Trailer Trash

"F"-ing Fridaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I saw this article. The F-bomb sure works for me whenever I kick a rock or take a fall. 

Repeating the “F” word can improve threshold for pain during an ice water challenge

Also: Benefits of Cursing.

Short run after work today. We are fully open, and I have all my staff in the office. Masks are required.   Long run tomorrow and we might go to Norlo Park and run loops to recreate our Sole Challenge 24 / 48 hr races that aren't happening anymore.

Bert Update - Bert got home on Wednesday. He had a short stint back in hospital for some complications, but all cleared up now.

QOTD: Are you a cusser?  I tend to drop way too many NSFW words, but you can't argue with science (unless your the POTUS) 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Diane - I'm very sorry to hear about your father passing.  Sending you big hugs.

Good news on Bert going home!!!  I hope he feels well enough to update us himself soon.

Happy Friday, Friends!  I'll ride my bike after work today.

QOTD:  Ummmm, if you've read any of my posts over the years, you know the answer to this question. 

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 miles and a short walk after.  Today is a "rest" day.  Now it's raining hard.  Tomorrow we are celebrating being in the "yellow" (next phase of lifting restrictions) by having a cookout at a friends home - maybe about 20 people! Will be nice to be around people other than the immediate family.

AT: that's great news you are fully open. I had a physical yesterday with my doctor.  I already had it scheduled but was surprised they kept it.  I am still working form home for a while yet - likely through the end of June.

Yay Bert is home!

QOTD: Most of my cussing is either in my head or under my breath.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Yeah Bert-o!  Keep on keeping on.  Glad you're home.

I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of things fully opening, maybe because that's still a while away in CA.  Hopefully States that are opening are doing so based on good science, not political pressure or popular demand.

I did a short hilly trail run yesterday, SRD today.  I'll go for a walk to keep up my May streak.  And it's too nice outside not to be out.

QOTD: I will when necessary.  But I'm more likely to use the milder forms, like crap and freakin'.

QOTD2: it's REI sale time.  Anyone buy anything interesting?  I haven't yet, but still thinking about it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

Walked a round of gold yesterday. Played ok, course was fast and firm. According to the scorecard I had 350 yard drive yesterday. Haha. It was all downhill, about a 200 foot slope. I hit it straight down the pipe and bet that sucker rolled forever. Course was packed and they ran out carts. Most groups would not go out until some carts came in, so people who wanted to walk could head out ahead of the cart waiters.

Dog wog this morning. Raining now, maybe most of the afternoon. There will 5 or 6 miles on the trails regardless after work. Meeting my trail buddie for some miles tomorrow with the dogs at Marsh Creek.

Virus finally hit someone I know. My aunt in her mid 80's was in a nursing home in Ohio. She'd been there for a number of years, alzheimers/dementia. I wasn't real close with her as an adult, but saw her now and then. When my parents moved to FL back in the late 90's she went along to support my mom on the move/drive. Very funny. I drove with her in one of the 2 cars. She kept telling me to slow down, be careful, etc. After driving through the night, I let her take over in the morning. LOL, she drove 10mph faster than me! I feel bad for my mom who can't make the trip north for funeral services and closure.

QOTD: Not a big cusser, but I am no angel either. Depends on company.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Yay Bert-o, great progress.  Keep fighting!!!!!

Did 6 this morning. I stayed away from the black fly areas but I still attracted a few flying around me but none of them landed. We usually have about 2 to 3 weeks of peak black fly biting season and then they go back normal levels.  I guess we're hitting the peak.

qotd: fuck no! 

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD2: it's REI sale time.  Anyone buy anything interesting?  I haven't yet, but still thinking about it.

My Garmin is over 4 years old now, so I upgraded to a Fenix.  Smile  It's out for delivery right now!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Just bought a new Nathan VaporSwift pack.  My older one has some zipper issues where 3 of the 4 are totally stuck from sweat / washing / age / poor design.

