Trailer Trash

Terribly Cold Tuesday. (Read 26 times)

LB2

I ran a nice 2.5 this morning, real easy. Yesterday evening was a hard, hilly, muddy 3 miles at about a 7 minute pace. I'm glad I had good lugs on the shoes.

QOTD: How much has the weather the last couple of days impacted your running?

I know it is terribly cold for some of you, but it was 47 here this morning. Yesterday morning was about 30. The weather has only made things better for me.

LB2

Sandy-2

Hay LB !!  yeah the weather over the weekend was great loved the 30 deg temps, with the north winds and the lesser humidity.  Now were back to winds from the south, so it'll be humid and 70 deg today.

I'll walk/jog a couple of miles after work today.

qotd: winds from the north = good.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Back is still bothering me, hit or miss as to when or why so I've decided to postpone my Mar 50 miler and make it just a 50k.  I signed up for the Heartland 50k that I DNF'd last year due to heat stroke want a rematch.  The Feb marathon, the Mar 50k and the Apr 50k should allow me to sign up to be a Marathon Maniac.  I'm already a Half Fanatic so it'll be fun.

We were supposed to go to KC this week for an audit but the weather is supposed to be bad so we'll go next week.  Course being winter it might be bad then too .

QOTD: I don't like the cold so I've been inside on the TM.  Sat it never got above 24 and the wind was 40 mph so no Bueno.  I had to go out and feed the horses and that was it.  My nose runs like a faucet in the cold so that kind of grosses me out.

Congrats on the Houston people.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday morning and 3-ish miles with DW and Tiny E in the afternoon

will get out this afternoon for a few miles

qotd we’re pretty close to normal here- highs about 30, lows about 10; they are calling for wind though which can cause suck pretty easily and more snow tonight and tomorrow

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Wimped out and did a treadmill run this morning.  I was going to run outside, but started getting a cold yesterday, so decided to play it safe and warm.  Sneezed a bunch while on TM, so probably a good call.  Ended doing 7 miles of mixed pacing.  Watch a recorded show, so easier time today compared to yesterday's trash TV TM run.

LB - I'd have to search hard to find my 7:00 pace. Nice mud run.

Sandy - enjoy the recovery.

dhuff - 40mph winds is no fun.

Warden - What distance is your fast pack adventure going to be?

QOTD:  5 degrees this morning but less wind. Wind chill was near 0. Slightly warmer now ans no wind. Yesterday it was -15 wind chill most of the day.  Warmer tomorrow but some rain.  The trails will be a slick mess with previously frozen snow and then rain.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LB2 - Nice pacing!

Sandy - Congrats on Houston.  I was able to get a deferral, so maybe I'll see you there next year.  Box of Rocks sounds like a fun race though.

dhuffman - Sorry to hear your back is still bothersome.  March is still a bit of time to decide though.  Hope it gets better.

warden - Funny how you're in warmer weather than a lot of us right now.  Enjoy the "balmy" Montana weather!

AT - I'm right there with you on the TM.  At least you got the miles in.

Sue - 

QOTD:  Got about 19.5 miles in on the TM over the past two days due to the cold and wind.  I wouldn't mind the cold, but the wind was just too much.  Wind will die down this evening, so heading back outside for 8 or so miles.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - What distance is your fast pack adventure going to be?

Tim- about 55-60 miles; I think we have it figured out where we can stash water roughly halfway- not much for water in the desert 

microspikes will conquer any ice; I’ve been able to run full out on literally glare ice (much to the amazement of onlookers!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD...maybe the gym...I have Jury duty at 1 PM today.  I'd give them a week...I get paid to go.

QOTD:  No impact since I ran in it.  Sunday's long run was raining the whole time.  It wasn't bad but I barely remember the run because I was focused on getting down.  Kinda like running in the dark.  When I woke up Monday there was snow on the ground and sounded like rain...just trees dripping.  I wanted to cancel but didn't.  Of coutse my weather is nothing compared to what others deal with.

Berto_

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Nothing but gym stuff yesterday. Major news of the day was I purged my office closet. It is now all clean and uncluttered. It had become a graveyard for old tech stuff like phones, cables, routers, and junk. I did walk the Lady around the block. Even late afternoon, with temps around 15 it was stupid effing cold. Especially when walking into the gusty headwind. It literally made my face hurt. 

Better today, the wind has stopped and while temps are in the teens now they will get into the upper 20's. I will get out for 5-6 miles later. I'd like to run up at the local trail but they have that closed until March for some blighted tree removal. I am tempted to sneak over there anyway, as I have not seen any activity yet in the tree cutting down department.

QOTD: Not much. Took a day off yesterday as I did not want to run in the wind and -15 wind chills. Not that it matters if I miss a day since I don't have any race goals. Still, I like to run 5 or 6 days a week and so far have not been impacted. In fact, last week we had near perfect weather except for Sunday, and that was just rain and messed up trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Waited this morning until the temps passed 20, then got in 5.5 miles with my running friend. It was slow. very slow. But my friend is recovering from a pretty bad cold and I'm really just impressed he got out. I might not have run if left to my own devices. The winds have died down so it was actually nice in the sunshine.

qotd: Today was the first day in a week that I ran outside. Between rain, snow, bitter cold winds and visiting family, my running has taken a hit. I did get a treadmill run in, and lots of walking. My heel blisters are healed, and so I'm now officially all out of excuses.

AT-runner

Tim

Tim- about 55-60 miles; I think we have it figured out where we can stash water roughly halfway- not much for water in the desert 

microspikes will conquer any ice; I’ve been able to run full out on literally glare ice (much to the amazement of onlookers!)

Mike - Is that the classic Traverse, or are you doing a different route?  Microspikes - Yes, I use them a lot, and use Yaktrax's for snow.  Problem with this year is after every freeze, so far, it thaws and the mud comes through and the surface gets all rutted up making ankle injuries a real concern.

Sue - He's guilty. They always are. 

DC - "...and so I'm now officially all out of excuses."  Runners are never out of excuses, you just need to think harder.

XT -  I bet all that stuff in your closet cost thousands to buy and is now worth next to nothing.

Bert - when's your next trip up to your cabin? Much snow up there?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think so too.  I grew up with a Mother who believed if your friends did something wrong while you were in church with your parents, you are still guilty by association.  As in you knew they were up to something and you did nothing to stop it. 

Sue - He's guilty. They always are. 

Warden:  This is your second time at Joshua tree..what do you like about it?  Don't get me wrong I think it's a bitchin place and have been there many times but just wonder why not a different dessert?

XT:  I opened a drawer that contained our techy crap...remotes and wires to who no's what planning on tossing that shit...I was over whelmed and just the drawer back up. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- it utilizes some of the “classic” route, but some additional areas- some of it off trail

Sue- it’s been the only desert I’ve ever visited and really liked it (a lot Smile), we’ll be seeing new country (for me, he’s from SoCal) this go round, but will have to look for something new next time. I missed the traverse they did (several years ago) of Zion, so that’s on the list.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

QOTD: having no real cold weather to speak of (40s?) and few weather-related complaints, I will pop in quickly to say hi and then show myself the door. 

Easy 4.6 miles today, rest day yesterday, running something tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert - when's your next trip up to your cabin? Much snow up there?

We winterized the cabin Christmas weekend and probably won't open it back up until around March.  We could spend a weekend there, but without any running water.  Definitely a lot more snow up there though.

Sue - Aren't you supposed to say that during the juror selection process?  Or did you actually want jury duty?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours