Trailer Trash

Leadville 100 RR...A bit Long, But It's 100 Miles... (Read 61 times)

Occasional Runner

Here is my RR from Leadville. I had an amazing time with great people in some great mountains, There is little more I want out of life.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/08/2013-leadville-trail-100.html

Thanks for checking it out!

Kelly

Watoni

Well, relish in your accomplishments, no more recriminations and get that big buckle next year!

Great report and great race! I may write a report if I get a break ....

BTW, I get the nemesis point. I have a cycling nemesis race ... gotten within 19 minutes of my goal time. Next year for both of us!

Occasional Runner

Well, relish in your accomplishments, no more recriminations and get that big buckle next year!

Great report and great race! I may write a report if I get a break ....

BTW, I get the nemesis point. I have a cycling nemesis race ... gotten within 19 minutes of my goal time. Next year for both of us!

Thanks!

I really enjoyed our time together but wished we had more. I think you're deeply talented runner and I'm so happy that you kicked ass in the LT100 on your first time out. I hope to see you again sometime soon.

PS...Let me know if you're ever eager to pace. I'm always looking for someone to run through the night with and you would be a hell of a candidate.

Watoni

Thanks!

I really enjoyed our time together but wished we had more. I think you're deeply talented runner and I'm so happy that you kicked ass in the LT100 on your first time out. I hope to see you again sometime soon.

PS...Let me know if you're ever eager to pace. I'm always looking for someone to run through the night with and you would be a hell of a candidate.

Likewise on having more time ....

I foresee me pacing you for at least part of Western States 2014!

moonlightrunner

Congratulations! I enjoyed your race report. You are a talented runner....and your wife is an amazing Lady. Your efforts are an inspiration.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Congratulations! I enjoyed your race report. You are a talented runner....and your wife is an amazing Lady. Your efforts are an inspiration.

Thanks. My wife is really is amazing. I don't think I would even want to do this stuff without her.

Birdwell

Congrats on the finish!

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  You'll get that demon next year.  How's the knee?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on finish #3!  You're friends are right...3 finishes is pretty damn impressive regardless of time.  Do you think the 50k slowed you down at all?  Any thoughts on where you will pick up the time needed to get under 24?  Thanks for the entertaining report as always.  Kudos to Leon and Jo also...nice to have a team like that.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

Nice job, Kelly.  You'll get that demon next year.  How's the knee?

Thanks. The knee is a bit sore but the swelling is gone. I think its fine. I'm going to try to run tomorrow and check it out.

Occasional Runner

Congrats on finish #3!  You're friends are right...3 finishes is pretty damn impressive regardless of time.  Do you think the 50k slowed you down at all?  Any thoughts on where you will pick up the time needed to get under 24?  Thanks for the entertaining report as always.  Kudos to Leon and Jo also...nice to have a team like that.

I'm sure the El Vaquero Loco 50k slowed me a bit. I think for a successful sub 24 hour finish, I need to be better rested and I need to increase my caloric intake a bit more. I don't have my high attitude nutrition totally dialed in yet.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

This was only LT #3 for you? Wow.  It feels like you have been running hundreds for a while.  Your legs have a lot of miles in the last 2-3 years.  Amazing! Kudos to Jo once again.  And Kudos to Leon.

I like your commentary on the runners who are coming in at the end.  They truly do work very hard.

Congrats once again and you will get that sub 25 hour!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

This was only LT #3 for you? Wow.  It feels like you have been running hundreds for a while.  Your legs have a lot of miles in the last 2-3 years.  Amazing! Kudos to Jo once again.  And Kudos to Leon.

I like your commentary on the runners who are coming in at the end.  They truly do work very hard.

Congrats once again and you will get that sub 25 hour!

Jamie, 3 Leadville 100's seems like a lifetime to me too.

I've only been running for a little over 3 years. I forget that sometimes too.

dpc3

Another awesome day on a mountain! Congrats and I hope the knees and hip are healing up nicely.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm not sure if I'm envious or jealous of your running adventures, either way you

are one lucky dude to be able to do what you do.

You've come a long way from a 33 min. 5K. Awesome job, Kelly, thanks for the report.