Trailer Trash

Too Cold Tuesdaily (Read 307 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning refugees!

I did a really slow 6 mile run to the gym this morning, followed by some core work. It's getting colder every morning. Almost time to break out my running tights. 

QOTD: Does your Christmas list have any cool running gear on it? If so, what?

I want new handheld bottles and probably a few more pairs of shorts. Nothing major...I have so much crap as it is.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Found my way over here, too! Now I just need my computer to cooperate to get my avatar uploaded. The electronic sidekick does not allow me access to my own files on the hard drive, and I wonder what made him change his mind over Thanksgiving...

Snow, snow, snow!! Flurries dancing around, and I can't wait to get outside onto the trails! Planning on 6-10 miles, just a short run. Two kids at home today, their school has not started again, so I'll spend most of the day with them, perhaps making some sugar cookies, or a pie. Maybe I should go for a longer run, then I can eat up all the pie?

lace_up: Nice morning workout!

QOTD: I am hoping for new bottles, too, and maybe a new headlamp!

Have a great day, runners!

Run for fun.

Morning!  We're getting a cold snap as well; BRRRR.  Easy 6 planned for today (actually this whole week is a cut-back week for me).

qotd: nothing I can think of.  

dpc3

My inner blue hair came out yesterday. I was in bed and asleep by 830 then up at 2 and finally out of bed at 315. Got in a much needed 3 miles to kick start my engine so to speak after a lazy day yesterday.

Lace: Nice miles and gym work

FTYC: Enjoy your day with the kids and run

QOTD: Nothing specific on my list but I need/want a new headlamp, shirts, socks, and shorts.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

I like it over here, glad to see so many folks making there way over. My last remaining

tie to RW is my online training log, I just need to figure out how to transfer it to another

program and I can cut the cord.

Looks like that PA snow is heading toward MA, I'm heading out now for errands then a

6-8 miler on the trails. After months of bitching about the lack of trails here in MA, I'm 

making an effort to be glad for the ones I do have. Maybe I'm.... cough, maturing.

QOTD: I want a new Nathan's vest since I've outgrown my current one. Other than that

just the basics; shorts and shirts. I'm not much of a gadget dude, I still use my trusty

Timex Ironman watch.... so '20th century' of me. 

AT-runner

Tim

Light snow out right now.  I'm lacing up my new Hoka's for 8 miles on the road.  I hate to do it, but second day of deer season and the woods are packed tighter than Kim Kardashian's jeans.  

QOTD: We're heading to Portland, OR to see my oldest for Christmas, so anything I ask for needs to fit in our luggage.  I like the headlight idea, or some new running tights.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'm not much of a gadget dude, I still use my trusty

Timex Ironman watch.... so '20th century' of me. 

But, you do have an Ironman - while I still run completely blind. I enjoy it, though, I think a pace gadget would only raise my competitiveness (not that I'm competitive to begin with, no, never!).

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Nothing planned for today. I'm still trying to get over a nasty cold. 

QOTD: since I started working full time many, many moons ago, I don't like waiting until Christmas to get new stuff. So my Christmas list is always really short or nonexistent.  I was looking for a nice lightweight windbreaker or jacket over the weekend. If I find one, I might wrap it and put it under the tree!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, gang!

Do we want to stay in our own little hole or venture out and take over the other trail forum?

Resting today...what else is new?  Healing is a slow process.

QOTD:  We don't really do Christmas.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I own all the latest GPS watches, but I use the Ironman watch too. I only use GPS for certain training runs. Maybe once a month or so.

Occasional Runner

Do we want to stay in our own little hole or venture out and take over the other trail forum?

Mandy- I'm not sure what would be gained by leaving here. But we should change the name of our forum so it's not exclusive. 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning.  Nothing for me today.  Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.  It looks nice the first snowfall then....not so much.  Have another PT appt later today. 

QOTD: I don't have a Christmas list. 

Have a great day!

By the way, are we going to move dailies into the main trail running area at any time? Just wondering - seems like more people could access it. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Cold it is--14F here right now but the sun is shining. Ran in shorts yesterday when it was 28F. I think that may be the edge of my comfort zone. Getting wimpy I guess. I will try for 8 out at Donald park today. Smooth sailin'.

AT--Kim Kardashians jeans, I'm enjoying the visual in my mind. Next time post a pic.

Jonfer-- I still use my Timex often. It's relaxing. When I wear the Garmin it seems like I'm always competing with it for pace etc.

QOTD--I have too much gear,but then again what is too much?  6 canoes and I want another. 5 pairs of snowshoes and I want another.  Already have next springs REI rebate spent on a new headlamp, already have 4. Utterly hopeless.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Harrier, 5 pairs of snowshoes?!  And I thought I was bad for having 2!

Running is dumb.

LB2

Honey, I'm home. Rain out today.

LB2