Trailer Trash

Holiday Weekender (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Woke up to 7 degrees this morning, and minus 3 windchills. That's pretty bitter here. Chowder and I met the coffee group this morning, which ended up being three of us, including the dog. Not surprising. Got about a mile in and Chowder seemed unhappy, not usual for him so we called it and headed home. In all, 2 miles today. .  Just as well, I came home and found out our flight tomorrow was cancelled and they put us on a Monday flight that toured the country, instead of our purchased nonstop. Fixed it somewhat. Managed a direct flight out of a different airport (nice to have options here), but we still miss Christmas day with DH and DS2, and the rest of the fam who are all in MN. Oh well. We'll have our holiday rib roast Monday night.  DS1 and I are going to a friends tonight. Pie is in the oven

qotd: Favorite homemade holiday treat? It's a hard one. I make peppermint bark, which is pretty tasty. But maybe it's the peanut blossoms that win out (pb with the hershey kiss)

LB2

Just did a 2.5 mile hike to scout the place where I killed my first deer of the season back in November. I saw one deer, but I don't know if it was a buck or a doe. My dad is having trouble seeing deer; I think they may be getting by him. I see deer almost every time I get in the woods. Or maybe I have just been very lucky. I'll take it either way; it has been so much fun this year. No pig sign in the woods where I was today. That is good. I'll run at least 6 in the morning. I have had a super light week with only about 24 miles when all is said and done. Next week, will be in the 60 mile neighborhood, maybe 70. But 2 of those runs will equal 40 miles.

QOTD: My wife makes this simple thing that I didn't think I would enjoy, but it is wonderful. It is some sort of corn flake/peanut butter thing that I need to be separated from at all costs. I just ate two of them.

LB2

Sandy-2

Got up early and did 11 miles. Took the green belt, circled the park and then home.  It was a clear 21° with a good breeze. Felt really nice.

Now DD and SIL are here we had a little charcuterie thing, then we’ll do bagels and lox after we recover.

qotd: anything my DW makes for dessert is a favorite, especially her apple pie…. and her chocolate cake… and….

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 miles snowshoeing this morning w/ DW, DD and TE- nice to be outside again; it was 10 degrees at the house, 6 miles out of town (and 600' higher) it was 30 degrees!  The valley (most rallies in Montana for that matter) the cold air settles and just stays there.  I can tell you that 30 degrees after -30 degrees, felt like summer! 

qotd: My wife will make me a homemade cherry cheesecake that's pretty tough to beat, but she made me a "cherry yum-yum" that was pretty good!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Snow was nice and fluffy...but still Jack wasn't into it.  And I wasn't about to run as it was 2 feet deep.  May be time for a treadmill.  Today fluffy snow turned into wet cement.  Is this a running group?  Because if it is I have nothing to report. 

nerry Christmas

qotd: Wine

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

SRD today.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

tbd.