Trailer Trash

Waiting for more snow Wednesdailies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and I had a great 5 mile trail. It wasn't that warm in the south but it was still tough getting used to the cold again after a week in Tallahassee. It took a couple miles to start enjoying the cold again.

QOTD: Sick of winter yet?  Me, not really.  Spring is great, but I like cold weather and snow a lot too.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Hi all,

I haven't run since last Thursday, but for good reason!  I spent the last 5 days snowboarding in Vermont and wish I were still there... the east coast is supposed to get hit hard with a storm tonight into Friday. My heart hurts every time I leave those mountains, no matter what the season.  Anyway, I suppose I'll get back into it with 5 or 6 miles after work before the storm hits.

QOTD: Well, now that I have my big snowboarding trip out of the way for this season, I'm definitely ready for spring.

Sandy-2

I think I'll do an easy 3 or 4 miles after work today.  Just see if the little niggles I have are still there.

qotd:  Nope, winters down here are fine.

tbd.

sugnim

Mornin' all.  I had a nice 5 mile run home from work last night.  I didn't bring my sunglasses because I foolishly listened to the weather report that called for cloudy skies all day.  The sun was out & bright--I ran with my eyes closed some of the time.

If you are looking for a good cross-training idea, I highly recommend Baby-Lifting. It works out all of your back, arm, shoulder, neck, and leg muscles, and the weight increases slightly each day. Also, the Baby-Lifting program will never let you take a day off; your excuses are useless. Sometimes your trainer will get you up at 5 in the morning for an impromptu session, or maybe even in the middle of the night. You could be eating dinner and your trainer will call you to do a session--gimme 100 overhead reps, now! And the feedback is instant: If you do well, your reward will be infinite giggles. If you do poorly, you may end up with a face full of pre-digested milk. It truly is a rewarding program with fantastic results, and I highly recommend it.

QOTD:  Nah, I like all of the seasons.  And for western MT, we've had a pretty mild winter this year.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Planning my nice snow run after work, in the early afternoon. Plenty cold here, it was -7 when I left the house this morning. TT: sounds like a nice run, despite the chill. T&C: I prefer skiing, but mountains are always nice! Sandy: What is this "winter" thing you are talking about? QOTD: still liking winter. Bring it on, for now, but please have it gone by mid-March!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy mid-day all!

Last night I biked on rollers for 30 minutes, did 108 pushups, and ran 6 miles.  The run felt easy, but considering sidewalk conditions it was a pretty good clip (lots of "singletrack" on the sidewalks right now...lots of "hurdles" also).  I'm feeling strong right now and I can't wait for spring race season.  Almost all my races will be "repeats" so I'm really hoping to prove my improvement.

Plan is for 7 today...might switch that to the 9 called out for thursday due to impending snowstorm (just saw that my area is expecting 10-14...yikes).

QOTD: I'm ok with it.  It's tough to run sidewalks right now and the trail isn't really runnable.  Other than that I'm good.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon trailers,

I did 5 road miles this morning in 5° temps, man was it chilly.

Sugnim and MT: There was a Jeopardy answer last night about Montana; 'Montana'

is the Spanish word for mountains even though three quarters of the state is located

in the.....

QOTD: It's pretty cold lately, but I'm getting used to it, could be worse I guess. I'm looking

forward to complaining about the heat and humidty.

muppy

Got in 9.1 this morning, just a nice easy look around at everything pace.

QOTD I like the cooler temperatures, it was 3° this morning so could be a little warmer,but I'll take this over the heat any day. Now the snow on the other hand I'm sick of, right now we have about 6 inches with a half inch of ice on top, and now they're calling for anywhere from 8 to 14 inches tomorrow (I work in a hotel so we are there from the first snowflakes starts falling until it's all done shoveling snow, that's probably the root of my resentment toward snow)

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Aaaand we return to our regularly scheduled PNW winter. Rain and 48 degrees feels tropical! 

Went to PT yesterday. Tentative diagnosis is MCL strain/maybe partial tear due to or compounded by severe valgus in that knee. (The left knee is normal; the right one looks like someone doesn't know how to put a skeleton together. PT was slightly horrified.) Am off the trails for a couple weeks but can run flats, which is better news than I could have hoped for. I forgot to ask about cross training... biking doesn't feel that great but maybe I'll suck it up and try out the gym pool. I'm a terrible, terrible swimmer.

QOTD: Nope. The fall was ridiculously nice so it feels like winter just started. Plus we're headed towards drought conditions, so the more precip, the better.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

sugnim

Sugnim and MT: There was a Jeopardy answer last night about Montana; 'Montana'

is the Spanish word for mountains even though three quarters of the state is located

in the.....

What is In the minds of people who inhabit the state of Montana?

Just kidding--Great Plains?

runtraildc

Afternoon, folks.  Just got back from 7.5 miles on the trails.  I had them mostly all to myself and got in a loop that I haven't been all on winter.  Been running far too much on the paved trails/roads lately and I'm noticing that the trails are much harder than they used to be....

T&C- where in VT?  We're heading up to Okemo & Killington after the snow tapers off down here.

FYTC- I've been trying to do your 'froggy' stretch that you described last week.  I'm slowly getting closer to being able to do it.  It's a good stretch! (and really hard)

qotd:  well, I'll answer differently now than I might have this morning.  Since I'm just coming in from the outdoors, winter is good.  I'm enjoying it.  And, in a month, our daffodils will be blooming so spring is not so far away, either.

Daydreamer1

Did 5+ miles this morning. Temp was about 16 when I left. Overall it was a good run.

QOTD: As long as it gets cold and stays cold I don't mind winter too much. I hate it when it's always warming up and cooling down. The snow only bothers me when at work. It's such a pain trying to carry patients out of their house and work the stretcher around the piles of snow. As long as it starts to warm up by the end of February I'll be happy.

jonferg67

Endless trails

What is In the minds of people who inhabit the state of Montana?

Just kidding--Great Plains?

Correct, $1600

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I got my 8.5 miles in, and it was miserable. I was so frustrated. But, I'm happy now, that's the good thing about running. I might go out for a run again tomorrow (which I was not so sure about during the run .

This deep, soft, sand-like snow is just killing me.

traildc: Wow, that's good. I haven't tried the froggy in a while, I hope I'll still be able to do it, too!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Preparing for the next snow dump.  We're in 10-14" range here.  Was able to get quick run over lunch.  Hopefully tomorrow I can run before it gets too deep, otherwise treadmill or I'll do downhill skiing at local hill (Liberty Mountain).

Muppy - can't believe you were in Gettysburg yesterday and didn't PM me.  Don't eat too much chocolate while you are trapped in the Hotel.

Yea, for Okemo.

QOTD:  Still playing in the snow.  As I said the other day the only problem is planning to dress for the temperatures.  I am looking forward to my first run where all I have to get is shoes, socks, shirt and shorts.

(QOYD - yesterday - run with Mandy) - I like the Hawaii idea.  But Chile would be on my list.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!