Trailer Trash

Parade Tuesdaily (Read 15 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for 6-8 on the trails. Hopefully not too muddy after a good soaking last night.  Then more work on the apartment as I bust through a small section of concrete to put in a grinder pump for the new bathroom. I'll get out some stress smashing the concrete.

Hey, where has NH been? He should have a nice travel report for us.

QOTD:  Tonight is our Halloween Parade, or as locals refer to it "The end of tourist season" .  We usually try to go and it's fun to see the floats and local HS and college bands. Any Halloween activities in your town, and do you go or stay away?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I had to get a tooth pulled yesterday.  Not fun.

QOTD: We turn off the porch light and hide inside with the shades drawn on Halloween.    There's always a huge party downtown ("FreakFest"), but I haven't done that since I was in college.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: We turn off the porch light and hide inside with the shades drawn on Halloween  There's always a huge party downtown ("FreakFest"), but I haven't done that since I was in college.

OUCH.

Party Pooper

Mandy, how's the dog? Saw you got some good advice on FB. Poor thing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yesterday in the morning did 200 yards of lunges unbroken and 4x50 air squats- try that sometime when you're bored 

yesterday evening 3.5 miles w/ DW and Tiny E

today probably hit the trails for 4-ish

qotd: I'm sure the town has several goings on, but couldn't tell you what they are- you may have gathered I'm not overly fond of social events   We do get a mob of kids at Halloween and go through 6-8 big bags of candy

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran another 4 miles this morning. That is my standard, taper run. I will do that the rest of the week, and try to run 8 to 10 Saturday AM and few more on Sunday. I'll say 30 to 35 miles this week.

Also, thanks for those birthday wishes. The new job is going pretty good if you measure "good" by seeing a bunch of the problems on day one. This is going to take some time to fix, but I think it will be fun, sort of.

QOTD: Yes. We actually do go to the neighborhood Halloween in Watson, La. It is always fun, sometimes too much fun.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Did 7.5 miles last night. Pushed the pace for once and ended up averaging 8:48/mile. Can't remember the last time I ran that fast and this was my longest run since my July race . It felt good to push and run fast and I actually feel pretty good today.

DW went shopping with DD. Once they are back we will probably head out for a nice bike ride. Would like to get in around 30 miles but not sure that will happen.

Did anyone else lose electric last night?  After LB2's post yesterday I was wondering if he was trying out a new voodoo doll .  We lost it a little after 10 pm and it didn't come back on for about 5 hours........................the longest we've been out in quite awhile.

I've been wondering about NH as well. On top of him I don't thing I've seen anything from NHLA in awhile either. And then there is jonfer, moonlight, and blarg hasn't been around in ages and a few others I'm missing. If you don't keep an eye on these people they fall off into the abyss .

QOTD:  I'm sure some of the towns do have stuff going on but I'm a real party pooper when it comes to halloween.  I'm so glad that we live way out in the sticks where there are few people and for the most part we are surrounded by conservative Mennonites so there are no trick or treaters at all.

Daydreamer1

Also, thanks for those birthday wishes. The new job is going pretty good if you measure "good" by seeing a bunch of the problems on day one. This is going to take some time to fix, but I think it will be fun, sort of.

Due to a merger and acquisition our company just about doubled.  I've been on the quality assurance committee for awhile and just got assigned to do the QA for the organization we took over.  I'm seeing a few problems and a few places where they will need to change simply to fit into our system. Knowing how this business works I'll probably soon be on a few most hated lists.  Most of the issues just come from the fact that we do things slightly different then they did so what they are doing isn't really "wrong" it just doesn't fit the system. Still people hate changes.

Happy birthday. Just a little late I know.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Again couldn't get up...then planned on running after work but shit I got stuff to do....I don't like to go more than 2 days without a run.  My friend who has just run (hiked) the last part of a 200 mile race with a friend said she only runs 2 to 3 days a week.  I said plus the long run and she said No that includes the long run.  So I am ok with maybe taking another day off...I am still Trailer Trash!!

