Trailer Trash

Meh Monday (Read 14 times)

LB2

I am feeling pretty "meh" today. I have been trying to get ahead of this PF flare up since Saturday. Today is an SRD, so I have some work to catch up on and need to break down this deer and get him ready for processing. I was going to do that yesterday, but I had already come back from town and realized I was out of freezer bags. Anyway, I think I got ahead of the PF; it seems to be on the mend. But I am going to take it easy this week and probably not get a long run in until Sunday.

QOTD: What does your holiday week look like?

Today, I have to go to a funeral at 9AM. My neighbor's 45 year old son was killed in an ATV accident, tragic. I have one meeting tomorrow in Baton Rouge at 1PM. After that, it is pretty much whatever we need to do for Thanksgiving for the rest of the week.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Good morning. Wind has stopped here for now so the low 20's was pleasant enough for this morning's dog walk. It was blowing steady all day yesterday, until sunset. The usual short runs over the weekend, 6 miles on Saturday at Warwick park but only 4 yesterday at Birdsboro watershed. Really bundled up yesterday due the cold wind and was comfortable enough but cut it short as Baker talked me into avoiding the loop to the upper reservoir. On Saturday, we did see some dudes wheeling a buck down the trail and out of the woods. Never seen anyone hunting at Warwick Park but it is open for archery most of the fall.

Plan for today, 4 or 5 at the lake or local trail late afternoon.

QOTD: Low key week here. Not travelling, family is too far away for turkey day week unless we extend the trip. Work will be quiet this week I suspect so good time to catch up on things and of course long weekend. Plan to do the local turkey trot but have yet to pull the plug and sign up so I guess I am waffling on that. I would be good for me. Sort of big football game on Saturday to watch.

LB2 - Sorry about the PF and your neighbor's son. That is awful.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - Sorry about the PF and your neighbor's son. That is awful.

Thanks. I think I have the PF on the mend. My wife reminded me that she had some compression socks. I wore those last night, and with that and the stretching I did yesterday, I think I may be able to run again by Wednesday. I may do a test run tomorrow because I am stupid.

It is especially tragic for these folks because this is the second adult child they have lost. One of their daughters died almost 20 years ago from complications related to whatever they call that surgery to help with losing weight. To be honest, I have known several people who got that surgery who didn't change their lifestyles and ended up almost as fat, if not fatter, and looked way worse. But even those who didn't gain back a lot of the weight seem to look unhealthy to me.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning trailers- chowder and I got in just under 5 yesterday on one of our Bay trails while DH was kitesurfing. Then we walked another 2.6 on the paved trail since it was such a beautiful day. Today will be some yoga and strength work later.

LB- such a tragic series of events for those parents.

qotd- nothing big. Except our friends that we see for turkey dinner have been exposed to Covid, so our dinner plans may change. DS, chowder and I have a 5 mile turkey trot in the am. Absolutely no traveling

Sandy-2

Back home after driving this weekend. No run for 3 days. Plan to get out tomorrow.

LB, horrible news about your neighbor.

Congrats Gatsby!!!

qotd:  taking it slow, only DW and I for Thanksgiving so we’re keeping it low key.

tbd.