XT - I drove a 410 yard hole once. It was during a drought when we lived in Iowa.  The first bounce looked like I hit the cart path and there was no grass to stop it after it crested a hill. Played that hole after rain a few months later and had to hit a 3 wood into the same green.

Mandy - what are you baking this weekend?

Jamie - see you have a bit of a lead on Young Jamie C now.

Gatsby - I don't see too many East Coast states going by science anymore.

Sandy - you're going to need fly paper on your cap for those flies.  Who was it who posted a picture here (or RWOL) years ago about their hat covered with flies?

NorthernHarrier

Just 7 miles on the trails. I'm stilling feeling pretty fatigued so I'll take a rest day tomorrow and then go real long on Sunday.

I was painting yesterday here but it must not have been good enough as DW has fired me. 

That's one way to get out of what I consider to be the most miserable job out there.

QOTD--I have quite the potty mouth.

QOTD 2

My Garmin is over 4 years old now, so I upgraded to a Fenix.  Smile  It's out for delivery right now!

I didn't think you could get the 20% off on any gps techno gear.   I wouldn't mind getting a Garmin inreach mini if I could get the discount.  Otherwise not getting anything and I still have a couple hundred dollars worth of dividend to use plus I have a return to do whenever they open for another $75.

Ultra Cowboy

Second day in a row running in the morning.  That is cause for celebration!

ML signed us up for the Run your Ash Off challenge sponsored by Negative Split Racing to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mt. St. Helens blowing her top.  ML has distinct memories as a child in Spokane of that day and the days that followed it.  I remember the jar of ash my grandparents filled up from WSU's Martin stadium after the event.

Anyway it's a 40 miles in 10 days challenge. Between the 2 of us, it is a good way to try and get my mojo back.  After 2 days I'm at 6.0 miles.  2.5 yesterday and 3.5 today.

Yay for Bert!

Cussing:  I cuss like a sonofabitch.  It's my pressure valve.

WYBMADIITY

Save

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I didn't think you could get the 20% off on any gps techno gear.   I wouldn't mind getting a Garmin inreach mini if I could get the discount.  Otherwise not getting anything and I still have a couple hundred dollars worth of dividend to use plus I have a return to do whenever they open for another $75.

I love my inReach Mini.  Sadly it hasn't gotten much use yet this year.  All Garmin Fenix's are 25% off at REI right now.  Pretty sure that sale doesn't extend to other Garmins though.  (MTA: Looks like the inReach mini is $50 off.)

AT - how did you know I'd be baking this weekend???    The plan is a chocolate whiskey cake.  The recipe calls for an entire cup of whiskey.  Hot damn!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - how did you know I'd be baking this weekend???    The plan is a chocolate whiskey cake.  The recipe calls for an entire cup of whiskey.  Hot damn!

We're Instagram friends, remember. I've seen some of your beautiful bakes. Just guessing you had a plan for the weekend.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We're Instagram friends, remember. I've seen some of your beautiful bakes. Just guessing you had a plan for the weekend.

Joke fail on my end.    And thank you on the baking compliments!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got a 5 1/2 mike walk this morning.  Then a beach on if 2 ish later.

Qotd:  oh poo big time! 

Qotd: I did just get a french press from them.  Should of shopped other stuff to get free shipping. I also want a new garmin, hiking poles, hydration pack, and backpacking mattress.  The garmin and mattress I could do online but the rest I would want to feel.  There is also the fact that I haven’t been running lšŸƒšŸ» ng so do I really need a new garmin and pack?   Also want to purchase from the local outdoor store.

AT:  just had Rose visiting for 3 days...Erin arrives tonight and another friend(runner) saturday.  Rose and  I I biked and walked a lot.  May attempt a run this weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns šŸ™„

Gator eye

Had the day off today and got my long run in early. I did 27, longest run I be done sense last fall. 

QOTFD: let me put it this way. While growing up I could tell the brand of soap by taste.