I've finally made a podiatry appt.  Told my doctor it's been hurting for 4 to 5 years.  She looked it up and said it was 7 years ago she did exray.  Since a different shoe helped I am thinking my a shoe insert my help.

QOTD: They have a kids parade but I never gone.  No tricker treaters as not worth it in our neighborhood.  We are having a thing at work, pot luck, decorations, and costumes.  I will bring food and have minimal decorations.  I might come as a runner.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You are a party pooper...when we lived in a hood I loved passing candy out to the kids.

QOTD: We turn off the porch light and hide inside with the shades drawn on Halloween.    There's always a huge party downtown ("FreakFest"), but I haven't done that since I was in college.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes, what's wrong with Bella?

Mandy, how's the dog? Saw you got some good advice on FB. Poor thing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've been wondering the same.  Folks need to check in once in a while even if they don't want to post so we know they are doing alright.  Don't we have to mention turkey hunting and NH appears...maybe he's drowning in maple syrup right now.

I've been wondering about NH as well. On top of him I don't thing I've seen anything from NHLA in awhile either. And then there is jonfer, moonlight, and blarg hasn't been around in ages and a few others I'm missing. If you don't keep an eye on these people they fall off into the abyss .

runtraildc

Ran 9 miles thru rock creek to the zoo with my 76 yo running friend. I was a little concerned about us running trails (his idea) since it was covered in wet, slippery leaves in many places. And last time, he fell and shattered his glasses and got a cut by his eye. We took it slow and it was a great morning in the woods. Saw no one, which is really rare, especially for the nice day it is.

And yes, agreed that people should check in every so often. It's only the polite thing to do. We need updates on Moonlight's new job! And confirmation Harrier is not lost in Quetico, living off grouse.

qotd: There is a zombie walk/parade on Saturday that starts at the local brewery and ends at the film institute, where you can see the 'night of the living dead'.  I do not dress up as a zombie and march, but it is great people watching so we go occassionally. One of my son's friends is trying to get them all to do it this year, so I may have to go and watch. And get video.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You are a party pooper...when we lived in a hood I loved passing candy out to the kids.

I am a party pooper, I know.  When I was younger, Bella and I would go for a run on Halloween night with Bella's glowing collar on.  The kids liked that and we liked seeing all the kids.  I always figured it was the safest night to be out running in the dark.

Bella is doing okay, just anxious when alone.  I think she's a little senile at this point.  She's having an issue with one of her legs too, so no big walks or runs anymore either.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Due to a merger and acquisition our company just about doubled.  I've been on the quality assurance committee for awhile and just got assigned to do the QA for the organization we took over.  I'm seeing a few problems and a few places where they will need to change simply to fit into our system. Knowing how this business works I'll probably soon be on a few most hated lists.  Most of the issues just come from the fact that we do things slightly different then they did so what they are doing isn't really "wrong" it just doesn't fit the system. Still people hate changes.

Happy birthday. Just a little late I know.

Some of this stuff is just flat out wrong. Haha. But I have been here before. We had to go through the same kind of stuff at my old job when were rebuilding under a new model for operation.

And thanks for the birthday wishes.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

About 4 miles this morning, it was wonderful. I enjoy the colorful trees, colors are still great, even though this year they are a little less than usual.

Watching my youngest DS at his first wrestling practice. At the warmup he was running way faster than the other kids, and his stride is outstanding. Higher than any other kids’ and he is just so fast. I think he might have potential as a runner later. I don’t want to push him now and have him lose interest. And he wants to become a professional wrestler anyway. 

QOTD:  Our trip to the Halloween store is already an adventure. There are two really good stores in town, always fun to visit.

Corn maze is fun, too.

There are also some kids parades, and definitely lots of parties for the students, but we just go trick or treating through the hood.

Run for fun.