Trailer Trash

Bye Bye Bama' Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

couldn't happen to better a team- a nice old fashion thumping!  made my night 

winds are supposed to be better today (tomorrow as I'm posting this Monday night), plan is to get out to the hills for a few miles

qotd: is there a team (any sport) that you love to root against?  Alabama is right up near the top in college football, Patriots would be my top pick for NFL- as you can see all the rooting I do against these teams doesn't pan out too often Smile  I don't like to see any team enjoy too much success (well unless it's "my" team )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I’m totally cheating since it’s still Monday, but I couldn’t resist joining in the gloating about ’Bama.  I think it’s the SI cover jinx, actually.  Shouldn’t have let them put Tua on the cover a couple weeks ago!

Queen, good thing you weren’t watching Aquaman or you might have signed up for something REALLY nutty.

40 miles last week. 5.4 miles today. SRD on Tuesday.

QOTD: oh where to begin...

USC

Univ of Miami (FL)

Michigan

Ohio State

Stanford

Any team coached by Pete Carroll (currently Seattle)

Any team coached by Jim Harbaugh (I know, I already have Michigan on the list)

Back in the day, any team coached by Jimmy Johnson (I know, he’s retired, but I still can’t stand his mug)

Alabama, of course.

NE Patriots

Seattle Seahawks (even without Pete Carroll)

LA Dodgers

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Waiting for the light rain to stop and heading out for some slow easy miles.

Sue - why don't you move to Oregon. It will save on you race travel time for the year.

Did anyone see this story about the 90 yo bike racer who was stripped of his world record for drug doping. 

QOTD:  Like Gatsby, it's a long list.

College Football - Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State (sorry XT), and any team that plays on a non-green-colored turf field

Pro Football - Cowboys, Ravens, Cowboys, Patriots and Cowboys (did I mention Cowboys)

Baseball - Yankees, Phillies

College Basketball - NC, Duke

Pro Basketball - All teams.

Hockey - Any team playing against the Capitols

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Watched that last night, though was able to crash early in the 4th quarter since it was over. Not surprised really. Like Nick Saban but sick of Bama' winning all the time. We will say that about Clemson soon.

No run today but will get to the gym later for weights and such. Cortisone shot is helping already. Mild pain I had on stairs and at rest is fading/gone. Plan is to try this running thing Thu or Fri again.

SirB taking in the game with his bud.

QOTD:

Baltimore Ravens

NE Patriots

Pittsburgh Steelers (unless they play the Ravens)

Alabama Crimson Tide

Michigan Wolverines

Golden State Warriors

NY Yankees

Clemson Tigers will be on that list soon

Gatsby/AT - Awww... show my Buckeyes some love, ok?!  Tongue

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I should add North Dakota State to the top of my list, they are in the FCS same as my Grizzlies- they've won 7 national titles in 8 years; one of their first games each season is against a FBS team- they've won almost all of those (Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansa State- among others), it's time they move up and leave the FCS

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD:  Now that I live in OK I can't stand the OU team.  I don't care for Clemson or FSU either.  NFL I don't like the Patriots much but I don't really watch sports other than the Triple Crown.

Yesterday was a rest day, today I have 6 planned.  Funny thing...I got my sun light in on Thur and it's been sunny here since.  If it gets cloudy again I'll plug it in and see if that changes the weather.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wow so many NE Patriots haters! I am a big fan but I grew up in NE so ...

Still no running.  The one night I don't have b-ball practice but I am still super busy.  Such is my life right now.

QOTD: Yankees, Steelers, Eagles, Giants (nfl), Yankees.  Yes I said them twice! 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

QOTD: I gotta chime in for this one

Being from Michigan I hate anything from Ohio, everyone knows the only reason Michigan doesn’t fall into lake Huron and Michigan is cause ohio sucks.

and of course New England, everyone knows they suck along with Dallas

besides that I”m not running this week, still in recovery mode from last weekends race.

Gator eye

Buckeye???? What the hell is a buckeye anyway??

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am.  Gym is planned at lunch...

QOTD:  I don't watch sports much at all unless I am back in Michigan with the family.   We like Michigan State...little bro went there and I cheer for Packers..I have no idea why and Vikings because I went to a game once.  But no I never route against a team.

AT:  More reason not to eat meat!

XT:  SirB does not look impressed.  I take it he doesn't care for beer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Suffering from motivation issues. I think it's mostly from the rain, partly from not getting much sleep last night.  Was going to go for a run, but don't really feel like running in a cold rain. Might jog some on the TM then spin some on the bike.

QOTD:  Logged on with the intent to just to post my miles from Sunday and leave, but stayed for the QOTD .

College football at the D1 level. I love to hate it.  I hate the way the fans worship the team, the coaches, some players and get so worked up into a frenzy that they overlook anything bad associated with the program or will do anything to win. For example see Penn Ped State. They are not the only place that could be used for an example, but are maybe the best.   I hate the worship of the "student athlete" myth. At the D1 level there are very few athletes that are playing that are there for the education first. It's all a charade that really just detracts from what a institution of higher learning should be.

Don't pay too much attention to any professional sports anymore because I just got tired of the antics surrounding everything.  There is however,  one pro team that I despise. And it dates back to March 29, 1984. Yep, that's a long time to hold a grudge but I'm up to the task . That was the day that the Irsay's  packed up a moved the Colts out of Baltimore. I've rooted against them ever since and will continue to do so.  Heck I'd rather see the Steelers with trippin' Tomiln as coach beat them.

Jamie -  Keep your chin up, I don't hate the Pats. Don't always like them the best, but I root for them more then I don't.

GC100k

QOTD: Like all red-blooded Americans, I hate the Texas Longhorns Steers and the Dallas Cowboys. I do often find myself rooting for the Cowboys for some unknown reason. Maybe so their eventual defeat is more crushing. I'm born and raised in Wisconsin as a Packer fan so of course hate the Bears and any team from Chicago or Minnesota. But mostly the Bears. But the Packers and Bears have rarely been good at the same time, so the rivalry isn't really that heated.

XtremeTaper

Buckeye???? What the hell is a buckeye anyway??

A Buckeye is a nut that will choke a wolverine every time.  Big grin

XtremeTaper

XT:  SirB does not look impressed.  I take it he doesn't care for beer.

Queenie - Sir B is over a 100 now in human years. The fact that he is still sitting there to be photographed is a sweet thing.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But mostly the Bears. But the Packers and Bears have rarely been good at the same time, so the rivalry isn't really that heated.

Aside from a year here and there, it's been over 75 years since the two were at the top of the division.  In the late 30s and early 40s the Bears and Packers finished 1-2 in 7 out of 8 seasons.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.