Trailer Trash

Windsday (Read 17 times)

LB2

An easy 5 miles this morning. It was a little more humid this morning than it has been recently, but it was not bad. Getting ready for yet another storm; this one should actually create a bit of a problem for us because we will probably be on the east side of the eye and a little closer than I want to be. We were sort of in a little comfortable spot for Hurricane Laura and got almost nothing. We may not be so lucky this time. Hopefully, Sandy will send us some dry air to disrupt the storm.

QOTD: Do you generally have a plan for natural disasters?

We try to stay prepared, but I don't know how much you can really do to prepare for some of this shit beyond having water, food, and bourbon.

LB2

XtremeTaper

6 miles last night on the hills of Coventry Woods with Baker. Decent run, cut a minute off my time from last week not that I was pushing the pace much. Just felt pretty good on the second half of the run so focused on moving a bit faster.  Dang pointy rocky downhills still slow me down. Morning wog with the dogs so far today. I might squeeze in a few miles at lunch or this evening. Going to get in 9 holes of golf late afternoon.

QOTD: No plan here, but we are not prone to strong hurricanes, fires, floods, earthquakes, etc.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles after work with TE, we set a record high yesterday 83 degrees!   Still cooling nicely at night though; looks like much needed precipitation (and a cool down) rolling in Sunday/Monday.

Got my rifle sighted in this morning.  Will get out shortly for a few miles with TE and if I'm particularly energetic, will hit the gym later in the afternoon.

Getting my pack/gear ready for a couple of days of hunting in the Bob Marshall 

Not so much a plan really, but I keep 4 cases of water on hand (and have some big containers I can fill)- we rotate the bottled water out and probably an easy 3 weeks of food on hand (probably more in a real pinch w/ freeze dried stuff).  With all my backpacking stuff- I've got water purification, cold weather stuff and a way to cook if need be covered.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I plan to do 11 or so after work today. I'm trying to keep that step count up.  It's funny, I'm getting my steps in while running but that is evidently a disadvantage since I accumulate less steps per mile, the folks on my team are walking and getting in lots of steps. But actually all I have to do is throw in a big week and I'll blow by them (maybe I'll do that the last two weeks of the game     ). Although what I get done in a a couple of hours takes them all day to do. There's one guy in my company on another team who I think has one of those treadmill desks and he's got about a bazillion steps, I won't catch him.

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes yesterday, the running joke my DW has is that she renews my contract each year....

qotd: Yeah this year has been crazy with the gulf hurricanes.  Delta may split the uprights between LB and I again, but right now it is forecast to be way closer to LB this time.  It might even go right over his head.  I'll see what I can do about blasting it over in Mississippi's direction.  LB could have wind and rain, but over here they are talking about 5 to 10 inches of rain this weekend.

Yes we plan for these things with water, food, full gas tanks, etc.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out early for 10 this morning running under a nice moon and stars. I was so slow though.

LB & Sandy - stay safe and hunker down if you need to.

QOTD: No -similar to XT, we do not get extremes here.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

qotd: Yeah this year has been crazy with the gulf hurricanes.  Delta may split the uprights between LB and I again, but right now it is forecast to be way closer to LB this time.  It might even go right over his head.  I'll see what I can do about blasting it over in Mississippi's direction.  LB could have wind and rain, but over here they are talking about 5 to 10 inches of rain this weekend.

Yes we plan for these things with water, food, full gas tanks, etc.

Happy Anniversary.

It looks like it shifted slightly west, similar to Laura's track but not quite that far west. We were on the east side of Laura, and it was almost a non event here for reasons I don't recall, probably some wind shear on this side. There seems to be significant areas of dry air to the west and the east, and I am hoping and praying that takes some of the punch out of it. At this point, I am just moving things that can blow away to areas where they are secure.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Please don't send it to MS...that's where my 85 year old mom lives.

Sandy-2

Please don't send it to MS...that's where my 85 year old mom lives.

Ok we won't.  Actually it looks like it's going between us again and pretty much along the TX/LA border. That's going to be tough on them since they are still recovering from the one they had last month.

tbd.