Trailer Trash

Monday Monday, so good to me (Read 39 times)

Birdwell

Morning Folks!

Got in 4 miles of hill repeats this morning, in a windless, 93% humidity, light drizzle of a morning. Luckily, it was in the 50's temp-wise.

It's starting to feel a little cooler outside.

TrailTromper: I hope things get better with your Mom.   

QOTD: pass

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been super busy lately. Not much posting or reading of posts.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Got in 5 sluggish Monday morning miles this morning.  Got the boys off to school for another start of a school year.  This means fall is right around the corner.  Yea!

QOTD: Does your running suffer when life becomes very busy or do you find ways to still fit it in?

Depends why I am busy.  I try to keep running which helps with the stress of being busy but sometimes running is just not as much of a priority as other things are.  Fortunately my recent busy stuff is not getting in the way of running.....yet.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all.  Strength training for me this evening

qotd 1: suffers some. but I'm pretty good about squeezing in runs ie when we moved last month, my mileage didn't suffer too much

qotd 2:  do you strength train?  what does your regime look like if you do?  I strength train twice a week, typically Mon & Fri; normally one day is somewhat traditional weight training- higher reps (10-12), w/ little to no rest between sets- I include core strengthening in this workout- the other day is primarily body weight exercises- pushups/pullups/situps/squats/etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

The pooch and I had a nice cool 5 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD1: I have always been able to fit it in my schedule.

QOTD2: I am kind of on again off again with strength training, but have been trying to do it M,W, and F.

TrailTromper: I hope things get better with your Mom.   

Thanks.  Her condition is serious, but she seems to be doing well at this time.  She's definitely not out of the woods yet, but we are optimistic.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 9.5 yesterday and today is a rest day.  I'll get in a core workout at the  gym later.  Kids are back to school, so fall definitely is coming soon.

Qotd-  yes, definitely.  Wish I could say differently, but travel (work) especially messes with things.

#2- I try, usually once or twice a week, on good weeks.

moonlightrunner

No run for me yet. Been dealing with an unpleasant GI problem sine the e d of last night's run. Not sure it is safe to go out just yet. Summer has returned and it is supposed to be in the 90's all week . I am not a fan of hot weather. Oh well...if it is hot I will just have to take a nice swim afterwards.

Qotd: I don't strength train and I should. I just hate it. Every week I tell myself I am going to start.

Qotd#2: my life is not hectic now...but my daughter is due in a month with the part 2 of her Irish twins (first half turns 1 in 3 weeks). I font know how I am going to get it all in.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

I got a nice 6.5 mile run in this morning.  The wildfire smoke was surprisingly light.

QOTD 1:  I try to find a way to fit running in, but I think its important to be flexible

QOTD2:  Nah, not really.  I find it boring.

DigDug2

SRD for me.  21 yesterday (longest ever for me), giving my legs a break.

QOTD 1:  absolutely - running is one of the first things to go when life or work stresses ramp up.  That has resulted in some long hiatuses (hiati?) in my running over the years (plus inertia, once life settles down).

QOTD 2:  no - ideally I would, but I don't enjoy it so it always falls to the bottom of the priority list.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Had nice long run yesterday from Pine Grover Furnace up over to Kings Gap SP.  Beautiful vistas along the way and got to see the mansion at Kings Gap that at one time was a weekend house for a family who made money in the steel business.  I always love when I can combine history and running.

The James McCormick Cameron mansion.  You can see in left side of picture what kind of view they had.

Old Sundial in the gardens.  My watch said 10:50, so looks like they need to correct for DST Smile

View from trail on way back.  My car is 6 miles away somewhere behind that second mountain on left.

TT - thoughts and prayers.

DD2 - congratulations on new distance record.

QOTD 1: Unfortunately, yes.

QOTD 2:  Unfortunately, no.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Did 5 last night

Proud to say my son placed  3rd in his BBQ competion over the weekend!

Dig Dug, congrats on the distance PR!

Trail Tromper, hope your mom gets better soon! I had pancreatitis twice, all they can do is control the pain while I laid in the hospital for a few weeks. They never figured out the cause of mine either.

QOTD 1 I try to make time to get a run in, the busier I get the more important my running time is.

QOTD 2 I do a yoga class once a week. I was  going to the gym twice a week, but between a pinched nerve in my neck and being too busy with life,havent been there since last winter.

NorthernHarrier

SRD running wise but I did just finish a weight and elliptical workout which I guess covers a QOTD.  5.5 hour run on Saturday in the U.P. so I'm taking an extra rest day.

Birdwell-- It's not getting cooler here yet at all. Angry  Mid nineties today, yesterday was 93 in Northern Wis.

QOTD 1- I've always managed to get my running in.

QOTD 2- I have lifted pretty much my entire adult life, I try for 3x weekly. While I'll goof around with big weights from time to time I generally keep the weights more at a maintenance type level. Stay consistent.

dpc3

7 as the sun came up this morning

QOTD: I try to get my run in no matter what but don't lose any sleep if something gets in the way

QOTD2: This is one of my weak points and something I am trying to fix, can I report back in a couple months.

Hi all,

Feeling much more confident with my 50 miler training today. Got in a 3.25 hour trail run last friday evening and it was amazing! Loved the sunset trail run more than any morning training run I've done.  I felt light and fast, and the hills were almost too easy.

Heading out for approx. 6 miles in about an hour.

QOTD 1: Good question. Usually the answer is no, but this season it has definitely suffered. Realistically only 2 weeks got away from me but they felt more significant.

QOTD 2: I do not strength train. I have a gym membership that I never use :/

Sandy-2

SRD today.  We had a little congratulatory party at a local Mexican place for my DD last night.  She got to do a little "show n tell" while projecting a bunch of photos from her Mongolian adventure.  Her friends were pepering her with all sorts of questions and asking her for more stories about the horses, kids, culture, bonking and overall fun. It really turned out great and everyone was so excited and happy for her.  Lots of fun.

TT - hang in there, hope your mom recovers soon.

qotd 1: I usually try to fit something in, mostly very early in the morning when everyone else is asleep.

qotd 2: Nope.  Just a little core training.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Worked last night so I came home and took a nap. Now I have some homework to do and have a chemistry class this evening. Hopefully I'll get some time to go for a short run, but i doubt it.

QOTD1: For me running definitely suffers. While I like to say it's all about priorities and if something's important you will find time for it, It sometimes life just blocks me from doing what I really want to do.

QOTD2: Not on a regular basis. I would like to and should, but I never seem to have the time that I need to do it.