Trailer Trash

Ugly Mudder RR: I picked the wrong day to wear road shoes (Read 48 times)

Pretzel City Sports puts on great races. This one was no exception! Take a look if you're interested.

http://trailsandcocktails.com/2014/03/01/ugly-mudder-race-report-i-picked-the-wrong-day-to-wear-road-shoes/

AT-runner

Tim

Glad you had fun.  I'm sure the race did not start at 11:00, as Ron is NEVER on time.  The atmosphere at the PCS races is what got me hooked on trail running (did my first PCS race 15 years ago).  If I lived closer, I would join the Liederkranz!

The only problem with this race is when you tell people you ran the Ugly Mudder, they assume it's some mud / color / zombie race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

The only problem with this race is when you tell people you ran the Ugly Mudder, they assume it's some mud / color / zombie race.

Even though I know otherwise, I still get that impression every time I hear the name.

Thanks for sharing the RR T&C. Every time I see pics or RR's from a PCS event, I feel nostalgic.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, great race and well done!

This snow looks really heavy. I was snowshoeing recently in such snow - very exhausting. Running 6 miles in this stuff is a really tough workout!

For the German beer, I like the Weizen dunkel best.

Run for fun.

muppy

Sounds like with the conditions you ran a strong race, and had a great time too, congrats!

I know! It's a shame because I bet this race was around before those races (actually I have no idea which came first.)

Let me know if you're doing any PCS races this year. I might do Dark and Dirty on 5/31.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I know! It's a shame because I bet this race was around before those races (actually I have no idea which came first.)

Let me know if you're doing any PCS races this year. I might do Dark and Dirty on 5/31.

The race website says this was the 11th annual. I don't think mud runs have been around that long.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

It's Ron's 20th year for the Mt. Penn Mudfest, so long before the mud-run craze started. .  DW and I will be there this year.  Dark and Dirty is weekend after our 24hr race, so we'll see.  It's a great race with an awesome post-race party out on the patio at the Liederkranz.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't think running Dark and Dirty is in the cards because I have the Ice Age 50K the week before, but I'd like to meet a few of you if I'm not scheduled to work that evening.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Sandy-2

Cool.  Nice job and it sounds like a fun time.

Congrats.

tbd.

Thanks, all!

wcrunner2 & ATrunner - would love to meet you both! Keep me posted. My attendance is dependent upon whether I have a bachelorette party that night, since it is the prime of wedding season then and I have a thousand weddings happening this year.

It's Ron's 20th year for the Mt. Penn Mudfest, so long before the mud-run craze started. .  DW and I will be there this year.  Dark and Dirty is weekend after our 24hr race, so we'll see.  It's a great race with an awesome post-race party out on the patio at the Liederkranz.

I would love to run Mudfest since I have a few friends that go every year, but I always go visit family in NY for Easter weekend so it's likely not happening for me any time soon. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thought you might be interested.

Chester Country Running Store is putting on a 10K trail series in Pottstown March 30, April 27, May 18:

Coventry Woods 10 Trail Series

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sounds like a fun one!  Congrats on getting through some tough conditions and getting the finish...if you want to be able to carry your cell phone check out the lifeproof cases.  What's next for you?

**Ask me about streaking**

RabbitChaser

Sounds like you ran a good race under tough conditions! Thanks for sharing the RR.