last night, and I'm hoping it's just the toenail that ended up getting badly bruised and not a broken toe. A bit painful today, and walking is not smooth. Of course it's the same leg as my knee issue. This week has not had a good start-- Chowder and I were attacked by a cat, the knee continues and now the toe. I'm hoping to walk later just to get some GVRAT miles in.

qotd: I need some laughs. Let's do a 'share a joke or something funny' qotd. And as per usual, I will share a Far Side comic.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 10+ miles this morning after a running TURD yesterday.  Was again chilly - not feeling like May but I see warmer temps in the near future.

DC: Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully the toe isn't bad and hopefully the knee gets better soon.

QOTD: I like the funny signs - here are a few:

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW ended up taking Tiny E out yesterday for a hike, so I ended strength training sans weights; gyms heremight be opening in a week or so

will hit the trails after work with Tiny Elvis

qotd: 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I ended up taking a SRD yesterday.  Today I did 10 after my early morning conference call.  At least it was a little cooler than it will be later this afternoon.

qotd: From Gahan Wilson.

Came back to add this one from the Far Side:

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Dang it. Sick of cold wind. Another chilly one this morning for the dog wogging session. Some strange weather here yesterday with short bursts of rain, hail, and a clap of two of thunder. It was starting to clear up by the end of the day but turned chilly and windy. I just decided to run some road loops with the dogs (separately) to get some miles in for the day. About 4 miles I suppose.

Today. Did my stretching routine before lunch. Not feeling super inspired for a run today but will get out after work with Baker to the trails by the lake. Might go shorter than short and take the Lady along too. Maybe the wind will be less later.

QOTD: Poached this one from SNL weekend update. Paraphrased. "I don't really like Republicans or Democrats but I will be voting democratic. It's like using a condom. I know I need to do it but it doesn't feel good."

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Walked a brisk 2 yesterday just to keep streak alive.

Ran 18.1 today with mix of trail and logging roads.  Did not feel great, but got it done. Then went to BJ's (Like a Cosco or Sam's Club) and tried to follow the arrows. Found out I'm not good at following arrows. Twice I just spun the cart around to look like I was following the rules. Wasn't too crowded, so no harm.

I'm at 102.8 miles for May so far and the race.  My log here is getting my Garmin info so is accurate and I think the site is mostly working for me.

QOTD:

Found a chair for Sue and the Camper

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked 2 miles toward heaven and returned the 2 miles back to the beach.  A 1,423 foot gain.  Hip is good walking.

As fir the great race I finally took the time to scroll through the spreadsheet to my name, saved the link and bookmarked it making updating and map much easier.  However now that I know it doesn’t do decimals....My walks and hopefully soon my runs we keep going until I hit an even number. 

Qotd: 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You can and should enter decimals.  It is recorded but may not show on the spreadsheet due to the space needed.  But if you want to just keep walking to make it even, that works too! 

Walked 2 miles toward heaven and returned the 2 miles back to the beach.  A 1,423 foot gain.  Hip is good walking.

As fir the great race I finally took the time to scroll through the spreadsheet to my name, saved the link and bookmarked it making updating and map much easier.  However now that I know it doesn’t do decimals....My walks and hopefully soon my runs we keep going until I hit an even number. 

Qotd: 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Using my ipad it dies not give me a decimal option.  From what I saw.

You can and should enter decimals.  It is recorded but may not show on the spreadsheet due to the space needed.  But if you want to just keep walking to make it even, that works too! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