Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Probably an SRD today, but may go for a long brisk walk after work.  Long run tomorrow on hilly logging roads. Road is like the ones in Marie's area that the Tussey runs on.

Good luck George at D3!  Have a great race.

Good luck to any other racers / pacers / volunteers this weekend?

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms.

QOTD: weekend plans?  Run, yard work. Finally get pool open, and early dinner with family on Sunday for Mother's Day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

My allergies were really bothering me yesterday so I did nothing.  I'm hoping to get up to the gym at lunch but just got a new project so....

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

qotd: I have a massage on Sat and want to stop by the tattoo place and see about getting a new one.  Sunday we're going down to DD's and grilling hamburgers and hanging out.  A break in the craptastic weather is forecast.  Not sure how many if any miles I'll get in.  Possum's is going to be epicly undertrained for me 

NorthernHarrier

Fast paced tempo run yesterday on the roads so today will be a rest day. My lawn is a foot deep so that will occupy me along with weed whacking, attacking dandelions and creeping charlie, etc. Also need to get food and things organized for my canoe trip coming up. The stress I deal with..

QOTD-- Moderate length run on the roads tomorrow morning, I'm still trying to train for my marathon though I know it will be an epic fail. Tis life. I feel I'm in pretty good shape, just not road marathon shape at all.

Otherwise breakfast on Sunday with my FIL and then I'll head back north Sunday night.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So, uh, anyone else get an email from a dude at Sports Illustrated asking about Kelly Agnew?  Apparently he's writing a story and looking for more info.

I didn't wind up climbing last night - just too much going on.  So I'll try to go tonight if I can muster up the energy.

QOTD: My bike is freshly tuned, so I'll be going for at least one good ride.  Mother's day brunch at my aunt's house on Sunday.  Might ride there too.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

So, uh, anyone else get an email from a dude at Sports Illustrated asking about Kelly Agnew?  Apparently he's writing a story and looking for more info.

Why yes, I did.  Not sure how to respond to that.

My name is Nick Dawson and I'm writing a feature about Kelly Agnew for Sports Illustrated. I believe you knew him through the trail and ultra running community, and would love to chat with you about him. 

I’m trying to talk to a lot of people whose paths crossed with his, and would really appreciate you sharing your impressions of him so I can tell as accurate and detailed a story as possible.

Thanks, and I look forward to your reply.

Best,

Nick Dawson

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Not sure how to respond to that.

Me either.  I only knew Kelly online, so I don't feel like I'm the best person to ask.  I'll probably just reply back with that.  I assume he got our names from here, as the RWOL forums have long been deleted.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck George!

got in a really nice 8 miles (~2200' gain) with Tiny Elvis yesterday- sunny and low 50's, tough to beat that

we're making a foray into the Bob Marshall this evening and tomorrow to scout a possible off trail section that would save us a couple of major fords; it's going to be steep and it's going to involve a lot of snow, so we'll see

a call into the local range ranger station of the Forest Service yesterday revealed that the road is blocked with snow five miles from the trailhead, so it looks like a really big day tomorrow

qotd: see above Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hello trailers. gym day for me today. I'm trying to stick to this training plan and I'm kicking myself a little since it is a beautiflu day outside with sunshine and a nice breeze. This is before DHuff's craptastic weather moves into our area later this afternoon.

qotd: Hmm, DH is on a work trip. Little DS has switched to a 6 am swim practice. And older DS is returning from Arizona on the redeye. My Sunday training run looks like it will in the middle of heavy rain.  Not an exciting, outdoorsy weekend planned for me.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The fourth Fast Friday--the pace just keeps improving .  This week we hit 9:04.  Pretty sure I could do better if I left Jack at home.  There is one spot where I have to wait for him cause he's not to good with downhill...but I can't leave him.  I was going to take a break from Fast Friday but it's fun in the end and you get a quicker time.

04/19 9:59

04/26 9:49

05/03 9:19

05/10 9:04

QOTD:  Last real weekend.  After this weekend I will be unemployed so everyday is a weekend   No plans.  I took Monday off for a super long run 36 miles.  And I took Tuesday off because the DH will be gone and I plan on just fucking around.  I want to wash, wax, and remove the jeep top.

George:  Good luck...have a good race.

duffman:  I think you should get the Possum's belt buckled tattooed on you   I have old tattoos I would love to change into something different.

NH:  It's your annual canoe forage or are you going some where different?  How many days?  And how canool!

Mandy and AT:  Umm no... wow interesting.  How did they get your email addresses?  I guess that is a stupid question but a bit creepy.

Warden:  Glad to see that you survived that 16 hour shift.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today, did a little sightseeing in downtown.  Some cool old architecture from the old days, plus all the other stuff.... and the people....  it’s all really cool.

I sent the following pic to my DW and noted that she always wanted a larger laundry room... she didn’t think that was too funny.  ;-)

I also got a FB message from that guy from SI, not sure I’ll respond.

By by the way while I’ve been here my DW has been going crazy with the thunderstorms and flash flooding in the NE Houston area.  The local streets are flooded but our house is high and dry.  Hope it stays that way.

qotd:  I’ll do a 10 mi run here tomorrow morning, do some work then I’m off to London tomorrow night.

GL to all you racers out there.

The local laundry mat.

Gateway to India.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

NH:  It's your annual canoe forage or are you going some where different?  How many days?  And how canool!

The usual in how it's been the last few years. Just a basic 7-8 day solo trip thru an area known as Quetico. I'm sure runtrail knows all about the place. Pretty tame stuff for me these days. Beautiful places to camp, good fishing, and hardly any people this time of year.  I've still got a couple trips I'd like to do a lot further north in places I used to go but I'm a little more cognizant of my lack of immortality. We'll see, maybe something extreme again next year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Stretched my legs a bit with 2.5 miles of brisk walking and jogging.  With a 9:00 AM start I should finish sometime between 4 and 5 PM.  The 24 hour race should just be getting interesting about then.  Lots of familiar faces will be there too.  Hope I can stay awake during the night to watch the competition.

Mandy - today's FB memory for me was a photo of the two of us at Ice Age 50 5 years ago.

AT - I'll be cheering for Laurie.  She has some tough competition for the podium again.

No email from SI for me.

qotd: see above

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I'll be cheering for Laurie.  She has some tough competition for the podium again.

She's going for an AG national record. Podium would be icing.

AT-runner

Tim

Maybe Mandy and I got e-mails since she's Owner and I'm an Admin for this forum.

Sandy - you got a FB message from reporter?  Wonder if any other trailer trash got one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - today's FB memory for me was a photo of the two of us at Ice Age 50 5 years ago.

That was 5 years ago??  Dang.  That was a fun day!  I'm glad I was able to pace you. 

Running is dumb.