Trailer Trash

Too Cold Tuesdaily (Read 307 times)

Hey, all! Another wind-related injury for me today... Went out for a short run, it was colder than usual (in the 20s with "feels like" at 16F) with a lot of wind. I was running across a bridge, totally exposed to the elements, and the wind decided to blow directly on the sore spot I've had on my left hip for a while. It hasn't been bad, but for some reason the wind blowing directly on it made it tense up and hurt like crazy. I walked a little a couple of times after that, but by the time I got home I was actually limping. It's better now, but I think tomorrow's a rest day. I also looked up some strengthening exercises and started doing them...better late than never.

Good to see everybody over here, but I'm too grumpy for dailies. Tomorrow, I promise. Except...

jonfer: It's really easy to transport your RW files over here, and the log is virtually identical (the RW log was created by eric, so is actually an older version of the one here). Here's how:

Go to your RW log, click on Tools, then Export. You'll see two choices, to download as tab delimited or XML. Save as both (don't think you can do both at same time, so do one, go back, do the other). Then go to RA's log, see where it says "Upload GPS Data"? Hover over that and another choice shows up below it, "Upload Data From File." Click on that, and choose "Runner's World" under Data Source. It will prompt you to upload both files you exported and saved from RW.

Takes a bit of time, then all your files will show up down below. There's a box that says "Save all" or something like that--you have to do that before they show up in your new log. I transferred over 3 years worth of log without trouble--but if you do have trouble, there's a tech forum where eric will answer any questions that come up.

QsOTD: Christmas--Nope, not this year. I have most of what I need. Always like to get new clothes, though. Which forum?--If they're cool with it, I'd say move over there...but I think we need clarification on whether they're all cool with it. I thought they were, but Hasher Rick's posts suggest maybe not. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Harrier, 5 pairs of snowshoes?!  And I thought I was bad for having 2!

I also have 2 snowshoes!! A right one, and a left one. Oh, wait, I think they are interchangeable - so that means I need only 1?

Run for fun.

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  After a 10 day break I took up running again last night.  A nice little 4 miler in the snow.  Pretty awesome!

qotd - I had a Nathan hydration pack on my list.  We did Christmas with my family this past weekend and now it's in my closet :-)  Nothing else really running related on my list.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Rest day for us today.  I have been out of touch for because I was away on a vacation.  I have been riding and running, but not posting.

QOTD: Nothing for running, but a bunch of camping stuff is on my list.

I guess I missed something since folks seem to be over here.  I am not sure what the problem was on RWOL.  Was it just the problems over the "panty raid"?

I always had issues over the board software RW used.  Basically it was a problem that seemed to cause hangs and slow loading from my work computer, but the last upgrade resolved all of that.  My preference would have been to stay there, but I will go where the majority goes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FurShirtFlyer

Hi! I just came over from the RWOL fourms. I was mainly a lurker over there. I actually like the interface over here much better.

No running for me today. I'm a little under the weather.

QOTD: I'm hoping Santa brings me a new Jurek UD race pack!

I guess I missed something since folks seem to be over here.  I am not sure what the problem was on RWOL.  Was it just the problems over the "panty raid"?

The spam attack which started over the holiday weekend--and is still going on--is terrible. And the response? Well, to give you an idea, I went over and counted just before dinner, and the first three pages of the Beginners' Forum had 84 spam threads that remained undeleted...but a mod had moved two legitimate threads posted by forumites because they were in the "wrong place." Priorities, priorities.

Dubuquer

Easy morning run here in the cold.  I love the cold and this is my favorite time of year to run; it would be even better if it was light when I ran.  Ran into a friend's dad who was out for a run this morning.  He also got attacked by an owl this summer while out on a trail run so we exchanged owl assault stories while running a couple miles together.  

I just finished issuing an invite to an informal meeting over drinks for next week to get everybody in the area together to talk about spring trail running plans.  We've finally got a group going and even had 7 people head out on Sunday morning sunrise run.  There's a time for running trails alone and a time for social runs and we're finally getting the social side covered here in the tri-states area as we recruit more people to the dirt.  There may even be 8-10 local peeps running the Ice Age 50k/50M from the area this year!

QOTD: Nothing on my list.  I've got most everything I need... okay, maybe I'd take a good sized H2O backpack.

Hi everyone,

I have a short run scheduled for today after work and hopefully the rain will have switched to snow by then. 

QOTD: Yup, several things.  Since I've only been running for 7 months I asked for a pair of winter running tights, a couple winter tops, knuckle lights to replace my ones that got stolen, a reflective vest, a medal metal hanger, and my brother is registering me for a race.

Oh and I come bearing homemade chocolate chip cookies!

Jon, I wont' be doing the 50k this upcoming may just the 25k but I plan on doing Pinelands 50k in 2014.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

dpc3

Hi everyone,

I have a short run scheduled for today after work and hopefully the rain will have switched to snow by then. 

QOTD: Yup, several things.  Since I've only been running for 7 months I asked for a pair of winter running tights, a couple winter tops, knuckle lights to replace my ones that got stolen, a reflective vest, a medal metal hanger, and my brother is registering me for a race.

Oh and I come bearing homemade chocolate chip cookies!

Jon, I wont' be doing the 50k this upcoming may just the 25k but I plan on doing Pinelands 50k in 2014.

So are you bribing us with Chocolate Chip Cookies?

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thanks for the tip, Majope, I had a feeling they were similar programs, I'll try the conversion

later today. Much appreciated. 

Steph- 'just the 25k'? A 15 mile trail race is damn good and nothing to sneeze at. Now...where

are those cookies?

Sandy-2

Cue music...  "Please alow me to introduce myself...  "

With the new home I figured that I was due a name change.  In another Forum in a galacy far-far away I was known as "Slowdown".

Gosh I go out of the country for a few days and all hell breaks loose and we actually move to a new place !!!  Were you guys trying to move without telling me?  Gosh that hasn't happened to me since my parents moved while I was in College...  (well just kidding, they did tell me where they were going.)  Love it.

Hey LB2, like your photo.  Who's that cute short guy on the right?

I did an easy 5 miles up river this morning.  Rainy and cold here.  I guess they are having some serious flooding here (here is England at the moment).  Has it made the news back home over the pond?  The ankle is feeling a bit better, but I am going to take things easy this week.

QOTD: I think I'm getting coal this year...  Evil 

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Whew!  Sandy made it!  You were on my short list of people that we still needed to hunt down.  Smile

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Cool! Glad you made it Sandy. We were about to write you off.

Sandy-2

Thanks Mandy and lace ...   Cool

tbd.

LB2

Glad you are here, Sandy. I was going to text you, but I had you here with me in the avatar, anyway...

LB2