Trailer Trash

Feeling Funky Fridaily (Read 36 times)

Occasional Runner

It's been a rough week since Red Hot. I've been mostly bedridden and I've dropped almost 10 pounds. I've probably consumed 1000 calories all week. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better and decided to go test my legs out. I ran for 30 minutes and it didn't kill me, so I'll take that as a good sign.

We're flying to AZ tonight and I'm allegedly running a 50k tomorrow. It's supposed to be 72 degrees, which would be tough even if I felt normal. I'm not making a final decision on the race until race morning, but it's highly likely that I will run, albeit, slowly.

All of that, coupled with a new job, and my whole routine has been a total mess.

QOTD: Are you ritualistic with your daily routine or do you take it as it comes?

I'm very ritualistic. I wake up at the same time every day and all my movements are pretty much the same all the time. I try to eat on a very regular schedule so my body always knows what to expect and I go to bed around the same time every time. I find that consistency provides for a healthier body.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

wonderfully wet and grey outside, so it's time to go for a run soon. Just waiting for breakfast to settle and my running clothes to come out of the dryer.

The snow is melting away, but it will still take a few more days to make the whole load disappear. I am glad I got to snowshoe and take advantage of the wintery period as much as possible.

Kelly: Welcome back among the kicking and screaming! Glad to hear you're getting back on track again. Take it easy, don't go overboard and stress yourself out. It could bring back the whole misery for a second round, and you don't need that, I assume.

QOTD: I used to be somewhat ritualistic at times, but my life just does not allow for this now. I agree that regular schedules improve performance and well-being, at least for me (I'm a creature of habit, to say the least, if given the choice), but with DH's chaotic disposition with regard to work and health schedules, the kids' activities, and some other stuff, I am happy to just get some runs in. So I go with the flow and wing it, and put emphasis on total weekly mileage and some key long runs to get ready for my races.

Enjoy the day, runners!

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 miles with Weston.  Trail conditions for tomorrows race were described as "running through knee deep water ice"  Of course, it will be 50 *F so I'll be in shorts, and hopefully it will melt more and get packed down a bit.  The first 10 mi lap will be toughest; all the 10 and 20 mile racers will have started by the time I start my 2nd lap, and will either pack it all down or turn it to mud slush soup....hopefully the former.

Kelly... 50k? in 72*F?  No need to tell you to watch nutrition and hydration especially, since you have been laid out with GI trouble.  Bring extra TP.

QOTD:  ritualistic.  If my wife gets up with me and breaks my routine I will always forget something.  That said, wake up time varys according to the planned distance, so I can get to work at 8:30.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Birdwell

morning folks!

4-5 easy after work today.

Yesterday's run turned into a tempo and I beat my PR for that course by 3 minutes (5 mile out and back, PR was really soft)

QOTD: I like routine, but I'm not bound by it. It's hard to have a set routine with very pregnant wife, a three year old in the middle of potty training and a 7 going on 21 year old in the house. I just kind of roll with the punches.

Morning,

Rest day for me. I'll get in some type of longer run tomorrow followed by the Ugly Mudder 7 Miler on Sunday. Excited to for my first trail race since the 50 miler!

QOTD: I vary my routines based on my obligations...but generally I wake up between 6 and 7 and always run after work.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

I biked and push up'd yesterday but didn't make it out for the run.  Haven't run all week for no good reason.  Today will be a good day to get it in.

QOTD: I am pretty structured in my day to day life...less so for things that involve the fiance.  I like that she mixes things up for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile run in the rapidly disappearing snow. It was still deep enough to make the running harder work than when dry.

Marley was definitely looking for her deer friend.

QOTD: Probably more on the ritualistic side.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

Good morning all.  Yesterday was the first time our whole family went for a run together.  Me, my SO, our 4 month son, and our pooch all got out for a little 3 mile run together along the paved riverfront trail.  It was snowing the whole time, and our son toughed it out like a true winter warrior, just hanging out in his stroller & singing the whole time.

QOTD:  I really prefer routine, but with a baby in the house, things are changing each day.  Still, I try to keep things as routine as possible.  Like Lace, I believe that routine is good for the body, and when I throw things off (like I did last weekend) I pay for it for a few days.

TrailTromper: I'd like to see a photo of Marley & her deer pal if you can get one!

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Kelly, glad to hear you're on the mend and I'll see ya tomorrow at Elephant Mt.  Looking forward to a nice warm shirtless run at low elevation.  I might get out for an easy spin on the bike today.

QOTD: Not really a routine person since I work in a restaurant the hours can vary widely.  I've been doing mostly dinner shifts now so I've kind of shifted to a 2nd shift timeline.  Sleep in, get a run in, get to work mid-afternoon and get out and home to bed late.  Nice part is I get to run in the late morning/mid-day which is much preferred to cold pre dawn jaunts.

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

Had the CT scan on my lower abdomen today. The tech showed me the scan, kinda cool but I couldn’t tell if anything was amiss. It will be a few days to get the results.  It was a little strange looking over the Tech’s shoulder at “my junk” though, she was cool and didn’t say anything – very professional. By the way I’m feeling much better and feel like I turned the corner, but figured that I should go ahead with the scan anyway, just in case there is something wrong in there.

lace - glad to hear that you are "on the mend".

Qotd: I'm kinda flexible, sometimes I run before work and sometimes after work. Pretty wild stuff, don’t you think?

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me. Planning a longy tomorrow, supposed to be 50's.

Hope you feel better, lace, not like you to be laid up all week. Push those

fluids whether you race or not.

QOTD: Totally ritualistic, I'm up at 5:30 whether the alarm is set or not. I eat at

the same times, go to bed, etc. I'm wicked boring.

Daydreamer1

For the past three weeks I've been intermittently  dealing with this GI tract crap. Some days things are fine, other days not so fine and today is one of the not so good days. Still hopeful I'll get in my normal 10k loop. Have to finish up a homework assignment then hopefully the run can be worked in.

QOTD: An assassin would have a difficult time tracking me down. My work hours range from 8 hour shifts to 24+ hours. Start times are all over the clock. Many times I'm not even sure if I'm coming or going and I look at my schedule on a daily basis to prevent any mistakes. It'd be a lot healthier if I had more of a routine but I don't and won't for the foreseeable future.

Chnaiur

I'm doing 3 easy miles and a strength workout this pm.

QOTD: The first and last 30 minutes of each day are usually the same. Between that, I improvise and adapt. It is the only way to handle work, family, and training.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

charlesmoman

Did a fast (for me) 12 miles yesterday on the gravel/dirt roads of Muscatatuck Wildlife Refuge.

First time outside since December 3 - but I have kept up my 35-50 miles a week on the TM

I was going to go back out there and do 12 or so today, but the winds are gusting like crazy and decided to not fight it.

So I will go tomorrow morning and get in 12-14.

Since I am retired, my routine can vary a lot.

Occasional Runner

Kelly, glad to hear you're on the mend and I'll see ya tomorrow at Elephant Mt.  Looking forward to a nice warm shirtless run at low elevation.  I might get out for an easy spin on the bike today.

I'll be at the race, but I might not run. I just haven't been able to get enough calories in me to maintain any level of physical activity. I'll just have to see how I feel tomorrow morning. Either way, I'll see you out there.