Trailer Trash

Wet Weekender (Read 20 times)

LB2

Easy run turned out to be at a much quicker pace that anticipated with no extra effort. I like when that happens, but it never seems to happen on race day for me.

QOTD: Do you think Killian Jornet will break Matt Carpenter's 3:16 at Pike's Peak Marathon tomorrow?

I think he will. I just have a feeling. I say he does it in 3:12.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

not sure if my longer outing will be today or tomorrow; we went out to eat (fancy, shmancy place) for DW's b'day yesterday evening- ate and drank too much Smile

qotd: I'd never bet against Killian

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 3 mi this morning. My calf is bugging me (same side as my sketchy hip so it’s probably related). Aggravating.

qotd: Although I’m really rooting for him to get it, I think he’ll just miss it.  But he’ll definitely be under 3:30.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4 miles what should have been a slow, relaxing recovery run. But, as usual, I could not hold myself back and ended up with another tempo run. I was just having too much fun out there.

Now getting ready for work again. 

QOTD: I have not kept track of any of the trail running superstars, or course records of any races. Just guessing, Kilian is not going to beat the record. Around 3:18.

Another question for the bikers here: how do you properly clean a MTB when it is totally encrusted in mud, sand and leaves, so badly that the cranks and chain are squeaking with sand, and brakes are squealing, too? When you don’t have a hose, just a watering can and a soda bottle?

How do you get the chain and gears clean and lubed up again? Which products do you use?

Run for fun.

runtraildc

4 miles this morning in low humidity, mid-60s with a light breeze. Holy cow was it nice! Legs felt decent, lungs cooperated. Haven't had such a good run in a while. Tomorrow is looking good, too.

Qotd: I have no idea

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

8 miles on the trails with Tiny E; we should have headed out three hours earlier when it was cooler! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

9.1 miles, weekly total 40.2, not exactly a recovery week for me.

qotd: He recently beat Walmsley, so I expect he'll beat the record.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

6 trail miles in pleasant weather.  Might do a group run tomorrow if we wake up in time. There doing 10-12 trail miles.

Mexican Lager was a hit. Very good, especially with a lime.

QOTD: no, he'll be close, but just miss. I think that's the time it took me to ascend Pikes . These mountain runners are really spectacular. The average person, or even road runner, has no idea how difficult these races are.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

13.1 with DW this morning in pristine weather - 60* and sunny.

QOTD: I think he goes under 3:10.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Zach Bitter

11:19:18

tbd.

LB2

Zach Bitter

That is unreal!!!

Looks like Killian is going to miss the record. I said 2 hours flat to the summit; he was 2:09 or something. Unless he basically takes flight, literally, I don't see him breaking the record today.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Zach Bitter

Reports on the Running Against Time and Dawn to Dusk to Dawn FB groups have it as 11:19:13, and also a 12-hour record of 104.883 miles.

2024 Races:

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There were a slew of US AG records and at least one world AG record broken at Six Days in the Dome.  Once I recover from both my run today and from all the reporting on the races, I'll try to compile a comprehensive list.  Of course these aren't trail races seeing that they were run on an oversized indoor track around an ice rink.

2024 Races:

runtraildc

12 miles in pretty nice weather this morning. Was thinking about getting out again for another run, but I'll report back tomorrow if that really happens. Canning marinara sauce right now. I'll appreciate it mid-winter.  Maybe a nap is in store afterwards.

qotd: still don't know.

Sigh, you all keep taunting us dry Californians with these thread titles... wet weekender, downpour Thursdaily, Thunder Tuesdaily .... We are unlikely to see any rain until October.

Warden, nice that you took the missus somewhere fancy schmancy for her bday!

FTYC, that's great that you're having fun and running too fast!

LB, you too, nice quick pace.

WC, nice miles this week.

AT, yum on the Mexican lager.  I had something good yesterday from Stone Brewing, called Tropic of Thunder lager.  Sort of a hopped up pale ale with hints of tropical fruit.

runtrail, Dr. J -- nice miles.

Sandy, enjoyed your Tevis crew report.

I did a 10k yesterday in Monterey, got 3rd in AG despite extremely rusty fast gears.  Did a couple more miles after the race.  11 miles today plus kettlebell class.  Finished the week with 33.

QOTD:  I see it wasn't a record-breaking day at Pike's Peak Marathon.  Kilian won in 3:27.  Way ahead of Sage Canaday in 2nd place at 3:39.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR