Trailer Trash

National Running Day - Wednesdaily (Read 37 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Happy National running Day.  I'm going to sneak in a lunch run today.  Might have to avoid the Battlefields as Gettysburg is getting pretty crowded as the 150th anniversary is approaching.  Looks like some road running around the office.  That will make 2 road days in a row. Hope it's not a trend.

QOTD: pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

6.7 this a.m. on road/rail trail/real trail.  Another beautiful cool morning in CT - it would be a crime not to run today.

Have a great day everyone!

It was a beautiful morning for an 8 mile trail run! The pooch and I both enjoyed the great weather. I have shed a bit of weight and my pace seems to be getting faster as a result. I didn't realize it was national running day, but I guess we celebrated it well anyway Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I saw the National Running Day ad yesterday, and I'm about to head out for some trail miles now. Just have to be home by noon to watch my youngest, while DH goes for a doc's visit. Life, again... Joking

AT: Have fun, perhaps discovering some new loops?

DD2: Glad you stayed out of trouble today!

TT: That dog is really a great coach for you!

Enjoy hump day, runners!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Just went for another long walk along the Indian Ocean this morning. I feel great and could easily be running, but there's no need to right away. I want to make sure my legs are well recovered for my trail race this weekend.

We're leaving the hotel shortly for the long trip back to Utah before heading off again this weekend.

I hope you all have an amazing day!

Birdwell

Morning folks!

got in 5.5 this morning. I'm starting to see more and more people out running in the morning. Must be that time of year for people.

Enjoy the national running day!

Good morning! It's beautiful here in PA, one of those mornings I wish I was a morning runner. Perhaps this summer I will be, as I'm expecting it be a hot one.

Last night I was a rest day from running, but I had an awesome ultimate frisbee game....beat out all of my defenders, and scored a bunch of points. My legs feel pretty much fully recovered after taking it very easy last week.

Tonight  I'm planning on running however long I feel like on some new-to-me trails in Philly. Twisty, windy single track only a couple of miles from home, and I only found them about a week ago.  A lot of the running groups here are doing special stuff for National Running Day, but I'd rather celebrate alone in the woods. Cool

runtraildc

Morning!

Got in an 'instant' interval run while the kids were in the pool last night.  It felt good to work on speed (not my strong suit).  I'm also trying to run every day this month (at least one mile, which equals a rest day) so it is interesting to shake things up a little and give myself permission to go on quick, short runs.

This is the first time I've ever heard of 'national running day'-- is this something new?

qotd:  I've got nothing either.

Low_O2

Morning all!

4 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Felt pretty good most of the way considering it was only an hour after stuffing my gut with a big bowl of salad, chicken and shrimp pasta and bread sticks. I figure it is good training for eating during an ultra. 6ish on deck for today.

QOTD: Does anybody here use STRAVA to track there miles/progress?

I just started playing around with it a couple days ago. It is kind of fun to use. It ranks you against other runners/cyclists in the area on popular segments. You can also make whatever segment you want so it always compares your runs against previous ones. Not sure if I will continue using it, but it's fun to play around with.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  I'll get some hill work in this afternoon and then rest/relaxation until Sat morning.

low_O2 beat me to the punch w/ the qotd! Smile

qotd1: never have heard of it, but will check it out Smile  been using the RA training log and so far like it

qotd2: do you regularly have a recovery drink after running?  it's become 2nd nature for me as soon as I get back to the house I whip up a smoothie w/ yogurt/fresh and frozen fruit/scoop of protein powder

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

QOTD1: No

QOTD2: Not always, but yeah a smoothie hits the spot.  Mine usually are just fresh fruit, ice, whey powder, and water or skim milk.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning all,

9 in this morning, 50/50 trail road and a couple good hill repeats. Beautiful cool morning in Western PA, won't be many more once the humidity returns.

Have a great National Running Day!

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD #! - Have not tried Strava yet. Looks interesting.

QOTD: #2 - Chocolate milk.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Wandering Wally

8.4 miles yesterday afternoon.  Nice time out on the trail.

QOTD1 - No.

QOTD2 - Just water usually.  After a long run I'll try to eat some protein soon after I get home.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

under a rock

For national running day I took the dogs for a walk and finished up my morning with mowing and weed whacking. I love to garden but I loathe lawn work. With our house on the market I'm having to spend almost as much time on my lawn as I do my garden. My next house will have no lawn and be all garden with lounging areas.

QOTD 1: I had never heard of STRAVA until now. I have been logging on RA for so long and it is so versatile that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere. But, now I'm curious and I will take a look at STRAVA later when I have some extra time.

QOTD 2: I only do a recovery drink after long runs and for that I just have a bit of chocolate milk.