Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 36 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning trailers!  Strength training for me this evening.

gotd: your favorite running book?  I've only read a few, but I really enjoyed Born to Run- it really touched on the primeval "need" to run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Weights in a minute along with some core and elliptical.  Day of rest from running with the hopes of a nice long run tomorrow up north. Stopped at Pawn America last night on my way home to buy a bunch of dvd's for my cabin. $1.50ea. But it looks like I should go there on Tuesdays instead as they had a sign up saying you could get two for $3.00. Too cute.

Warden--Talked to my bud who is rehabbing from an injury currently. He's the guy that I did Devils Backbone with a few years back and I convinced him we need to do it again so I went to Tom's website and it looks like it is full already. I'm not much for going on waitlists' so it looks like 2015. Maybe the 4 pass loop or the beaten path this summer instead.

QOTD- have to read John's book yet but I'm sure that will be tops.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Six miles on the trails this morning for me and Rocky, the fog started rolling in as the sun started rising. If anybody has ever seen "The Mist", you'll know what I was thinking at some points. It was thick fog too.

qotd: Born to Run, but never finished it and I actually can't find it Sad

A page on FB posted this pic a few days ago......... I seriously wanted to kill them afterwards, now I don't look off the trails while running in the dark. :P Thought you guys would like it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

I'm heading out to the trails to test my heel, no plans for any kind of

mileage I'll just be happy with pain-free running.

QOTD: I'm savoring the last few pages of John's book, I've really enjoyed

it. I liked Born to Run for the stories of Scott Jurek, Jenn Shelton and Ann Trason, but

the rest of it seemed a little goofy-I guess it's called poetic license.

The pooch and I had a nice 11 mile run this morning.  The fall colors are now mostly just browns.

QOTD: The Perfect Mile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Going to head out a little later, mileage undetermined as of now but hoping to get in around 8 miles. Waiting for DW to get home from a meeting to see if she wants to go for a walk and meet me along the way. That will determine how many miles I actually go for. It's chilly and windy so I'm betting that she'll opt to stay in the house and work out on the bike and elliptical.

QOTD: Run Gently Out There by John Morelock. Why? It's the only running book I own. And to be honest I haven't even been able to read much in it.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got in a freezing & wet 5 miles after work yesterday.  Let's hear it for bosses who let you re-arrange your schedule to fit in a run!

Freesoul:  Gee, thanks for sharing that non-terrifying image which will never enter my mind on night runs when my dog barks at nothing.

QOTD:  It's not really a running book, but I really liked A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins.  Otherwise, maybe C is for Chafing by Mary Remy.  Ha!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

An hour at the gym this morning.

QOTD: RGOT of course.  Actually I am struggling to get through it - not because of the book but because I have been crazy busy lately.  But so far it's been great. I do want to get a copy of "why we run".

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin your welcome

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

muppy

Got in 4 last night and yoga class, hit the gym with my son tonight for some weight lifting.

QOTD I'm trying to read RGOT, however I have the same time problem as others, I keep it in my car to read while I wait for people. Also relentless forward progress has some good stuff in it.

LB2

Resting today, 16 tomorrow.

QOTD: So far, "Run Gently Out There" is my favorite running book. And I don't say that just because John is part of our group; someone I have met; and someone who has helped me, even though he may not know he has helped me. I say this because the book is genuinely a good read, so far (not finished yet). Many of the things that I have read so far are things that I have had happen to me; they are things I constantly think about while running, before running, after running, etc. Some of the things that are in the book are things that you may be aware of but maybe you haven't really thought about. For example, a great deal about the DNF is explored. Sooner or later, you are going to have a DNF if you run enough long races, probably short ones too. If I get nothing else from this book (which is doubtful), I will come away knowing that I am not the only person who has allowed one little negative verbalization/negative thought to snowball into a complete mental breakdown on the trail. You are not alone, but ultimately, you alone must be the one to continue to the end. I could go on for days about this. This book is a must read for anyone who aspires to run long on trails.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Broke my lazy streak this morning and got out of bed for a run.  Four days of no running, what the hell have I been?  It was a good run.  There was a patch of Manzanitias with ruslling going on inside.  So I just stopped, listened and stared into the thicket.  I knew they were birds but I couldn't see any or see moving.  It was like the bushes were alive, which was just pretty cool.  The woods have changed in those four days.  The leaves and pines have fallen allow more views into the woods.

QOTD:  Same as MT, have only read one Born to Run and enjoyed it.  Had a Galloway book along time ago.

sugnim: My boss let me change my schedule from 8 to 5 to 9 to 5:30 and it been pretty nice.  Well when I get up.

Northern:  Nice review on John's book.  I definitely need to get it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

5 miles (2.3 with Weston) 9:15 am, 38*F and sunny-ish.  Phone was dead this morning, so charged it up while I ran Weston.  Did a few faster runs between dog stops, and even broke him out of a trot a few times.

Once I dropped him off did one fast mile in 8:15, including 1/4 mile of trails.  Did three striders after that, and jogged home to cool down since hams seemed tight after yesterdays strength  workout.  No issue with the foot pain that bothered me earier this week.

QOTD:  Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger and Scott Douglas.  Only one I have read, so it's my favorite by default..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Gator eye

4 slow long miles this morning, just couldn't get in the groove, lungs felt tight  and burned the whole time, leg were pieces of lead. Two miles in with no improvements I said heck with it and headed for home.

QOTD: Have never read a book on running. Someday maybe if I get one passed down to me.

Have a good weekend all!

Chnaiur

Intervals/circuit training today.

QOTD: I really like Run Gently Out There. I'm almost finished, and it is by far the book that has taught me the most about running. Only that it doesn't teach, it shows you how to think. John's gift is to be entertaining while provoking the right thoughts in a very special circumferential way.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k